Home Forums Dating It Works ! it really works !

Verona Posted 3 months ago
It Works ! it really works !

After 10 months on an expensive dating site, I changed my outlook and decided to
1. Clearly state am looking fir a lasting relationship

2. Exchange no more than 3 or 4 texts, I then insist on phone calls or Video calls only

3. Suggest a meeting in a crowded place early on

4. I don’t give much personal details prior to meeting up

The last 3 face to face dates have been with genuine guys who actually looked like their pics.

Being strict to Rule No. 2 weeds out the attention seeking time-wasters, try it, ladies, if you’re getting dis-heartened

Date no 5 with a genuine man coming up tonight, wish I’d done this sooner 👍🤞🤞

8 likes & 14 replies
    • Moondaisy 15th May 2022 at 1:31 pm

But what happened to the genuine guys? Why are you on date number 5?

• Verona 15th May 2022 at 2:45 pm

Haha, a video call is essential – if they decline – I say thanks but no thanks – it really does weed out the time wasters

• Mo22 15th May 2022 at 11:26 pm

Sounds promising. Hope it all goes well for you and your having another great date

• Bryony 16th May 2022 at 9:01 am

Good luck and thank you for the advice!

• Recycled Sixties Teenager. 16th May 2022 at 2:23 pm

For me it’s not the time wasters so much as the guys with an agenda.. for me, l need an emotional connection to a man and that takes longer than most (in my experience) are prepared to give. Wait until I’m ready to give and l will give you everything that is all l ask. Is that to much to ask.
      Good Luck out there..

• Fuff 16th May 2022 at 7:59 pm

I haven’t tried dating sites yet. Thinking about it though. Apart from above which seems very good advice has anyone any tips. Also which sites are the best for over 60’s.

• Verona 16th May 2022 at 9:53 pm

Bumble or Elite
      Good luck if you take the plunge

• Recycled Sixties Teenager. 17th May 2022 at 7:39 am

Nicest man that l have met, was on, Muddy Matches a very genuine site.. run by two genuine women.

• Matteus Rosso 29th May 2022 at 1:58 pm

Agree completely about being very upfront with what/who you’re looking for, and also about not giving too many personal details.
      I feel exactly the opposite about phone and video calls tho – up to and including the first meeting you are both, in reality, interviewing each other for a ‘sit vac’, and personally I don’t want either of us to make that decision based on a phone call. My opinion may also be coloured by the fact that I don’t like phone calls at the best of times. At no time with my wife [ex] and subsequent partners did we ever call each other when we weren’t face to face – only text and emails. I am happy to give my number to someone that I’ve met and when I think there is something worth continuing with 🙂
      Hope date number five didn’t end the good run with your chap!

• Verona 29th May 2022 at 2:16 pm

Update, Got to Date No. 9 with same guy then, unfortunately, one of his grown up children had cancer diagnosis. He’s moving 400 miles away to be closer
      It was great whilst it lasted but obviously family comes first

• Mo22 30th May 2022 at 2:29 pm

Oh, Wait and see, Perhaps he’ll realise he misses you and then 400 miles won’t seem too far. Think of the proclaimers song. That was 500 though I think! And you also had 9 nice dates.

• Verona 2nd June 2022 at 6:24 pm

I sure did !
      He’s in constant touch which is nice given the circumstances

Add