Home Forums Local Groups England Nottinghamshire Is there anybody out there 75 plus. I don’t feel...

Is there anybody out there 75 plus. I don’t feel old but suddenly my last birthday has made me feel very sad.

4 likes & 10 replies
    • Loobielou 3rd September 2020 at 5:09 pm

Thinking of you X

• simon.feltham 7th September 2020 at 8:32 am

I’m not over 75 but feel like I needed to reply. You have done well to reach 75 and only feel sad now. My “feeling sad” Birthday was 50. Everybody will be different. I’d say carry on through life as if you were 60 and take each hurdle one at a time. Old cliche but you are as old as you feel. Keep smiling😊

• hlevi101 7th September 2020 at 10:06 am

I am just under 90 an am active and feel part of a community in North London.

• Deleted User 7th September 2020 at 11:24 am

I am 56 so not over 75 but do have a Mum who is 81 and full of happy vibes. I am sorry you feel sad and I hope to send you some of my Mums Happy Vibes and my Positive Vibes. We all have down days and no one really knows what someone is going through but please if you feel you need support then reach out for it and do not feel bad about that. You obviously have access to the internet so have a look and see if there is anything online that can help. Just remember you are not alone. Take care.

• ljsteward 15th October 2020 at 9:25 pm

Oh yeah, we’re out here.  I’m 77 and still going strong.  Frankly I don’t think about it much.

• brianjgalbraith 17th October 2020 at 1:30 pm

Hi, I am 76 but don’t feel it. I still do Pilates (through You Tube) and do a daily walk of about 3 miles a day. Until yesterday, I used to go to the pub two or three times a week but the pubs closed here at 6pm last night for 4 weeks. I live in Northern Ireland. My wife passed away last December having been diagnosed with Alzheimers in 2011. I looked after her since then at home and continue to be involved in dementia organisations through Zoom and try to offer advice and guidance to existing carers. I just try to keep busy.

• Deleted User 26th October 2020 at 8:31 pm

Mature and wise, that’s what being 75 is. x

• Yellow 6th December 2020 at 1:04 am

I was 70 in May. I had plans for a family and friends party. Then the virus happened . So l ended up spending the day alone. I didn’t mind being in my 60s but after my birthday l felt old. I put a lot of what may be negative feelings down to the fact of the dreadful situation we are all in at the moment. I hope you are feeling better about things now.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 27th June 2021 at 11:36 am

I’m 71 I didn’t feel old until I retired only went to the doctor once every 3 year’s for my medical for my hgv and psv and instructor’s license since then I have had health issues so I now feel my age. Looking forward for the end of this blooming pandemic ending so I can get back to cruises

• Blackbird 4th March 2021 at 10:30 pm

Well done to all of us . You are never too old to try new things – new hobbies and interests that c as n lead to new friendships . Keep smiling , stay positive. Every dsy is a new day . Every dsy I write what IM grateful for / it’s as good habit to follow . I’m 65 years young

Add