Home Forums Book Club Is there a book club that meets up ,when we can of...

Lady Ives Posted 11 months ago
Is there a book club that meets up ,when we can of course .I like the idea of meeting up glass of wine / coffee and discuss.
29 likes & 64 replies
    • Lady Ives 6th January 2021 at 9:57 pm

Thankyou

• Poppycat 7th January 2021 at 7:37 am

Thank you I would like to do this too

• Deleted User 9th January 2021 at 10:54 pm

Sounds like you have set the ball rolling Lady Ives. Well done. Getting hold of the books will probably bethe biggest problem, but at least we can all log in with a glass of wine! Ribena will do if you don’t drink alcohol!

• Lady Ives 10th January 2021 at 3:50 pm

Had a zoom dinner party last night,it went really well.
      So we need to decide who wants to join in .Then choose a book .
      That will be a start
      I have enjoyed the Thursday Murder Club club, read it this week b.

• Pippa 10th January 2021 at 6:46 pm

Count me in please for the book club

• Steelneck65 10th January 2021 at 6:56 pm

Sounds like a good idea to get you to both read and meet others, even if it’s just thru a screen. I am interested.

• Sonia… 10th January 2021 at 7:18 pm

Hello everyone. I have just joined the site and would like to join a zoom book club. X

• Tallbird 10th January 2021 at 7:36 pm

I hardly read and I wish I did..so I’d join a club to get motivated…

• Lady Ives 10th January 2021 at 8:29 pm

I am the same ,but reading is great entertainment isn’t it .
      I am determined to do more

• Miche 13th January 2021 at 12:06 pm

Hi, I love the idea of joining a bookclub but often read comments that it’s hard to choose a book as a group. I was thinking another way could be setting a monthly theme then people choose their own book on that theme and talk about it at the book meet. For example,
      – A book you were gifted at Christmas
      – A book you already have but haven’t got round to reading
      – Something off your Amazon wishlist
      – choose a book that you love the cover design

Anyway you get the idea. Just thought I’d share that idea incase anyone was interested in that approach to a bookclub. Maybe we choose one for the rest of January to get us started whilst working out how to connect via video in February.

• Lady Ives 14th January 2021 at 10:18 pm

What an excellent Idea.Theme books give more scope.Also someone said getting hold of books ,you can download books for free or a small cost online .

• Poppycat 15th January 2021 at 4:35 pm

So shall we start this? I am not a zoom account holder but can go on it

• PeaceLily 18th January 2021 at 6:33 pm

Hi sorry I haven’t got back about setting up Zoom but am a key worker in a school so have been really busy. Also difficult to be able to get together with anyone about hosting a meeting because of distancing. I think it will be a case of trail and error. However, i notice other posts have been posted regarding Zoom book clubs so maybe the need has already been met.

• Pat1958 22nd January 2021 at 10:11 am

Sounds great..count me in

• Gaynor Lynne Jones 10th February 2021 at 11:29 pm

Hello there,
      I joined Rest Less yesterday, so just getting used to it. So far, so good!

Thought I’d say that I run a book club and at the moment we chat on a Facebook group, but I would love to do a Zoom too, if anyone would like to join us?

We usually read books from the Usborne Young Adult range (I work with Usborne and can supply hard copies at a discount), but I’m quite happy for people to access the books online and join in with our discussions.

We are currently reading ‘My Secret Lies With You’ by Faye Bird.

Just let me know if you’d like to join and I’ll add you to our group. You would be very welcome.

Gaynor x

• Gaynor Lynne Jones 31st March 2021 at 10:57 pm

Just an update on this book club:

# We had our first Zoom to discuss our Feb book as above.
        # We are having our second Zoom tomorrow (01/04/21) to discuss our March book – The Unpredictability of Being Human by Linni Ingemundsen.
        # Our April book is Soulmates by Holly Bourne.
        # Our May book will be It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne.

If anyone would like to join us, just let me know. I also have a Facebook group that we have a banter on too, called Ravenhill Readers Book Club. Send a request if you’d like to join.

All welcome! 😃 xxx

• Lingrum 6th June 2021 at 9:36 am

Hi

I would love to join your book club. The previous titles sound interesting, I need introductions to different reading. It will be good to meet others and share thoughts.

Lynn

• loislane 11th February 2021 at 12:16 am

I miss that, did you see the film book club, very funny

• loislane 11th February 2021 at 12:22 am

I miss that, did you see the film book club, very funny

• Deleted User 11th February 2021 at 10:08 am

That would be good .When things get back to normal as it is at the moment when I leave home I go past a lay by and the police are usually there pulling you over .The questions start with where are you going do you need to go .Any excuse to slap you with a £60.00 fine ,

• Lady Ives 7th March 2021 at 10:05 am

Meet me on Zoom Tuesday Morning @10.30
      Having an international women’s year coffee morning,launching let’s read together,book to be announced ,guest speaker .
      Find me on Silver Ladies Chatter .xx

• CarrieJ 15th March 2021 at 2:56 pm

Sounds like my kind of book club!

• BRYAN 16th March 2021 at 8:53 am

Think that is a good idea I live in Basingstoke if there is one I would like to join

• CherryPlum 21st April 2021 at 11:33 pm

I live in Rugeley and would like to join a book club. I am a readaholic for fantasy or feel good books. I am on my 3rd kindle. Anyone else into fantasy books – I loved Robert Jordan ‘ The Wheel of Time’ series – apparently they are being made into tv series, can’t wait but won’t hold my breath as invariable it won’t be like the books but will keep my counsel until I see the series.

• Sally Al 19th May 2021 at 6:00 am

Has this book club actually started to meet and if yes I’d love details to join . Thanks!

• Silverannie 19th May 2021 at 7:00 am

I live in Manchester…would love to meet up with fellow bookies…

• AdrianSF 19th May 2021 at 5:31 pm

So would I, but I’m male, am I allowed ?
        If anyone is interested, I can thoroughly recommend Dick Francis, his books are such , to me, joyous readin. Mainly set in 50/60’s UK,they’re a throwback to the gentler Post war years. Personally I was never interested because of the horse/jockey link but they don’t overload the stories.As far as I know, his son has written at least a couple since Dick died.Try them, I think you’ll be surprised.

• CarrieJ 20th May 2021 at 2:20 pm

Like idea of meeting in person

• Julia Umm Humaid 20th May 2021 at 6:19 pm

Yes, I’d like to join. I’m in Banbury, North Oxfordshire.

• Sand 27th May 2021 at 2:51 pm

Most libraries do have a book club, when it is permitted, hopefully we will be able to start again.

• benjack1 1st June 2021 at 8:11 pm

Hello there,
      I joined Rest Less yesterday, so just getting used to it. So far, so good!

Thought I’d say that I run a book club and at the moment we chat on a Facebook group, but I would love to do a Zoom too, if anyone would like to join us?

We usually read books from the Usborne Young Adult range (I work with Usborne and can supply hard copies at a discount), but I’m quite happy for people to access the books online and join in with our discussions.

We are currently reading ‘My Secret Lies With You’ by Faye Bird.

Just let me know if you’d like to join and I’ll add you to our group. You would be very welcome.

• Tegan 2nd June 2021 at 5:35 pm

Anyone interested in a non virtual meeting Cheshire area

• Jenny wren 5th June 2021 at 12:09 pm

I’m new so like to make friends. i am 73yrs. i like my garden, sewing and my puppy. I would like to be your friend if you have time to chat to me.

Add