Home Forums Local Groups England Nottinghamshire Is there anybody out there 75 plus. I don’t feel...

Add comment

• Is there anybody out there 75 plus. I don’t feel old but suddenly my last birthday has made me feel very sad.

Posted by Anonymous User
Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Reply by OchreLoca

Mature and wise, that’s what being 75 is. x

• Reply by brianjgalbraith

Hi, I am 76 but don’t feel it. I still do Pilates (through You Tube) and do a daily walk of about 3 miles a day. Until yesterday, I used to go to the pub two or three times a week but the pubs closed here at 6pm last night for 4 weeks. I live in Northern Ireland. My wife passed away last December having been diagnosed with Alzheimers in 2011. I looked after her since then at home and continue to be involved in dementia organisations through Zoom and try to offer advice and guidance to existing carers. I just try to keep busy.

• Reply by ljsteward

Oh yeah, we’re out here.  I’m 77 and still going strong.  Frankly I don’t think about it much.

• Reply by Nicky

I am 56 so not over 75 but do have a Mum who is 81 and full of happy vibes. I am sorry you feel sad and I hope to send you some of my Mums Happy Vibes and my Positive Vibes. We all have down days and no one really knows what someone is going through but please if you feel you need support then reach out for it and do not feel bad about that. You obviously have access to the internet so have a look and see if there is anything online that can help. Just remember you are not alone. Take care.

• Reply by hlevi101

I am just under 90 an am active and feel part of a community in North London.

• Reply by simon.feltham

I’m not over 75 but feel like I needed to reply. You have done well to reach 75 and only feel sad now. My “feeling sad” Birthday was 50. Everybody will be different. I’d say carry on through life as if you were 60 and take each hurdle one at a time. Old cliche but you are as old as you feel. Keep smiling😊

• Reply by Loobielou

Thinking of you X

Viewing 6 reply threads