Home Forums General Is anyone else really not feeling festive?

Jeanjeanie Posted 2 years ago
Is anyone else really not feeling festive?
6 likes & 17 replies
    • Shirlann 24th December 2020 at 2:55 pm

Me🙄just not getting that festive feeling this year ☹️

• Deleted User 24th December 2020 at 3:42 pm

I’m a bit sad, a bit fed up and not in the least bit festive. All my plans out of the window with enough food now to feed hubby and I for a month or two. If only we’d known of the changes before a supermarket big shop! Definately Bah Humbug!

• Filmmaker 24th December 2020 at 4:22 pm

Not feeling the festive spirit this year due to circumstances that we are all in, plus had a few bereavements this year, with family members stuck in hospital. , in order not to go stir crazy we are adapting, instead of lighting candles in church in remembrance of loved ones we are lighting them in our garden tonight. We are having a virtual Christmas tomorrow with friends round the world who are all in the same boat, so will be zoom chatting throughout the day. We will miss everyone in person but hey ho what can you do, at least my holiday wasn’t cancelled at the hospital where I work, they have been threatening to do this for the last week.

• Jeanjeanie 24th December 2020 at 4:29 pm

Its a great way to look at it, sorry for your losses, its a lovely gesture to light a candle for lived ones, I do like to light a candle whenever I go a visit to a lovely cathedral, but especially this time of year. Stay safe .

• vaughanpauline 24th December 2020 at 4:34 pm

Most of the UK I think. I went into town earlier. Normally it would be awash with merry shoppers wearing Christmas jumper and hats the best dressed ‘person’ was a little dog carrying a Father Christmas on his back.

I sat outside in the market square and watched, many long faces and no hustle and bustle at all.

There wasn’t even a festive busker!!

It’s all so disappointing

I’m fortunate in that my son and wife are coming tomorrow , it means I have to make some effort.

Just made myself put the cards I’ve received up on the wall, ironed my Christmas jumper and dressed the table for tomorrow but can’t honestly say my heart is in it.

• Jeanjeanie 24th December 2020 at 4:39 pm

Aww, bless, I know there just no Christmas spirit anywhere i even miss our local rotary club santa doing his rounds! Its nice you got family coming round, enjoy family festivities, stay safe.

• Smartie 24th December 2020 at 5:00 pm

I’m never all that festive but I was sad for everybody who had plans then had to change them at short notice.

• Toni 1 24th December 2020 at 11:20 pm

I’m the same. December is not a good time of the year for myself. 23rd December our wedding anniversary after 50yrs. 8th December 2017 my soulmate passed away, 8th November 2018 my mother passed away at 105 year’s young. How can I say a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.?? But I don’t wish ill towards anyone and I get enjoyment from seeing our grandchildren smiling. Everyone make the best of the end of another year. You never know what is round the corner. Take care of yourself and your families and stay. Toni

• Filmmaker 24th December 2020 at 6:37 pm

My housemate told me that everyone that is celebrating Christmas alone is going onto there front pouch at 18.00pm and ringing a bell, she even asked me if I had a bell she could go ring? I didnt quite know what to say, her step mum is in Devon alone, as her friend cant come over as he is isolating, we sent her a hamper and will be having zoom calls with her throughout the day

• Will998 24th December 2020 at 6:59 pm

Oh!

That probably explains why our local church bell was chiming at 6pm.
        I did wonder
        It doesn’t feel like Christmas eve.
        It’s just flat!! 🙄

• Tiredtortoise 24th December 2020 at 7:32 pm

Got more into the Christmas 🎄 spirit watching The Snowman and then Father Christmas with my son who is now 21 – family tradition

• pollardc60 24th December 2020 at 9:19 pm

Not feeling festive either. Best to be with the kids who still believe in Santa

• loislane 24th December 2020 at 9:50 pm

Not at all, I always find it ridiculous the amount of work, I find it all a chore now my kids are adults

• Will998 24th December 2020 at 11:03 pm

I think I’m feeling a bit festive
      But tonight I’ve been trying to fix loose tiles in my shower cubicle as I have promised my youngsters it’ll be fixed for them arriving tomorrow!!! 😱

• Toni 1 24th December 2020 at 11:04 pm

Why, is it Christmas already?Well, may I wish all readers, good health, happiness throughout the rest of the year.. And may you all have a much better year in 2021.
      God bless you all.

Add