Is it April soon?

Roll on summer – to be Isolated in the sunshine would be much easier

16 likes & 23 replies
    • redman 14th February 2021 at 12:11 pm

thats true

• Mand53 14th February 2021 at 1:36 pm

The blossom in your garden looks so pretty Beth 😁

• Beth Carlisle 14th February 2021 at 3:15 pm

If you add taller plants that flower it will attract more birds too. Some shrubs like eunominous have variegated leaves cream edged green or yellow and they don’t shed their leaves. They have small white flowers abd can be grown against a wall or fence – always pick plants for their leaves as they only bloom for about six weeks but evergreens give colour in winter too.

• Betsy 14th February 2021 at 4:27 pm

I love the idea of flowering shrubs as I have inherited a garden I know nothing about, full of flowers and hard work. I am thinking along the line of replacing gradually with shrubs as I hope they will make my life easier hopefully. Thank you for some ideas may need to pick your brains at a later date! Your garden looks to be my ideal if only I could achieve something like that I would be perfectly happy. Betsy xx

• Beth Carlisle 14th February 2021 at 5:12 pm

My sister lives in Gower and has a superb informal garden. She advised me to stop getting annuals and buy shrubs and my garden is easy to maintain now . I will be happy to suggest good easy care shrubs if you need any help get in touch

• Deleted User 14th February 2021 at 6:21 pm

Hello Beth. Lots of seed catalogues out there with some good suggestions in them and often money off. Growing your own is dead easy and much cheaper. Also a glimpse of the glorious summer ahead in the photographs. We planted lots of bulbs last year, including alliums which are incredibly diverse and great as cut flowers. The RHS website is great for advice and tips – I joined and have free access to their gardens (once they open again) and some good ideas for planting schemes to see. I’ve just bought a few gardening books off eBay – again, saving a fortune and basic gardening planting advice and design does not change much over time, so you don’t need to buy the latest versions. Finally, look at other gardens around where you live to see what grows well in your locality and soil. Enjoy!

• Deleted User 14th February 2021 at 6:27 pm

Btw – I am sure you know all of this but I have been learning on the job since becoming (semi) retired. Pics are some of my recent endeavours up cycling timber from skips and a few new railway sleepers.

• Josie The Black Country Wench 14th February 2021 at 7:12 pm

I wish it was, been watching the rain streaming down my patio door all day. Can’t wait for these things to start happening. Snowdrops in the hedgerow and lambs in the fields

• Josie The Black Country Wench 14th February 2021 at 7:13 pm

The little lamb had just been born. We saw it happen.

• LHarrisonL1 14th February 2021 at 9:34 pm

That is something nice to look forward too i love easter x

• loislane 14th February 2021 at 9:43 pm

Noo, I’ve decided I don’t want my birthday in April

• Somethingshort 16th February 2021 at 9:17 am

What lovely variegated leaves….and a superblossom tree……

• EnglishgirlinWales 16th February 2021 at 9:49 am

What lovely photos, full of the promise of sunny days to come. I live in the middle of town and only have a small little courtyard, I really do miss a garden, I will bear your advice in mind for the flowering shrubs, I love a variegated leaf too, for when I do get a garden again!

• redman 16th February 2021 at 12:42 pm

yesterday it was, but today its not

• Shirlann 22nd February 2021 at 3:24 pm

Feeling cheerful seeing all the bulbs I planted coming up😁should be looking colourful outside soon!

Add