Home Forums General Is this a thing now?

Forestbather Posted 2 months ago
Is this a thing now?

Do your feet get bigger when you get old?

I have been a size 5 all my adult life.

(Size 6.5 for running shoes – anyone who runs will know why. Lol.)

Suddenly my walking boots feel too small.

WTAF is going on there then?

So – do your feet suddenly grow post-meno or what?

2 likes & 23 replies
    • Will998 17th June 2022 at 3:54 pm

And your ears and nose too FB
      🤣🤣

• Reverend Nick 17th June 2022 at 4:49 pm

Yes, I believe they do. As a young man I was an 8 – now I’m either a 9 or 10 depending on what for and where they were made – this, I think is the main reason, sizes are a lot more casual when made in the emerging economies.

• Tambos58 17th June 2022 at 4:57 pm

Get your plates of meat measured at a proper outdoor shop. Surprising peoples sizes and what’s recommended, sometimes a size up from people have always bought

• Shirlann 17th June 2022 at 5:02 pm

No I’v always been 7🙃

• Naz 17th June 2022 at 7:39 pm

Your feet might be getting wider not really longer. However, check your hat size too. If your hat size getting bigger too, consult your doctor.

• backofbeyond 17th June 2022 at 9:48 pm

I’d put my money on a combination of Naz’s explanation + running. I’ve gone up size and a half since I started running. Or since my ligaments stopped working properly. Or both.

Or the explanation I saw in a vintage shop the other day:

‘Size two sizes larger than you normally buy. Vintage stuff was cut smaller” 🤣🤔

I’ve had a few pairs of walking boots that have done exactly the same – annoying when they’re good quality ones. Now I just buy them from Lidl. They don’t last long enough to shrink

• TOD1967 17th June 2022 at 11:31 pm

I’ve been a size 9 shoe for decades. I bought a pair of walking shoes a couple of years back and ended up with a corn. I was properly measured at an outdoor sports shop recently, I’ve gone up a size & have a certificate to prove it. I’m just about to donate several pairs of boots/ shoes to charity which I ordered online during Covid

• NeilB 17th June 2022 at 11:46 pm

Don’t know about feet but why does hair now grow where it shouldn’t but not where it should?
      And why for the love of God (in my best Victor Meldrew voice) do I now have two hairs that grow out of the top of my ears like aerials??

• Mad Ralph 17th June 2022 at 11:49 pm

I have hairs growing out of my nose, not my nostrils, my nose 😮
      And when I get a hair cut I have to have my eyebrows trimmed as well 😭

• NeilB 18th June 2022 at 12:09 am

I don’t recall when I added my nose to the morning shaving routine but there we go. Joys of getting older.

• Badger56 17th June 2022 at 11:49 pm

As Will said the only body parts to carry on growing are the ears and nose.

• Pennypitstop 19th June 2022 at 10:53 am

I do think sizes vary from shop to shop but weight gain, water retention, heat can all add to feet getting bigger.

• Paul095 19th June 2022 at 4:39 pm

I’ve finally grew into my shoes, l no longer need that tissue me mother used to stuff in the toes x

Add