Home Forums Local Groups England Suffolk I’m 55, I have just come out of a long relat...

ZIGGI Posted 1 year ago
I’m 55, I have just come out of a long relationship and have decided this is my time now, before I get too worn down, I’m on an adventure, I’m moving next week to a new home by the sea.. Its all a tad scarey but hey ill be 2 mins from the sea. Loving life
13 likes & 22 replies
    • Paulmoo 21st November 2020 at 12:14 am

Hi Ziggy I’m Paul, that sounds exciting! I work from home everyday, post some photos of your new location !

• debbie290 1st February 2021 at 8:24 am

Sorry had forgotten I’d joined this group, its lovely here have settled im a bit now, its kinda weird being in lockdown as I dont know anyone really, so new friends very welcome !,

• Summersun65 21st November 2020 at 10:07 am

Hi Ziggy I’m on my own now. Its a great adventure. I live 10mins from the sea. Your own house own space do what you like when you like. The whole bed to yourself. I even discovered that I eat different foods now. You will be fine women are strong and brave .

• debbie290 1st February 2021 at 8:28 am

Hiya, sorry it’s taken me so long.. Its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride up until now.. The house is pretty much sorted and im learning new skills every day.. Its a tad lonely . I’ll admit the lockdown hasnt been easy. But then i know we are all in this together.. The sea at the bottom of the road has been invaluable.. Looking forward to the coming months.. Thank you for reaching out x

• Summersun65 14th February 2021 at 10:16 am

Hi Ziggy great you are settling in everything starts falling in to place. Getting to know your area and hopefully a few neighbours.
          The lockdown has been tough. I tested positive for covid two weeks ago. I have been very lucky I haven’t been as ill as so many people. Bit of a slow process getting back to normal well there are some would say I’ve never been normal. 😄
          Looking at all the snow here in Norfolk you wouldn’t think it but spring is just round the corner I can’t wait. Love getting out in the garden. Hope you are safe and well.

• Mikegeo 30th December 2020 at 10:43 am

You will be fine Ziggy been on my own now Ipswich area 3 months you can do what you like when you like it’s a whole new experience there are some lonely moments but they are getting less and less you just natural start doing things My cooking is now improving gradually and yes it’s interesting what I now eat It’s lovely having your own place gives you real pride I play guitar and show others on my phone how to play cycle walk drive to a nice spot to exercise and it is improving all the time even through these times Good luck with your move hope it is still Suffolk
      Suffolk has everything Felixstowe beach is lovely and walk the prom lovely walks through woods all around Woodbridge is nice a lot of beauty all around all the best
      Mike

• debbie290 1st February 2021 at 8:32 am

Hey,
        You sound as if you have lots to keep you busy.. Now ive settled in I like you need to find something to stretch myself with..
        Ive got lots of hobbies. But its been tough finding motivation.. I think i need a good routine.. Looking forward to actually going further than Felixstowe such fab places to visit!! X

• Blauro 30th December 2020 at 12:34 pm

Good for you Ziggy! I really hope the move goes well. A whole new life starts here.
      Good luck.
      Happy New Year
      Alex

• Dc forever 30th December 2020 at 5:08 pm

A new start, Be lucky ,be happy x

• NeilP 30th December 2020 at 6:12 pm

Cant beat living by the Sea, its good for the soul. Wish you well on your journey.

• Barnspot 31st December 2020 at 4:56 pm

Hi Ziggi, wishing you the best of luck and happy adventures ahead in your new location by the sea. It will only seem a tad scarey for a week or two then you will wonder what on earth you were worried about.

• debbie290 1st February 2021 at 8:35 am

Hiys, its still a tad scsrey, I won’t lie.
        But its getting easier as I find my way around.. Hipe all is good with you x

• Andy Paddles 31st December 2020 at 5:49 pm

Carpe Diem Ziggi!

• Omgiamsoboredrightnow 31st December 2020 at 7:31 pm

How exciting…have fun x

• Amanda 60 3rd January 2021 at 1:14 am

Good luck in your new home Ziggi. I live 10 mins from the sea in Dorset. What coast will you be on?

• Mikegeo 1st February 2021 at 11:00 am

Glad you are more or less settled in yes it’s whole new life and I am still getting used to it not been 6 months yet the lock down hadn’t helped with making friends very difficult that’s the only problem as am starting from scratch here have a few people I can talk to on the phone and writing like this helps yes many people are in the same position as ourselves just have to make the most of it keep the mind active and get good exercise I am missing my squash so much but try to do other things all the best with everything
      Ziggy
      Mike x

• Grenouille 16th February 2021 at 2:27 pm

Same here. In Suffolk too. New home. New life. Alone but not lonely! My advice is take your time, take good care of yourself, be patient, be grateful. Settling into a routine certainly helps but being able to be spontaneous, not needing to check with anyone else is so liberating!

Add