Home Forums General Is there a time you should stop dying hair? Or is...

• Is there a time you should stop dying hair? Or is it ok to keep doing it 🤔😁

Posted by Shirlann
    • Reply by loislane

It’s how you feel comfortable, do you do it yourself or go to s hairdresser?

• Reply by Shirlann

Myself 😁just feeling hair will be last thing to go!

• Reply by loislane

I would go to a hairdresser, on recommendation, for advice etc, why not treat yourself. For me, my hair is important whether it’s the style or colour.🙂

• Reply by Silver-fox 1961

You should never start dying your hair, hate fake save money natural all the way for me. 😊

• Reply by Heva 01

It depends Andy, men as a rule do seem to age better than women, and look great with grey hair. You’ll find a lot more women than men will dye their hair. I’m fair, so the grey doesn’t tend to show that much, but my friends hate being grey and couldn’t wait to get to the salon to dye their locks!

For me personally I love a woman with Grey hair, I find natural a far more attractive look 😊😊😊

• Reply by Heva 01

I think its personal choice, but that will make a lot of ladies happy 😊

❤️❤️

Just wanted to say great profile pic BTW have you lost weight? What ever you have done suits you lovely ❤️

• Reply by Heva 01

Thank you 😊❤

❤️❤️

• Reply by Andie

You’re very sweet not to have taken offence at that comment Heva ( in part)….Beautiful on the inside too! 🌻

• Reply by Heva 01

None taken, must of looked fatter in my previous profile pic!

• Reply by Andie

You deserve a true ‘gentleman’ my dear….😘

• Reply by Kitty1969

Totally agree, most men look great with grey hair but it can age a woman. I say do whatever makes you happy!

😊😊

• Reply by Catwoman

You’d hate my purple hair then Silverfox 🤣

If you are happy with it lovely that’s all that counts right.

• Reply by bri62c

Rock the grey! It’s quite trendy these days 👍😏

Absolutely embrace you age right 😊😊😊

• Reply by Ian1964

Whatever makes you feel happy although some forget to change colour with age and change in skin tone.

Grey all the way

• Reply by Leesh

I love my streaks of glitter! If I fancy a change I will use Maria Nila hair masks, which don’t damage the hair, just deposit color on the surface…they turn the silvers to a metallic red, or blue, or whatever colour you choose, but they’re temporary so great for occasional fun. They also leave hair in fab condition and really healthy. But for the most part I let the greys shine.

• Reply by Heva 01

That sounds great 👍 might try that!

Beautiful 😊😊😊

• Reply by SelsdonLion

I think you can probably get away with it for a bit longer 😉

• Reply by Kev-kev

Blessed with a full head of hair in my 60’s and accused of dying it occasionally, need to get a silver touch up pen!!😂

😊😊😊

Personally I love my grey 😊😊😊😊

Grey Brunette stunning combo 😊😊😊

• Reply by paulinevaughan2015

After years of being a ‘natural’ bottle blonde I went to a Lindisfarne concert.

I looked round the theatre and realised every woman except one was also a natural blonde, we were all of a certain age of course.

I decided there and then it was time for a change so I went naturally pink, then it evolved to purple.

• Reply by Catwoman

It looks great Pauline!

• Reply by Heva 01

I think your purple hair is fab! Why not go for something different, Don’t think I’d ever be brave enough !

• Reply by LeighS

Having been all shades of blonde over the years, a couple of years ago I decided to stop colouring my hair and see just how much grey I do have. Not as much as I had hoped as it turns out.

I now understand how my mum felt when she said she wished her hair had gone as grey as her mum’s who went grey in her early 50’s. My mum ended up having grey highlights, did so well into her early 70’s. I don’t think I will follow her, just let nature take it’s course and see how much grey does finally appear 🙂

• Reply by Kitty1969

I will have my highlights for as long as I can, it makes my otherwise colour have a bit of life to it. There is tinsel starting to come through but my hairdresser will eventually blend it. I don’t wear a lot of makeup but do love having my hair done. Have considered going pink one day too

• Reply by Gill B

I used to highlight mine because of the rather dull
        Colour. However after lock down last year I decided to just let the grey blend. It’s still has a ‘highlighted’ look to it (although I can only see the front) but it’s definitely grey highlights now! 😂

That said I sometimes wonder whether to do it again because my hair is so fine and easier to manage with highlights!

• Reply by Heva 01

Do it Kitty, I think it will suit you! Xx

• Reply by Gill B

Whatever you prefer Shirlann. Although sometimes keep dying it a dark colour as your skin tone changes can make it too stark a contrast for some people. However if it makes you feel good about yourself, then keep doing it!

• Reply by Ian1964

A few years ago I decided to get a number 2 and take it all off as thinning on top, never looked back and keep it at number 1/2. What hair I have though is still dark and people ask how come I’m not grey.

I know a few guys who dye their hair and it doesn’t look good.

Couple have had hair jobs, not for me. Some have ventured as far as turkey for transplants. Personally I think it could be a goats rear stuck on looking at some of them.

Each to their own though and whatever makes a person happy.

• Reply by Heva 01

I think of people like Paul McCartney, he definitely needs to go more natural!

• Reply by Ian1964

I’m sure he’s gone blonde now.

• Reply by Sleepingtilcovidisover

Having started to go grey in my 20s, I’m afraid natural for me is reaching for the L’Oreal on a regular basis. I can’t see that changing until I can’t see what I’m doing! And I wear specs… Do what makes you happy! If you’re 90 odd and love pink/purple/blonde/ flame red hair, I say go for it for as long as you wish!

• Reply by Lel

Its a personal thing…. I was a vivid plum/purple colour up to around 6 months ago……. It took so much maintenance to cover the grey….. Then the killer point came when my sister (who is never one to mince her words!) said, “You should consider a colour change, that plum is very ageing on you now!”….. I took offence at first, but I thought, “Maybe a change WOULD be good!”….. I consulted my brilliant hairdresser who suggested stripping out the colour and going a silvery grey….. I went for it, and I’m so glad I did….. It suits my paler skin tone better, and it is far less maintenance………its not” old lady grey, I hasten to add!)… Just a light, low maintenance colour which suits me better! Like I say though, its personal choice…. Look at Zandra Rhodes!!

• Reply by Buds mum

Your hair will tell you. It will stop taking dye. I’m 62 and always wanted to go pink, but was always worried what others would think. Now im at a lovely relaxing age where I don’t care what others think, so I’m going for it!

• Reply by Shirlann

I like the pink too but not brave enough to do it☹️😁

• Reply by Buds mum

Go for it, what’s the worst that can happen? If you don’t like it, dye it again! Lol

• Reply by Heva 01

I love to see different colours on hair, I don’t think I’d be brave enough to go pink though, probably end up looking like a plucked chicken!

• Reply by Andie

Loving the freedom of ‘natural’! I would never have imagined saying that maybe 2 years ago. At least I have one thing to thank lockdown for 😂

Attachments:
    • Reply by Heva 01

Gorgeous xx

Add