Home Forums General It can be hard to see the positives so let see if we can create a post that only talks about the positives. During lockdown I started to do exercise every day for 1 minute by going up and down my stairs. Im still doing it and I feel great and fit into some of my old clothes…..

Add comment

• It can be hard to see the positives so let see if we can create a post that only talks about the positives. During lockdown I started to do exercise every day for 1 minute by going up and down my stairs. Im still doing it and I feel great and fit into some of my old clothes…..

Posted by Seven
Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Reply by Christinex

I joined an online camera course and am loving learning how to take photographs properly off automatic.

• Reply by Jonathan F

My son and I made a pond in the garden during lockdown. I was able to spend some quality time with my teenage son working on a project, and now I have Koi carp as well as a nice memory I can enjoy.

• Reply by Seven

I too was able to spend time with my 21 year old son who should have been away at Uni, so having him home for 5 months meant i was able to know better the wonderful man now before me.

• Reply by sandyhart55

Yes I’ve done the same! My daughter runs classes. I’m lucky. Keeps me active and gets rid of angst and a few pounds!
      at first it was almost manic with lockdown. Too much drink and food as it gave us the perfect excuse.
      exercise is a great outlet for many things.
      im also hoping to get the art gear out again! I was too critical of myself before. I just want to enjoy it.
      first post so hope it encourages someone somewhere. Your post encouraged me to get started. Cheers 👍

• Reply by Seven

Good to hear. ThankQ for sharing.

Wot classes to u attend?

And what type of art do u do?

• Reply by sandyhart55

Well done. A great feeling to get into clothes that were tight 👍

• Reply by drye4860

What A great Idea! I have gained 4 to 6 hours commuting time, I am fresh as a daisy playing borderlands games cycling kayaking and making piccalilli. Would love to be part of a chat to discuss deep thinking interesting issues with a mixed group of people.

• Reply by Seven

Hi there what happened for you to gain the hours?  What are borderland games? Love piccalilli…..

• Reply by chrisday_narca

Have grown more produce in the garden this year – peas, french beans, lettuce, radish, carrots – have been very sucessful.

Also walking more each evening for up to an hour.

Chris xx

• Reply by Seven

Hi Chris

I want to.start a.veg garden.  Is there anything I can grow in my conservatory which gets extremely warm?

Well done by the way… inspirational 🙂

• Reply by PeterR

Hello, I was very interested in your post. Have you managed to increase the duration of your exercise beyond one minute?

• Reply by Seven

Hello PeterR  Yes and no…… added another minute later on in the day.  Wot positives things did u get up to during lockdown?

• Reply by PeterR

I built a kayak in my garage and last week paddled it on a local canal. I’m hoping this will get me fitter.

• Reply by Al29

I started tackling long distance walks. Breaking them down into stages. Make them as short or as long as you like. The drawback is that you have to come back to the car, so you walk the same walk twice, but you get a different perspective coming back.

Viewing 5 reply threads