Home Forums Women’s Health IS THE FAMILY DOCTORS OBLIGATED TO PREPARE WOMEN F...

MORENOCH1 Posted 2 months ago
IS THE FAMILY DOCTORS OBLIGATED TO PREPARE WOMEN FOR SOME CERTAIN CHANGES WHEN THEY’RE ALMOST OR ABOVE THEIR 50’S?
13 replies
    • beetlejuice 11th October 2021 at 12:44 pm

Like what?

• loislane 11th October 2021 at 5:10 pm

No, that’s our responsibility if we have changed then we go to them. They’re not our parents or teachers. We have to do what we can for ourselves. They have lots of patients on their books, not miracle workers.

• beetlejuice 19th October 2021 at 8:31 pm

Loislane, i have just seen your reply to this question and what a good reply it is! why can’t people take responsibility for their own health? maybe, i haven’t understood the question posed very well, but why is Menopause worthy of more medical intervention than any of the ageing processes? surely if you need help or advice, you ask?

• loislane 19th October 2021 at 10:53 pm

When I have a problem I go to the doctor, I take responsibility for whatever I can, obviously I never know whether it’s menopause, age related or my thyroid these days so it’s trickier, often the doctor will say ok let’s do blood tests etc.
          Apart from that I am responsible for my health, weight, etc
          I know there are sicker people than me so I try not to take up an appointment if I can solve it myself.
          We see it everyday though, extra instructions on things like opening a yoghurt, how to cook, news dumbed down. Where has commonsense and personal responsibility gone?
          I sound harsh, but the amount of people that want nannying.
          I do understand that some parents didn’t do their jobs properly which is why we’re seeing this.

• MORENOCH1 24th October 2021 at 4:00 pm

You’re right somehow, they are not “miracle workers” as you said.

• Linpap 11th October 2021 at 10:52 pm

Do you mean HRT?

• Forestbather 11th October 2021 at 11:13 pm

Lol. They have no shits to give. Once you’ve had children no-one gives a shit about you love. Fact.

• Daisychain 12th October 2021 at 10:27 pm

For many GPS the menopause seems to be a mystery! I’ve found that female GPs tend to be far more clued up than their male counterparts and a lot more sympathetic. Having said that, I think it’s important that everyone should do as much as they can to find out about changes that occur throughout the course of life and do as much as possible to understand themselves and others. It’s also a way of trying to take some responsibility for our own health and mitigate where possible some of the unpleasant side effects.

Was anyone else aware that in Japan the menopause is far less problematic than it is in the West? Maybe their diet has an influence? In India, the menopause is welcomed as it brings an end to child bearing. These cultures do not see older women as invisible but show greater respect to them (I may not be quite right but this is what I have heard).

• MORENOCH1 19th October 2021 at 6:41 pm

That’s helpful. I might have to read something about this Japan’s experience later.

• Daisychain 19th October 2021 at 8:21 pm

I understand that using any product with soya has natural oestrogen that helps with the menopause. Try having as much little processed food as possible. This should help your micro biome which is proven to improve general health.

Add