Home Forums General Is anyone following the court case between Rebekah...

Forestbather Posted 2 weeks ago
Is anyone following the court case between Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney?

It is insane.

Two grown women instagramming and gossiping and selling sleb stories.

I am following it purely in disbelief that it is even a thing.

Next month Johnny and Jayden from year 1 will be suing each other because Jayden wouldn’t pick Johnny in PE.

FFS.

You couldn’t make it up. And yet ……. Lol

3 likes & 49 replies
    • Shirlann 12th May 2022 at 10:15 am

No not interested ffs who should be or why?

• backofbeyond 12th May 2022 at 11:00 am

From what I understand they’ve been ‘advised’ again and again by their legal teams to settle out of court but they’re insisting on having their day (week) in front of the judge (no jury in this one). They really are like children squabbling over he said / she said while the car they’re in heads for a cliff edge.

I think many of us have a high level of schadenfreude invested in this one – if they both end up penniless on the streets it’ll probably be the best outcome. There will inevitably be the followup tv progs / book / paid interviews but it’s one (rare) occasion where I don’t begrudge the lawyers whatever they’re charging.

• Colin in Kent 12th May 2022 at 12:06 pm

It’s hilarious. A perfect microcosm of where we are as a society and what we regard as important. If Rome had instagram at the end of their days this is what they’d have been spending their time on. Panem et circenses.

The road to hell is paved with celebrity gossip, and we are well on our way down it.

• VFP 12th May 2022 at 12:07 pm

I’m not really following the story but it seems to be in the news so it’s hard to avoid it. I did read an article about who was winning the fashion war which I found quite interesting, although I can’t remember who is actually winning🤣.

The whole thing is silly, but it’s a bit of light relief from the real news, I guess.

• Mick20 12th May 2022 at 12:45 pm

The judge as always got the option to award damages of a £1 if he / she Wishes, the judge could also state both parties will be forbidden to make any personal financial gain in connection with this case.

So both Rooney & Vardy will end up with solicitors bill’s plus any court costs the judge may impose.

• Cheers on toast 12th May 2022 at 12:51 pm

Someone mentioned it yesterday so I had a quick look. Playground squabble that the lawyers will love.

• Cheers on toast 12th May 2022 at 1:29 pm

😂

• Robert K 12th May 2022 at 1:58 pm

Social media =
      35% good
      65% dragging society into the gutter
      5% declining educational standards
      (particularly maths)

• Sue Devon 12th May 2022 at 2:38 pm

I don’t see this as a news item, come on BBC.

• Badger56 12th May 2022 at 4:07 pm

Who actually gives a monkey’s?
      Absolute twaddle!
      Besides give it a couple of years no doubt they’ll make a kiss and make up mockumentary in which they’ll ‘bare’ their souls or rather lack of them.
      I despair 🙄

• Tambos57 12th May 2022 at 5:19 pm

Like a scene from that dodgy tv show that used to be on tv ‘footballers wives’.

And to think what they could actually do with the money their spending defending their shallow egos, which let’s face it, does anyone really give a rats arse over.

• siandeve15 12th May 2022 at 7:47 pm

The Rooneys have got more money than sence.
      Wayne was good at kicking a ball back in his day but common sense has never been one of his strong points which goes for his wife.
      What part of shut up does Coleen not understand.
      The pair should take a leaf out of there friends book David & Victoria Beckham and try doing some good to other people less fortunate than themselves

• backofbeyond 12th May 2022 at 8:46 pm

From what I’ve read of the verbal exchanges in court I’m beginning to wonder if either of them actually realise what it is they’ve got themselves into. There’s a childlike element to their responses that suggests they’re not quite grasping it all. I predict drama queen tears and faux collapse on the court steps for the looser followed by real tears and real collapse once the bill arrives, particularly if hubby then says he’s squandered the family assets on the 3.30 at Doncaster. 🤣

• Badger56 13th May 2022 at 7:20 pm

Given that the expression “Davey Jones’ Locker” had to be explained to one of them by the judge whilst on the witness stand there’s absolutely no hope for either except (hopefully) years of ridicule.

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 7:17 am

@ siandeve15

Coleen is not the one suing. She tried to settle out of court.

• Bigmama 12th May 2022 at 9:39 pm

They have more money than sense, there are families having to make the choice between heating and eating and they are bickering over who leaked information!!! What a crazy world we live in.

• Pops McCarthy 13th May 2022 at 12:31 am

Who?

• Purple boots 13th May 2022 at 10:23 am

They should bother fined for wasting money the courts time then sent somewhere together and taught how to behave like adults

• keith2 13th May 2022 at 2:22 pm

not interested load of rubbish to silly women with money

• Verona 13th May 2022 at 7:35 pm

I smell a Netflix documentary….

• TOD1967 13th May 2022 at 10:35 pm

Everything that proves what’s wrong with modern society! Without their vastly overpaid husbands they’d have to get a meaningful job rather than being the vacuous airhead bints looking to seek publicity for being vaguely ‘famous’. Annoyingly the yoof of today crave to do this as it shows that if you’re considered attractive (?) and latch onto an average sportsmen you don’t need to get an education or make any effort in life to be useful!!😡😡

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 7:12 am

Just to clarify – for those who have misunderstood.

CR has to be there to defend herself. She is being sued by RV.

• Shirlann 14th May 2022 at 8:41 am

Really don’t know why this is top news 🤔in some papers 🙄it’s just embarrassing no one is looking good 😏like the other couple’s waste of money 🤨there are still people staving and unable to get fresh water ffs!!!

• Terry75 14th May 2022 at 8:54 am

I’d rather watch paint dry. 😂

• Forestbather 15th May 2022 at 12:14 am

Innit tho.

Add