Home Forums Hobbies, Sports & Leisure Indoor Market stall

Deleted User Posted 11 months ago
Indoor Market stall

I have just been approached to see if I would be interested in having a market stall for my jewellery. Its a new small indoor market and is something I hadn’t considered.
Anyone else have experience with a market stall?
I would only do it on a casual basis but means I would have to make up stock to go on display. I’m not sure what to do 🤔

14 replies
    • Fluffy 17th June 2021 at 11:02 am

it’s an opportunity to get your stock seen , give it a go.
      ask if you can have it on a temp basis to begin with so you’re not committed to long term.

• Kriztina xxx 17th June 2021 at 11:04 am

Hi .. have occasionally tried it .
      I always enjoy the buzz of it and it can be fun .
      Depends where and what .
      But I definately would say have a go .. enjoy 😊

• Deleted User 17th June 2021 at 11:50 am

Thank you. I think jewellery can look better when in front of you, as opposed to a photo. My only concern is it is a small indoor market but I guess there’s no harm in trying for a couple of months. Thank-you fir your reply 🙂

• Deleted User 17th June 2021 at 12:08 pm

Going to see if I could have these with the jewellery. Can’t see why not as they are jewellery related 🙂

• Kriztina xxx 17th June 2021 at 12:41 pm

Lovely 😊👌🏼

• Lizzib 17th June 2021 at 3:53 pm

Will need to be vigilant to stop pilfering.

• Kathscot 17th June 2021 at 4:58 pm

I love indoor markets and the variety of goods on sale but not many around now

• Deleted User 17th June 2021 at 5:03 pm

I know. Sad isn’t it ? This is brand new with a few permanent stalls and 9 casual. Has eateries and a seating area to eat so may get a good foot fall. Need to go see whereabouts it is and if handy to get to for shoppers.

• Deleted User 17th June 2021 at 5:03 pm

Hi Mother Goose
      It’s something I did many, many moons back. In London Carnaby Street in the years of Punk Rock.
      (Yep, I’m that old) 😂🤣. Make sure there is a legal contract for your stall before you sign anything make sure you Read through this document.
      How much you have to pay for your stall.
      Upfront payments. Lock ups and keys.
      What other people are selling and making sure that there’s not too many people selling jewellery.
      What’s in the local area.
      The responsibility of theth and damage to your stall, your products who is liable for this.
      Are you insured. Will you need a license for your stall.

Just some of the things you might need to know. Good Luck in selling your Beautiful jewellery
      ✅👍🏼

• Deleted User 17th June 2021 at 6:20 pm

Hi and thank-you for that. It’s through a council so should all be transparent and above board. No lock ups as only as only casual so will take stock home the same day. The council have said they won’t put 2 businesses selling the same items together on any day so that’s good.
        Thank you for all the information and support. It is much appreciated 😁

Add