Home Forums General Incredible woman 😢

Always Posted 2 months ago
Incredible woman 😢
12 likes & 18 replies
    • Mad Ralph 28th June 2022 at 11:09 pm

My wife told me about her plight earlier today. 🙁
      Rest in peace beautiful lady. 😢

• Mad Ralph 28th June 2022 at 11:19 pm

The story reminded me of Jade Goody. Something so positive coming from something so tragic. 😢
      Both inspirational women who will be remembered for all the right reasons. True hero’s who refused to suffer in silence and saved so many lives by spreading the word.
      Gone but never forgotten. 🫡

• Always 28th June 2022 at 11:25 pm

I agree Ralph so so strong of them to continue to fight to be spread the message so that others don’t suffer, it’s truly remarkable and selfless

• Linpap 28th June 2022 at 11:42 pm

She is a true inspiration to us all

• Staying Alive 28th June 2022 at 11:48 pm

Soo sad she was a fabulous person 😢

• TOD1967 28th June 2022 at 11:51 pm

Brave lady to the end.. RIP!!

• Mick20 29th June 2022 at 12:47 am

Absolutely astonishing trio of women brilliant Podcast, listening to it when my wife had the big C gave us both so many positives during the bad times, Such a sad time for Deborah’s family.

Rest in Peace Deborah XX

• Badger56 29th June 2022 at 12:48 am

Must admit l’ve not heard her podcast only about her but certainly inspirational. 🙏

• Terry75 29th June 2022 at 4:17 am

Rest in Peace beautiful your legacy will live on.

For the “youngsters” on here when you hit 60 you will receive a bowel cancer screening kit and then every two years after that. Make sure you send it away. A pal of mine received his first one in January. Came back positive, he had a 8cm tumour removed from his bowel and is now having chemo. Fortunately its looking good.

• adeliza0165 29th June 2022 at 6:53 am

So sad 😔
      Such an amazing lady and a positive inspiration, for which she will always be remembered for.

• backofbeyond 29th June 2022 at 6:54 am

So sad. I was quite shocked to hear the news of her death last night. Even a few weeks ago she looked so lively.

I totally agree about completing the bowel screening test even though it’s a bit messy and it’s easy to keep putting it off. I’ve done a few now and so far all clear. Not so with a friend who had some pre cancerous polyps removed after a screening test came up positive. Probably saved his life.

• Blauro 29th June 2022 at 1:38 pm

What an incredibly brave and inspirational woman, who devoted what was left of her short life to help others.
      Rest in peace Dame Deborah James you will always be remembered.

• Shell69 29th June 2022 at 2:40 pm

So sad. She remained so positive and she was so strong.

• HH 2021 29th June 2022 at 3:10 pm

So so sad, what an amazing lady, RIP xxx

• SunnyDays 29th June 2022 at 3:59 pm

Thank you for posting this Always. Having fought the fight with cancer myself very recently, I am in total awe of this inspirational woman whose legacy has raised awareness and will already be helping save the lives of others, and will continue to do so. Please folks, check your bits and bobs regularly, and in the words of this amazing woman … ‘check your poo’ (never in a million years thought I’d be saying THAT on Restless).
      Big hug to everyone who is needing one today xxx

• Always 29th June 2022 at 4:05 pm

I feel she was the voice for many xx well done to you for your bravery too and for encouraging others to be aware of their own health 🥰

• VFP 29th June 2022 at 4:22 pm

Such a brave and inspirational woman, may she rest in peace.

I’ve known four people who had bowel cancer. The two women had themselves checked, got treatment and survived. The two men ignored their symptoms until it was too late (both admitted this to me). Please don’t be embarrassed about any symptoms of anything, life is too precious.

Thanks for posting, Always x

• Sue Devon 29th June 2022 at 10:04 pm

I hope Deborah James has inspired others to follow in her footsteps.

As already said, anything different or new to you is worth a discussion with your GP. Sooner is always better than later. We all know we should – let’s do it.

We all need people like Deborah James, they manage bring humanity to the disease.

Well done and thank you to Deborah. 👏

Add