Home Forums Family & Relationships Is it OK to admit that I am lonely on this site?

Peter kin Posted 1 year ago
Is it OK to admit that I am lonely on this site?

Even though I am seemingly inclusive and happy, it is the inner self which is slightly lost.
Long solitary walks without being able to call in on someone is taking its toll.

22 likes & 35 replies
    • LeighS 12th December 2020 at 10:47 pm

Yes it is perfectly OK to admit you are lonely. There is a group called Loneliness. I have found this is a caring community and you are not the first person to admit to being lonely and I suspect you won’t be the last. Hopefully by being a part of this community will help even if it is just virtual 🙂

• Peter kin 12th December 2020 at 10:52 pm

Thank you very much for your kind reply. As I’m new to this site, is it easy to find the Loneliness group?

• LeighS 12th December 2020 at 10:58 pm

If you look on browse groups to the right hand side of the webpage and scan down you should see it between Local groups and Men’s Health. I’ve posted on there a few times as well as other groups within the forum. People are very nice on here.

• Peter kin 13th December 2020 at 2:31 pm

Thank you. I’m replying to people from the group called. Loneliness. However I am finding difficulties in negotiating this site.

• min 3rd January 2021 at 8:13 pm

Yeah, stick with this group until you can manage working out the site – like Donia said, tell your interests, We all are here to be with people.

• Donia 13th December 2020 at 1:21 pm

Hi, Peter, what do you like to talk about, what are your interests? Maybe we can find something in common.

• Peter kin 13th December 2020 at 6:45 pm

You suddenly stopped communication. Was it something I wrote? Please explain. We are adults, so it’s possible to get through the challenges.

• Donia 13th December 2020 at 7:54 pm

I was travelling, couldn’t answer, is there a time limit?

• Peter kin 13th December 2020 at 8:36 pm

Sort to have bothered you. I didn’t mean to offend.
          Peace 🙏🏼

• Donia 30th December 2020 at 7:39 pm

You didn’t bother me, I just passed through hard times, was travelling to my country to take my mum in care, then was a bit disturbed, but I’m o. K. Now,Keep it up with paddling, I’m quite jealous of you! Happy New Year!

• TmonT 13th December 2020 at 3:15 pm

It’s more than OK it’s essential to let it out keep your pecker up the vaccines coming
      Were are you based

• Peter kin 13th December 2020 at 3:40 pm

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘Pecker’?

• Andy Paddles 13th December 2020 at 4:26 pm

You have a kayak! Always happy to talk boats, paddles, trips etc. Always happy to talk about whatever for that matter!

• Andy Paddles 13th December 2020 at 4:28 pm

Starter for 10, what and where do you paddle. I’m oop north on the edge of the Lakes, you’re in Esher (dan saff!). Think I have the Thames on my paddle list for next year!

• Peter kin 13th December 2020 at 4:47 pm

Yep I’m in the Saff of Blighty. Mostly kayaking unmoderated little rivers with lots of overhanging branches. My dreams are the Scottish Lochs.
        I spent lots of time in Ings just outside Staverly.
        My cottage was a stone’s throw from the railway line.

• Andy Paddles 13th December 2020 at 4:54 pm

Absolute cracker of a pub in Ings. Used to love a few beers in the watermill when I lived in Kendal. And the Eagle and child in Staveley used to be pretty good too. Scottish lochs also on my list for 2021, right to roam and all that. However if you’re careful plenty of lakeside wild camps in Cumbria!

• Amber 15th December 2020 at 8:20 pm

I am brand new and live near Esher, my first reply,Hi all, am I allowed to say this? Well bit late now tis too late

• Jeanjeanie 13th December 2020 at 4:29 pm

Yes mate it more than OK, im exactly the same, I see people for a walk in the park, but its not the same as popping to see someone, iv been on furlough, since April, I dont see many people and yes it’s lonley.

• Tess27 13th December 2020 at 8:42 pm

It’s ok to be lonely but happy at same time you’ll get there x

• Robin 13th December 2020 at 11:51 pm

Some can be alone and not be lonely . Others can be in a crowd and be lonely
      The latter are generally lonely, feeling out of place , non connected ,even misunderstood ,awkward , unlikeable Etc
      The former can be a temporary situational occurrence . The latter is very different ,internal , fighting habits ,demons ,traumas etc
      Robin Williams Vincent van Gogh spring to mind
      Good luck over these times

• Peter kin 14th December 2020 at 8:16 am

Er du Psykologisk anrettet?

• Dreamyboy 23rd December 2020 at 9:18 am

Interesting post – in my case, I’m married, 60 years old, but my wife is the one with the social life – over the years for various reasons the friends I did have have got on with their lives and I have no one to even go for a quiet drink and a chat with – I can sometimes find this devastatingly lonely without someone to talk to(apart from my wife of course). It would be nice to get an alternative point of view from someone else at times or a change to my social life but it never happens.

• Robin 14th December 2020 at 10:27 pm

No But studied a bit and read a lot

• Amber 15th December 2020 at 8:23 pm

nice cricket green and pub by West End , Esher, very scenic

• Gasalot1 4th January 2021 at 4:51 pm

its OK

• Jo Ann 4th January 2021 at 9:03 pm

Yes I do know what you mean. But strangely enough I don’t have a solution

• carmelcotter 22nd January 2021 at 12:42 pm

Hello Peter,
      You are not alone mate, so many of us are feeling the same . Chin up it can only get better xx

• NeilP 22nd January 2021 at 1:37 pm

Off course it , i feel the same at times its good to connect to others on the site Be positive easy to say i know.

• Sandyg 23rd January 2021 at 12:50 am

that’s probably the reason most of us are on here actually…

• Josie The Black Country Wench 25th January 2021 at 10:02 am

Hi, yes it is ok to be lonely especially in these terrible times, were we are confined to our homes. I have a very loving partner but even so sometimes I feel lonely. He is very self sufficient and fine with just me however I am a social person and like to say hi to other people, that is why I joined this forum. I post in many of the groups and enjoy the conversation that I have with people. So if you need someone to chat to I am always here. By the way I live in West Wales were are you? Jo

• Grapes 25th January 2021 at 5:03 pm

I get where your coming from but keep thinking positive thoughts
      Plan what you will do when this hopefully over
      Plan each day just simple things like what meals your having how many walks and what time you will go
      Watch maybe 1 film every afternoon maybe clean cupboard out boring maybe
      But you will feel as though you have achieved
      Something

• Lynn57 30th January 2021 at 1:29 pm

Hi Peter, I can identify with your lost inner strength. I am still certainly searching for mine at the moment. I am now living alone and unfortunately am also disabled and have been shielding for almost a year. I have an inner turmoil which refuses to budge. I get short periods of feeling hopeful but then the isolation and feeling of being completely lost returns. I try to keep occupied as best as I am able but not having any meaningful contact is making me extremely depressed. Can you share any coping strategies? It does take guts to open up and ask for help but I have no choice: sink or swim? I am Lynn a sad 58 year old living in Durham.

• Softbelly 2nd February 2021 at 7:06 pm

I am lonely too. Suddenly single at 50 with no real friendship group. Covid is making it harder to broaden my horizons. We’ll do it though, slowly but surely.

Add