Home Forums Loneliness Indescribable loneliness

• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Eli.
Shexxx Posted 4 months ago
Indescribable loneliness

I lost my husband 12 weeks ago and although I am slowly coming to terms with it, I have now list my canine companion and it’s set me right back. The loneliness is indescribable and so painful

5 likes & 23 replies
    • Dave the poet 1970 3rd October 2021 at 12:27 pm

Oh bless ya I’m so sorry for your loss
      Sending hugs to you

• Dennis 3rd October 2021 at 12:57 pm

Shexxx, I feel so sorry for you.
      This is really early days just try to look after yourself as best you can, there is a bereavement site called Way up they have a good community who all help each other, might be worth having a look

• VFP 3rd October 2021 at 1:00 pm

Shexxx I’m so sorry to hear of your situation, and for your double loss! I know how tough it is to lose your husband as I lost mine in July 2020. My dog was a huge support to me, and still is, so I do feel bad for you. It’s good that you found this site, which I joined last November, to help me overcome loneliness, particularly during lockdown. People are friendly and supportive and you can join in any conversation at any time, even in the middle of the night. So take good care of yourself and continue to take part in this forum – it will help, I can vouch for that. Best wishes Viv

• Shexxx 3rd October 2021 at 1:09 pm

Thank you for your kind words

• Julia Umm Humaid 3rd October 2021 at 2:34 pm

So sorry for your losses Shexx. Sending you a virtual hug. I am here if you want to chat at any time, just private message me.

• lindsay 5th October 2021 at 11:13 am

So sorry. What a shit time yiu are going through! ‘Indescribable’ – that is so true and so hard. Do take care of yourself. It does pass but right now yiu will find that hard to believe.

• vaughanpauline 5th October 2021 at 1:07 pm

So sorry to hear about your losses.
      Im guessing you are all over the place at the moment. As someone else sai it will take time. Its not a straight path neither, you will have good days and bad days.
      Dont hesitate to message if you need someone to talk to.

Thake care and be easy on yourself

Pauline xx

• bravebeth 21st October 2021 at 10:58 pm

I am so sorry. It must be so hard for you.
      I found it helpful to journal first thing every morning. Julia Cameron suggests 3 pages of A4 paper. You can be as creative as you like writing drawing collage just let yourself write. I found it very.helpful when my dad and brother died. I found it helpful when I read some of the writings back.

When my dalmatian, Rodney, a rescue dog, died at the age of 13. I was distraught. I spent many hours sorting through photos and created a new album of Rodney. He was such a special dog and knew when I was sad.

Now, I go for walks on the common and delight in the joys of dogs who ignore Covid 19 and just want to be friends and have attention.

Do take good care of yourself. It is OK to cry and grieve.

• WEST MIDLANDER 21st October 2021 at 11:25 pm

Sorry to read your situation. Bad enough losing your husband, but losing your dog companion as well…very tough for you. I am sure your dog was very affectionate and supportive in a way that doesn’t require conversation and platitudes. Anyway you have made a positive move towards opening a new chapter in your life by joining restless. Make the rest of your life have a happy journey, you are the driver so make sure you take the right directions. Avoid negative people and surround yourself with positive individuals if possible, they will make things much easier for you.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 21st October 2021 at 11:26 pm

I’m really sorry for both you’re losses they say times a great healer it doesn’t help now I know
      You take care

• Linpap 21st October 2021 at 11:58 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your losses, it is still very early days to try to come to terms with losing your husband and having to cope with the loss of your dog on top of this must feel unbearable try to be gentle with yourself I lost my husband just over a year ago and my dog about 5 years ago, still miss them both but it does get easier to find a way forward without them and make a new sort of life take care

• AEB 22nd October 2021 at 10:27 am

I am so sorry for your double loss – you are still in the very early days , and you feel like you are drowning under a great wave of grief and sadness, but slowly it feels like a gentle ripple and you will be able to smile again. Stay strong and keep swimming forward

Ann

• Whitemusk1951 30th November 2021 at 3:11 pm

I can recognise how you feel, I become divorced after 18 years, I got over that and felt really good, but then I lost 2 brothers and 2 sisters niece nephew and brother in law. I thought it would never end, but decided that I would have to double my efforts to make the most of life, and it has worked to some degree, I still miss my dear sister that I used to spend a lot of time with down by the coast. Getting used to loss in life is so very difficult, I hope you find life enjoyable at some point.
      Yvonne

• Whitemusk1951 30th November 2021 at 3:13 pm

I lost my 2 lovely cats as well they were my lifeline as well
      Yvonne

• MikeyG 30th November 2021 at 3:19 pm

I’m so sorry for your losses Shexxx, Loneliness is a terrible thing to experience, I live completely alone and it really is unbearable sometimes which is why I joined this group….thats nothing compared to what you have been through and I doubt I could find the words to help you feel any better, all I can say is it honestly will get better eventually, there are lots of people on here that will talk when you need to or feel the need to including me, always here ( sometimes till the early hours)….dont sit and get yourself down its not healthy, just reach out to someone even if its just a brief chat about anything or a rant, you will feel a bit better.

• Shexxx 30th November 2021 at 5:13 pm

Thank you so much x

• Fool on the hill 30th November 2021 at 10:41 pm

Thoughts with you Shexxx, my elderly dog has been one of the things that’s kept me going in the recent months since my wife died. Hope you begin to feel better in the coming months, although everyone’s grieving process is different. Lots of good advice above, do what you can to keep from feeling isolated, virtual conversations may not be perfect but they beat no conversations. Best wishes.

• Daisychain 1st December 2021 at 7:53 am

How devastating. It leaves such a great chasm but gradually that will recede. I found chatting to the Samaritans at times has been so helpful. Just to hear a friendly voice at the other end of a phone; someone who just listens and gives a virtual hug helped me through the most difficult times.

Sending you love 💐

• BernSawle 8th December 2021 at 11:29 am

sorry for your loss .so 3 things get yourself 1 a rescue dog .#
      2 search out your local women shed .Its like the mens shed where we sit and drink tea ,chat and put the world to rights
      3 go and buy yourself some new clothes of your own choosing .

let me know how your getting along Best wishes Bern

• Mimi.jj 8th December 2021 at 11:33 am

So sorry for your loss, it must be so hard for you. Sending you a hug 🤗 x

• Annette13 26th December 2021 at 2:10 pm

So sorry for your loss.One day at a time was good advice I was given.Try and think of good memories or rest yourself with a little escapism in a book or programme.I lost a very dear friend and my lovely dog in November.I know it’s not the same as your situation but my thoughts are with you.This community sounds very warm and where we can all talk to each other and make good friends.

• Eli 27th December 2021 at 9:52 pm

I am very sorry for your loss,
      If you need support do not be afraid to call a friend or a family member and talk to them
      I find walking in country parks and praying to God gives me comfort when I feel lonely

Add