Home Forums Local Groups England Manchester Introduce yourself in the Manchester Group

mark-e-mark Posted 1 year ago
Introduce yourself in the Manchester Group

Let other members know you’re here! What’s your name, where do you live, and what are you interested in?

This is a hub to meet new people in your local area – where you can make local recommendations, arrange events, suggest things to do, discuss places to visit, or anything you like that’s local! It’s your group, so please do feel free to start a discussion today.

We’d also love to get your feedback about what you’d like from your local Rest Less group. We launched this recently and we plan to do lots to improve it – so please do have your say below and help us to build this into something special!

10 likes & 67 replies
    • Ange M 24th April 2021 at 4:58 pm

Hello Manchester, sun is glorious in Bolton. Question is it too early for a cheeky drink while sat in garden ….????

• Hippi chick 26th April 2021 at 10:12 pm

Hi I’m Mandy I live in Urmston recently single well a year of bloody lock down looking for coffee buddies chats short walks that end in the pub snd laughter not had much of that lately I’m 54 going on 39 and love life just want to meet nice people friends x

• Peggy lee 27th April 2021 at 12:37 pm

Hi Ian Amanda from north Manchester iam 57year old and iam a single lady my hobbies are reading megs going to the theatres and meals out playing bingo shopping it would nice chat to people from my area

• Hippi chick 27th April 2021 at 1:26 pm

Hi nice to meet you I love the theatre too

• Northendean 30th April 2021 at 4:05 pm

Hi there, new to the group, looking to meet new friends in the south Manchester (Didsbury) area specifically for daytime walks, talks coffee, cycle, obviously not all in the same day! Would be good to hear from you.

• Catwoman 14th May 2021 at 4:38 pm

Hi I can’t remember if I already did this. I’m in North Manchester love animals, rock music art and many other things. Always around for a chat 😉

• Silverannie 20th May 2021 at 6:45 pm

Hi, I live in DIdsbury, South Manchester I am a retired education/Careers adviser,
      I have grown up daughters and seven grandchildren.
      I am vegan and do voluntary animal activism, I enjoy yoga, knitting and reading.
      I also enjoy walking…and a glass of wine or two 😊

• Deleted User 20th May 2021 at 9:41 pm

Hiya, I’m gill and live in oldham. I like meeting friends walking the dog and seeing my family x

• ElaineO 24th May 2021 at 8:52 am

Hi Everyone .Introducing myself to the group.I am Elaine living in Chorlton Waterpark side part,Manchester.I like creative writing poetry, podcasting, people need to stop the p theme going here.!! I am Jamaican/Nigerian heritage with Mancunian thread imbedded !.Age is a number of which I am a plus I believe!!

• Sonny1234 24th May 2021 at 9:27 am

Hello , I actually live in Huddersfield ,West Yorkshire but I like to spend time in Manchester , I used to regularly spend Saturdays in the city centre before lockdown as I enjoy the pubs ,the friendliness of the people & the atmosphere so I would like to join the Manchester group as well as West Yorkshire if nobody has any objections !!

• Siobhan13 2nd June 2021 at 4:46 pm

Hello I’m Siobhan and I live in Prestwich. Love being outdoors, walking, countryside, but mainly the sea (I know! not exactly living in the right location for that). Love travelling (when we’re allowed) especially the Scottish islands. Like sports (watching not playing) football, cricket, tennis. Like a book, film (on a big screen), good box set, chatting, food & drink and generally having fun. Currently working from home for HOME, Manchester’s centre for arts, theatre and film. Yep kind of think that’s me in a nutshell.

• Ange M 17th June 2021 at 9:48 pm

Confused . Com ..at times the site says I have not joined a local group. Yet I have posted on the Lancashire n Manchester ones . …?..??

• Arthur Chappell 18th June 2021 at 6:40 pm

Though now residing in Preston I was born in Manchester and only left there in 2016 – Still love it

• Patricia53 20th June 2021 at 4:39 pm

Hiya, I’m Pat in Prestwich. I love going to the cinema going for walks either countryside or seaside and would really love to go to some pub gardens when it’s sunny 🌞

• Gwenen 20th June 2021 at 10:28 pm

Hi all, I’m Wendy from Urmston. I enjoy walking, baking, meeting up with friends and being with family. A Geordie girl but Mancunian for over thirty years so this is home! x

• Mayumi_S. 22nd June 2021 at 9:08 am

Would like to find out interesting hobby that I could participate in.

• Krissy1956 27th June 2021 at 5:59 pm

Hi, I’m Kriss,new to the group, looking forward to retirement (next year) hopefully I can make some new friends 🙂

• Shushan 28th June 2021 at 8:37 am

Hi everyone, I’m Sue from Bury. I like day’s out, going to events, meeting for coffee or drinks, sometimes with lunch/dinner thrown in. Like mini breaks and holidays.
      I have 3 children and 2 granddaughters.

• Tinabee 28th June 2021 at 5:49 pm

Hi, I’m Tina. I live in Oldham. I am newly retired. I have an allotment and enjoy cooking and eating all types of cuisine, learning new things, visiting the cinema, theatre, museums, art galleries and other places of interest. I also have a dog and enjoy taking her for a walk. I am hoping to join a beginners walking group as I need to get fitter. I used to play badminton (badly and always as doubles) and I wonder if anyone else plays ( just for fun)

• Deleted User 28th June 2021 at 6:35 pm

Hello! My name’s Shelagh, I’m 57 and living near Oldham. I enjoy learning new things, getting out and about, galleries, exhibitions, theatre, cinema. I like walking, but could do with making more effort! I like being outdoors, especially by the sea.
      It’d be great to meet some like minded folk to share a coffee or a walk with.

• Haighw20 11th July 2021 at 1:33 pm

I’m in Todmorden but 25 mins by train into Manchester would love to go shopping and do lunch with like minded ladies I’m 67

• Deleted User 2nd August 2021 at 8:50 am

Hi guys. I’m Hayley. 55 years young. Live near Bolton. I drive so distance is not a problem. Anyone interested in getting out for the day walking, chatting, laughing and most definitely eating 😂 then let’s all make it happen. ♥️

• DavidAddy 2nd August 2021 at 11:54 am

Hey everyone I am Dave I live in Blackburn so not far from Manchester
      I work in Manchester quite often as I do upvc cleaning part-time

I love to write and go for long walks

• Veronique 8th August 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hi everyone, I moved to Didsbury, with my family, at the end of last year from South Africa. I really love the area, it is beautiful with a lot of green space to walk with my 2 dogs. Looking to make new friends as it has not been easy with the lockdown and working from home. Are there any get togethers happening? I am also looking for beginner dance classes or crafty groups to join. I enjoy walking, yoga, reading and all things animal.

• ChrisPhotographer 10th August 2021 at 5:03 am

Hi all, Chris here! I’m new to rest less, just finding my way around the site. Living in Leigh, so sort of Manchester & Lancashire. I’m into Photography, Gardening, Cooking ( Vegan ), Motorsport( Spectator, Photographer & ex Marshal, Countryside, Animals. Vegan Activist. Norse / Viking mythology, Paganism & history. Would love to hear from members local to me? 😉

• The Lobster 3rd September 2021 at 5:01 pm

Good day, ladies and gentlement. Known as “The Lobster” from North Manchester, I am new today to this website. Enjoy ambling short walks, love animals and sport [play and watch lots of different sports]. 54.

• Umi Safwan 1st December 2021 at 9:00 am

Hi , I reside in Bolton, Greater Manchester and would love any recomendations in around here.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 26th December 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi I’m Cris, from Cheadle looking to make new friends/connections. Like live music, days out, walking, coffee mornings, eating out, art, culture, dining out, travel. If anyone has any live music events to go to in Manchester/or Stockport area please let me know.

• Isabelle FR 7th January 2022 at 5:00 pm

Hi, I can’t remember if I introduced myself. I am Isabelle in Trafford. I haven’t been active on the site for months, work had taken over, but want to restart. I like travelling, music, sports, arts… I would love to share time with like minded people, walks, coffee.

• Mark Hattersley 20th January 2022 at 6:16 am

Hi i’m Mark
      I live in Middleton 59 years old, Very new to this group I am a avid reader love music Blues jazz and rock,I have a Facebook group for Blues music.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/202638706613305 Feel free to take a look and join if you like it-

Add