Home Forums Local Groups Wales Swansea Introduce yourself in the Swansea Group

Rest Less Sara Posted 2 years ago
Introduce yourself in the Swansea Group

Let other members know you’re here! What’s your name, where do you live, and what are you interested in?

This is a hub to meet new people in your local area – where you can make local recommendations, arrange events, suggest things to do, discuss places to visit, or anything you like that’s local! It’s your group, so please do feel free to start a discussion today.

We’d also love to get your feedback about what you’d like from your local Rest Less group. We launched this recently and we plan to do lots to improve it – so please do have your say and help us to build this into something special!

3 likes & 19 replies
    • barefoot steve 7th August 2020 at 8:35 pm

Hi I’m Steve,

like everyone I guess, I’m getting fed up with the virus restrictions and spend more time on the internet than usual!
      I enjoy writing light hearted and humorous poems and would like to share with others, maybe online initially and then perhaps for meet ups when safe to do so.

• JayneMC 13th August 2020 at 11:53 am

Hi Steve

Poetry writing, sounds lovely, as a child I had so many poems and rhymes within my mind that I would often leap out of bed and write them down.

Sadly life  takes over and my mind became full of other things.

Maybe there’s a poet in there somewhere.

Jayne

• barefoot steve 13th August 2020 at 12:49 pm

Hi Jayne

well it would be nice to coax the inner poet out!

i only do fun poems – nothing heavy but maybe bring a few smiles in these troubled times.

Steve x

• annp12 25th January 2022 at 7:33 am

I would like a pen pal

• JayneMC 13th August 2020 at 11:43 am

Hi

I’m Jayne 🙂 I live in the Neath area, I’m 60 years and work part time.

Just found this group and looks really interesting. I am lucky to have a great family who live close by. Looking to meet people who are a similar age who may enjoy social meetings etc (when possible) and similar interests.

Jayne x

• JayneMC 13th August 2020 at 2:08 pm

I will try and find her!! A smile goes a long way and creates a wave. 😁

• barefoot steve 14th August 2020 at 7:41 pm

Hiya Jayne

Good to see you again,

Hope all is well up in Neath.

If you’ve got the time

maybe send me a rhyme
        make me smile and show you my teeth!

(ok a bit forced but not much rhymes with Neath haha)

Steve from Llanelli x

• louise.nicholas500 27th April 2021 at 10:22 am

Hi, not sure if i have already fone this. My name is Louise and i am from Morriton. I was ill health retired last year, from the Council.fue to my Multiple Sclerosis. I am dtill active snd volunter for MSCymru. I like walking. Reading, theater anf music. I am married with 2 children who are almost lol grown up.

• Annie Smythe 9th May 2021 at 1:06 pm

Hi I’m Val. I don’t live in Swansea but spend weekends on the Gower. I lost my mum 15 months ago and am finding life hard without her. But I have a lovely family including 4 grandchildren that have been my rock. I crave only to help others. This is an extremely strong impulse not a wish washy thought. I love drawing and walking on the beach. Now I’m retired I do that a lot. Soon I hope to go to lots of galleries and museums.

• Darcy1978. 13th May 2021 at 9:06 pm

Hello!!, I am looking forward to chatting with you, maybe form some new friendships ..I have been a widow now for 5 years so the bereavement journey has been a challenge but I have a real test for this precious life..Love walking along our south coast love my garden and love my family..I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this lockdown..And I’m retiring,,yeah🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤣

• Deleted User 13th May 2021 at 9:17 pm

Hi, I’m Deb, living in Llanelli and looking forward to chatting with you Jacks !!! Hoping to meet up for walks. coffee, anything to combat the isolation !!!

• Annabee 31st May 2021 at 9:05 am

Hello, hope you are coping better now. I am Beth, live near Swansea, love walks, cinema, outings etc, also need to make friendships to combat loneliness.

• Annabee 31st May 2021 at 9:07 am

Hello,
      Am Beth. Recently moved home, that has kept me occupied but now need to make new friendships as I love walking, travel.. (!), gardening, cinema etc,. Would be great to arrange some meet ups for coffee, walks. Are there meet up groups on here? Thanks

• Annabee1 31st May 2021 at 10:38 am

Hello, I live near Swansea. Hope everyone is having a nice Bank Holiday weekend. Any meet up groups going for a coffee, chat or walk or could we arrange something?

• Annie Smythe 13th June 2021 at 11:48 am

Hi I’m Annie, retired art teacher spending most weekends in Oxwich, but feeling in need of company since my mum died last year. Just missing chatting. I love to walk on the beach, draw, read and swim.

• annp12 6th January 2022 at 8:28 pm

im Ann and I live in port Talbot I’m interested in local groups I have relitives in Swansea so groups in that area also friendship or holiday groups would be nice

• annp12 25th January 2022 at 7:31 am

In looking for friendship maybe through volunteer work or just to meet for a cuppa some were ..either sex as I’m not looking for relationships just freindship.I’m from port Talbot.

Add