Home Forums General If someone constantly keeps telling you they IR...

annp12 Posted 3 months ago
If someone constantly keeps telling you they I’ve you.would it be genuine or is he trying to convince his self he is.
23 replies
    • Paul095 5th May 2022 at 1:11 pm

Or herself

• Kenton 5th May 2022 at 2:04 pm

They I’ve you?

• annp12 5th May 2022 at 3:18 pm

Thank you all and yes it should read love. Not so simple he’s been carrying on and I found out.
        .and he as said he loves her .now what do I believe

• min 6th May 2022 at 7:45 pm

People say they love you for all manner of reasons – and not necessarily anything to do with love.

You could ask what he means when he says it.

Then think about all the points he makes. See if you feel they make sense-

e.g. if love means caring about someone, how does deceiving them in a big way fit in with caring?

• Shirlann 6th May 2022 at 11:55 pm

Love is just another word🤔

• Lonelysole 5th May 2022 at 3:23 pm

From my experience just gone they are total liars keeping options open. But each case is different they are not all cheating, lying scum apparently there are some goods one out there! Xx

• annp12 5th May 2022 at 4:50 pm

I really not sure. She lives next door. .to close for comfort…trouble is that now my trust is gone. He keeps telling me he loves me. But I don’t know if it’s true or is he trying to convince himself that it’s me he loves.

• RobertJ 5th May 2022 at 5:22 pm

Unfortunately Ann, it may be that Lonelysole has nailed the answer to this problem. Robert

• RobertJ 5th May 2022 at 6:22 pm

In my experience once the trust has gone there’s usually no way back. But keep smiling, Ann. And be brave x

• Lonelysole 5th May 2022 at 7:58 pm

Yep I second that once the trust is gone you can never trust them again and every time they went out alone you would question where they were and cannot live life like that as you need to be happy. Stops you moving on and finding your soulmate! Xx

• Kenton 5th May 2022 at 7:55 pm

The old adage ‘Once a cheater, always a cheater. 🧑‍🏫

• Mo22 5th May 2022 at 8:33 pm

So Has he been having an affair with your neighbour? If so, you can’t be expected to put up with it. So sorry for you but agree with twinkle You’d be better off without him. Good luck xx

• Kenton 5th May 2022 at 9:40 pm

So, where is he sleeping tonight? 🧑‍🏫

• Sue Devon 5th May 2022 at 10:48 pm

He sounds confused as to what love means maybe fondness?

Afternoon tea with neighbour and him might iron things out once and for all.

• Shirlann 6th May 2022 at 10:32 am

Actions speak louder than words😏

• Pennypitstop 6th May 2022 at 10:48 am

I think you meant say I love you…I do think this phrase is used too much nowadays and it dilutes the true meaning.

• Dorothea 6th May 2022 at 6:21 pm

If you have to ask whether someone is genuine or what you should believe, you’ve already answered your own question.

If you have to ask, then you clearly have doubts.

If you have doubts, it’s less about what he says and more about whether you trust him, and whether you are convinced, rather than him trying to convince himself.

He could be genuine, but even if he is, the point is that by asking, you’re clearly not convinced.

• Shirlann 6th May 2022 at 11:54 pm

Personally I only listen to the things he says when not trying too hard to say the things he thinks I want to hear🙄🙃

• Moondaisy 7th May 2022 at 4:56 am

Been in this situation….. ‘oh but it’s you I love’……. well why the bloody hell did he cheat then? Because he’s a man? Because he can? Who knows? The fact remains he still cheated….. I tried to forgive mine as that’s my nature, but it wouldn’t go away. Love making was the worse all I could think of was the ‘other’ woman! If he could of given me a good reason it may of helped, but his reason….. I don’t know why I did it… not good enough…. We’re better than that and that’s NOT love… Love yourself and you’ll see through him…. xxxhugxxx

• Cheers on toast 7th May 2022 at 6:43 pm

I tell my girlfriend I love her constantly because I love her constantly and want her to know.

Add