Home Forums Local Groups England Hampshire I’m Jan and I moved to Liss last year. Just turn...

JanMc Posted 9 months ago
I’m Jan and I moved to Liss last year. Just turned 60 and work from home. I am not sure where to start on this site but liking what I see. I am feeling pretty isolated and interested in joining groups or coffee?
3 likes & 9 replies
    • ShaniE 9th September 2021 at 5:40 pm

Hi Jan, welcome to Restless.
      I live in Hampshire, near Hythe so quite a long way from you.
      Working from home can be very isolating, during covid lockdown, I’ve met some lovely ladies on Zoom meetings. Although spread all over the UK some of us have travelled and met up and a lady called Pauline has set up a FB page for ladies (Silver Ladies Chatter) & mixed group (Silver Friends).
      Ladies have a Zoom coffee morning each Tuesday at 10am & Silver Friends meet on Zoom on Sunday evenings. Feel free to join us on Zoom & we’ll arrange a Hampshire meet up if enough people are interested.
      Shani

• JanMc 9th September 2021 at 6:08 pm

Hello Shani,
        Thank you for your reply. I am not on FB but I will open an account as that is something that I am interested in. I would love to join the zoom meetings if that is ok. Would you mind sending through the links for me? I am also happy to travel for the meet-ups.
        Delighted to have made contact with you : )
        Jan

• ShaniE 16th September 2021 at 9:24 pm

Hello Jan,
          sorry not to have got back to you before now, life has been hectic 3 family birthdays in one week and I’m going on holiday first thing in the morning. The FB link would be the easiest way to obtain the zoom links but if you look in the Events topics on this site Pauline Vaughan usually posts the Sunday mixed meets & Tuesday mornings zoom coffee meets . I’vel let her know you are interested.
          I’ll catch up with you in a couple of weeks,
          Shani

• JanMc 16th September 2021 at 9:26 pm

Ah thank you Shani. I will do that. Appreciate you informing Pauline for me : )

• Chalkie 17th September 2021 at 11:01 am

Hi
      I have been retired for 7 years and still have not really udjusted and I miss my fellow office workers. Although I am still in touch with some, the list is dwindling for one reason or another. Restless is good and inspired be to go for walks more and that is cheering and calming too.
      I live in Hampshire too. There is a lot to do in Hampshire.
      I go out with various sketching groups and do some art work as a volunteer too.
      Take care
      Chalkie

• Marie727 21st November 2021 at 9:14 am

Hi
      My name is Marie and I live in Alton Hampshire. I work from home and have 3 grown up children. I know Liss quite well and my son is moving to Liphook soon. I’m just looking to meet new people for chats and coffee.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 4th April 2022 at 12:15 am

Hi Jan, I live in Liss too and just joined!
      I feel isolated too because of my disability.
      I’ve sent you a direct message.
      Hope it sent!

Add