Home Forums General Is anyone out there really fed up but desperate to...

• Is anyone out there really fed up but desperate to stay positive? It’s hard but we all need support right now and I think it’s great to just forget convention and talk to each other about anything! 👍

Posted by Grannyfran
    • Reply by Officeboy

Yes ive struggled working from home so i gone back to office but im the only one, and missing my nights out and meeting people.

• Reply by Larnette

Do you miss the humour and banter? I sure do

• Reply by Berry

Definitely

• Reply by Gregarious Granny

Oh I used to get a bit annoyed sometimes with everyone chatting loudly in the office but I would give my back teeth to have it all back again!!
          Bantersorus-Rex!!
          BanterClaus 😂😂😂🤗

• Reply by N125

I’m currently off work after a partial knee replacement beginning of December, off till end of Feb. I really miss the banter with my shift mates, we all get on so well.

It’s not the same working from home is it? You can’t just call someone up and get back the same banter 🤷
          Hope your knee is healing well and that you make a speedy recovery 🙂

• Reply by N125

I’m almost there to be honest, got a lot more movement back than I imagined, just need to build up more strength & I’ll be away ! Set myself some big hill challenges for summer….circumstances allowing 😊😊

• Reply by Grannyfran

I had a total knee done three years ago and it transformed my life so good luck

• Reply by Grapes

It’s a bad time for all especially if you can’t walk about or go for a walk.
          Hopefully you can read or puzzles it’s all time consuming and that’s prob what you need right now 🖐️

• Reply by Grapes

Well you are office boy
        Sorry could not resist
        😀

• Reply by Larnette

Absolutely! Wanting to feel like things are going to get better this year but worrying.
      It seems a long time since we could go out to chill out and feel totally safe..

• Reply by N125

Things have a way of levelling out, it’ll get better I’m sure. Keep our heads up & sense of humour active & well all get through it. Its what we Brits do best ! 😊😊😊

• Reply by Grannyfran

Oh yes !! Remember getting ready for that night out ? Not eating all day to get into THAT black dress ! Boys included 😂 quick glass of Pinot before we all meet up too ! Looking great , checking each other’s outfit out and then ordering the first round of ??? So come on everyone what’s yours ???

I have never not eaten all day as I am diabetic but I know what you mean!!
        I’m also happy to be half way through Dry January 😊
        O reckon I was necking way too many glasses before this third lockdown so I have had a strong word with Mesen and I have stopped smoking, stopped drinking alcohol and started taking more care of my mind and body….
        It’s so BORING!!! 😂🤣🤣😅

• Reply by Grapes

Join my club have done exactly the same 🖐️

• Reply by Grannyfran

We will emerge from our cocoons slim trim and ready to do everything we’ve not been able to do ! What’s everyone’s first thing to do ?? I’m for Spain!!!!! What about you ?

It’d be quite nice to be super smug 😚 except for BEING STUCK INDOORS INDEFINITELY!!! 😂😂😂

• Reply by Grannyfran

I promise you it’s coming it’s around the corner and we’ll look back and wonder how we did it ! But we did do it !! I’m going to go through my wardrobe tomorrow and I’m trying on as many frocks as I can 😂 what’s your very favourite? I’ve got a primrose yellow dress and I have kept it and I am determined to wear it this summer, so come on find that dress girls !!!!

I’m bidding on a pair of denim dungarees! No joke…
        I’m going all Sexy Dexys Midnight Runners this year!
        I have barely got Dressed out of PJs all month 😅

• Reply by Grannyfran

Ooh denim dungarees!!! I never thought of that !! That sounds gorgeous all casual and smart at the same time 😂 but I’d end up looking like an aged builder 😂😂

😳😳🤔😂😂😂

• Reply by LeighS

Totally agree with the staying positive bit. It is hard to do so. For some reason this lockdown for me is harder, maybe it is because it is winter and we just don’t know exactly when the lockdown will end.

I reckon it’s because it’s cold, dark winter and we can’t see the light at the end yet, too.
        Chin up, Chuck!!
        We’re all doing well really, eh? I mean, we’re reaching out to people on here aren’t we?
        We should plan a get together for when we’re all safe and vaccinated.
        It was my 50th birthday on Boxing Day and I had planned a big celebration that couldn’t happen.
        I’m also planning a delayed trip to see the Northern Lights holiday with my Granddaughter this year….
        Things to get excited about 🙏💕😘😍😍🤞

• Reply by Grannyfran

Ooh happy belated sweetheart 🎂 what I’d give to be 50 again!! The northern lights are just magical we sometimes get them up here , you hang on to that plan girlie x

Ah, Thank You 😘 I am super excited about a whole new decade!!
          Hey there’s a Facebook event on January 22nd I think it is…. A virtual tour of SW Icelandic Northern Lights.
          I’m all over it! 😂🤞💕⚡

Where’s “up here”? Scootland? Xx

• Reply by Grannyfran

Yes my darling at the foot of the Glens , very beautiful and so cold just now !

Attachments:
        • Reply by Chellsy

The cold and dark is getting me down. But making plans for later this year is helping! Hope your celebration is fab when it goes ahead. Are you doing the Hurtigruten trip?

Ohh… What’s this? Tell me more please 🙈😀

• Reply by Chellsy

https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk. It’s on my bucket list. Basically they guarantee you’ll see the Northern Lights and if you don’t you can do another trip for free. It looks brilliant and certainly not your normal cruise which I’m not sure I’d like as I’m now on my own.

It’s rubbish being cold, dark and miserable, isn’t it?
          It’s definitely going to get better though 😜 xx

• Reply by LeighS

Like your idea of a get together when we are all safe and vaccinated. Would be fun to meet other members of this group in person 🙂

• Reply by Grannyfran

It’s dark it’s cold but I saw daffodils pushing through today and I thought how wonderful it was because it means we’re moving forward! Spring ! Sun on your back waking up with the sun streaming through the window, longer evenings, maybe even a glass of wine in the garden ( jumper on of course 😂) meet-ups again the pub the theatre or just a walk out together!! It’s coming so dust of that outfit you couldn’t wear last year and let’s go girlie !!

• Reply by Anonymous User

I never do well in January and February at the best of times. This year is a real struggle, I am literally taking it one day at a time. Can’t wait for Spring to arrive!

• Reply by Grannyfran

Just wrote an entire reply which by the way I did think was rather witty and encouraging only for it to disappear up its own bum 😂 not that I’m using age as an excuse but I’m not terribly good at “ stuff” ! Anyway “ Nearlynan” your nearly a brilliant strong determined lady who just gets down now and again and that’s ok and your right you know, a day at a time that’s good for all of us to remember. So today’s almost gone let’s get up tomorrow and just keep breathing that’s all we need to do just keep breathing! Night sweethearts x

• Reply by Anonymous User

Thank you Grannyfran. x

Hang in there 🙂 Xxx Music, deep baths and breathes.
        Remind yourself how wonderful you are ❣️ xx

• Reply by Grannyfran

Good move!!!! You are important and you DO matter x

• Reply by Tessag

I would love hear comments BUT the language will be too blue so I’ll pass. Thanks for the invite anyway.

• Reply by Grannyfran

Ooh you spoilsport 😂😂 it’s ok to show off your language skills! 😱😂😂

• Reply by Grannyfran

Morning everyone! It’s SNOWING!!! I love the snow it’s beautiful, and as soon as this old girl is up ( no judging, I’m retired 😂 ) I shall dress and get up the hill to join the children. I’ve just had my porridge UGH what is it about “ healthy eating” why can’t wine and chocolate be equally good for you . 🍷🍩

• Reply by Summer59

Struggling with the current situation. Always hate this time of the year anyway. I call it the ‘nothing’ time of the year. But- the daffodils are poking their beautiful heads up and Spring is on the way. Better days will come too and hopefully we will appreciate them more.

• Reply by N125

Sounds good, especially in our current position ! 😊

Hello 👋 Are you a Granny called Frances?
      So am I!!
      How are you today? I’m not sleeping well so am just getting up at 10.30am.
      But I am definitely going to stay positive.
      Let’s compare how we do that, eh? 😔🙆😊⚡💪

• Reply by Grapes

You are a positive person well done you x

• Reply by Grannyfran

Well most of the time but there are moments but they don’t last long I hope ! Today’s a good good day !! X

• Reply by Grannyfran

Hey Granny Fran 😘 yup that’s me Fran ! I went out walking/ sliding in the snow on my own and The Greatest Showman on my headset just invigorating come on girls and boys get you lunch and come with me !!

Attachments:
    • Reply by Grannyfran

Gin later !!! 😂

Attachments:
    • Reply by pollardc60

Hard lockdown…struggling a bit more this time around. Lived in Canada for 15 yrs, got married 2nd time 2008. He passed away June 2019. I moved back to UK July 2020 to be nearer to my family. Living with my Dad(Mum has dementia; she’s in a Care Home)
      I’m not happy with my situation as am not living my life.
      Husband and I had plans to live here and in Canada few months at a time if it was possible. All gone now, must look for some new ones 🙃

• Reply by Grannyfran

Oh honey your having a time of it . My husband has vascular dementia and I know it can be difficult but I’ve learned to shift my thinking it doesn’t always work because well we’re human but it does bridge the happy gap ! Sometimes we just can’t change our situation like just now and it’s miserable so you just write it down love and talk because if there’s one thing I’ve learned is that people on the whole are just plain kind and do want to help. Once the weather turns we can get out for long walks , then we will all start to feel more positive. Good luck my darling x

• Reply by wolvesinwales

Well I never thought I would say it but for once in my life I actually look forward to going to a shop or to work.
      Lockdown in summer was bad enough but at least I could have long walks every day.
      After the end of a long relationship with someone who never wanted to go anywhere I embraced freedom in 2019 with 6 trips abroad and had planned similar last year but of course my wings were very soon clipped by Covid.
      I used to enjoy the planning of trips too but cant even do that anymore as things are still so uncertain.
      Stay positive everyone surely things will get better.

• Reply by Grannyfran

Nothing to stop you sorting out your holiday wardrobe though eh ? It’s coming! I’m betting on August this year. Just to sit quietly people watching at a beach cafe would do me !!

• Reply by rena22

It would be so lovely to be on holiday anywhere. I have always enjoyed my holidays and just mixing with people all year round but I am in the shielding group so have spent much of the last ten months on my own. I do so miss meeting up with friends for a natter. Trying to stay positive and look forward to better days hopefully in a few months.

• Reply by Grannyfran

Not long sweetheart although it feels forever but cosy down just for six weeks and it will be lighter at night and the bulbs will be through and this lockdown will be easing off , so come on girlie chin up eh ! X

• Reply by Grannyfran

Actually I’ve not bought a new swimsuit for years AND the pool is closed too . Maybe I’ll go on the next clearance sale and look for a new one. Talking of which, I’m stunned that a reasonably intelligent woman thinks it’s ok after a half a bottle of wine thinks it’s a good move to trawl the Next sale ( accessorise only ) and buy shiny pretty baubles which I will never wear but I’m only buying the trash because it’s less than a fiver !! Then when it arrives by which time it’s the cold light of day I say out loud , you stupid woman , what passed you ??? Well the Pinot Grigio did of course!! 😱😂 I’m hiding my phone before I open the bottle next time 🙄

• Reply by Compass 360

I just can’t wait to go camping again

• Reply by Officeboy

I just want to dance and hit the clubs before i get to old . I dont want to do old people things its boring. I love travel and walking and group chats. How does everyone cope?

• Reply by Officeboy

How can you stay positive when no one can meet or go anywhere. Its soo boring and everyone are so cut off from each other. The over 50s just seem so forgotten about and im less likely to meet someone in 50s age group.

• Reply by Grannyfran

It’s a well known fact that we disappear as we get older 😱 you’ve got to work twice as hard to get noticed 😂😂

Add