Home Forums Loneliness I’m recently single and feeling quite lonely now...

Tereron Posted 3 months ago
I’m recently single and feeling quite lonely now that I realise I actually have no friends of my own

I’m looking for groups to join, happy honest friends and to start living life again

10 likes & 36 replies
    • 1Christy 29th October 2021 at 11:12 pm

Hello Tereron welcome

• Tereron 29th October 2021 at 11:14 pm

Thankyou

• Robert K 29th October 2021 at 11:14 pm

Why not dive into some of the conversations on here. It is lighthearted and diverting.

• Brummie Boy 30th October 2021 at 12:02 am

Hi Tereron, and welcome to the group👋

• MikeyG 30th October 2021 at 12:30 am

I understand exactly what you mean, when i became single i realised i basically had one friend and he lives a fair way away with his wife……its horrible being all alone

• Chojo 30th October 2021 at 6:46 am

Welcome to the madness I’m sure you’ll soon make friends on here!

• beetlejuice 30th October 2021 at 9:06 am

Hello

• Tereron 30th October 2021 at 10:27 am

Thanks everyone. Have a happy Saturday

• Paul095 30th October 2021 at 10:36 am

Welcome

• Blauro 30th October 2021 at 4:48 pm

Hi Tereron,
      Welcome to the group.
      I’m sure you’ll enjoy this site.
      There are some good local groups in your area 😊

• Tereron 30th October 2021 at 5:35 pm

Do you recommend any groups?

• vaughanpauline 30th October 2021 at 8:19 pm

I suggest that you join Silver Ladies and Silver Friends. Both atr are private groups on social media.

Lots goin on including a very popular, Zoom fun pop quiz tomorrow night and a regular Zoom coffee morning each Tuesday.

We also have regular real life meet ups and around the country and we are just in the process of organising our first trip to Gran Canaria in the new year.

Join us, join in and you will never be lonely again

I send you links via a direct message

Pauline

• Tereron 30th October 2021 at 8:25 pm

Thank you so much

• Grace Fu 31st October 2021 at 8:17 am

Where about are you Tereron?

• Tereron 31st October 2021 at 8:28 am

Stevenage, hertfordshire

• Gloria G 31st October 2021 at 12:18 pm

Hi know exactly what you mean have just moved to new area haven’t made any friends and feel so lonely and depressed. I’m used to a lively social life and this period of my life is proving awful.
      Cant keep lumbering family with all my woes so really trying to bring myself up- you must try to do same and remember your not the only one – take care

• Tereron 31st October 2021 at 12:26 pm

Where are you from Gloria?

• Malley 31st October 2021 at 12:59 pm

Hi Tereron, I’ve been there and know what it’s like. Get to know people on here. Maybe you could meet up with someone who lives in your area for coffee. xxx

• Dan70 4th November 2021 at 12:22 pm

Hi I’m danny I would like to be your friend I’m from london I’m a chef

• Linpap 4th November 2021 at 6:01 pm

Hi Tereron I enjoy chatting on here and you feel you are getting to know the people

• AMC349 5th November 2021 at 6:52 pm

Hi Tereron. Welcome to the group.
      I know how you feel. I’m going through separation at the moment and have found that all our friends are her friends so I don’t have any friends of my own. It’s a lonely feeling.
      Everyone is pretty friendly here so I hope you find what your looking for. Take Care.

• MJG1320 9th November 2021 at 6:29 pm

Hi Tereron, I take comfort from the number of replies you have to this, as I am the same and think there are 1000s of us out there.

• Dawn Lovejoy 5th December 2021 at 10:44 am

Hello Tereron, I know exactly how you feel. It’s tough, just going through this myself. Just looking on sites like meet up. Trying to start looking after myself for the first time and looking forward to the new year. But it is hard, I work from home so it does feel lonely at times.

• vaughanpauline 5th December 2021 at 5:12 pm

Just seen your post and suggest you join us at Silver Friends. We are a private group which means only group members can see whatever you post on the group page.

I will direct message you an invite.

We check all new members on Facebook so that at least there are some checks that people are genuine.

By coincidence we have a zoom meet up tonight Sunday 5th at 18.30. I will also message you a link to this.

Zoom has its limitations but we have been running this style of meet up since January this year and a lot of new friendships have been made and also real life meet ups. Its a but strange when you meet people for the first time that you have spoken to on zoom meetings, like meeting old friends!

Anyway I shall get on with sending yo these links and hope to see you, if not tonight as it is shirt notice, soon.

Pauline

PS we are a very friendly group with members from Cornwall to Scotland

• Ever hopeful 8th December 2021 at 8:50 am

Hi Pauline,
        I would like to know if there is a Silver Group in Galashiels or Falkirk where I’m hoping to move too?

• vaughanpauline 8th December 2021 at 8:57 am

Hi Ever Hopeful

We have members in Scotland mainly around Glasgow and Edingbugh where we have an active group. I travelled up to an afternoon tea that they arranged in Edinburgh last month and totally enjoyed it.

We may have some members in and around the areas you mentioned. The best way to find out is join us and post to introduce yourself.

Remember we are a private Facebook group so only other members will see anything you post.

I will direct message you an invite

Hope to see you soon

Pauline

• mr pete 5th December 2021 at 8:25 pm

Hi Tereron,something for you to look into ,try the u3a,university of the third age, just google u3a and see the many groups of people just like your good self,usualy lots of different activities for learning or sport or games indoor or out door, purely for pleasure you will find you have nothing to lose and a lot of new friends,so all you have to do is google it to find something that tickles your curiosity. good luck.

• Malley 6th December 2021 at 12:49 pm

You will probably have a U3A group somewhere nearby. It’s a great organisation. Volunteers run a variety of hobby classes, reading, art, history all kinds of things. The one near me has a group specially for single people who go out for the day together on visits or meals. There is a Sunday lunch group. The organiser books a lunch at a different local restaurant every month and any member can book to go.
      I recommend you have a look at your local group and if they haven’t already got these groups, you could start one up. Best wishes xxxx

• SteveInWales 6th December 2021 at 1:25 pm

Bora da & welcome 🤗

Add