Home Forums Dating I’d like some friends ,

Let’s start again Posted 2 years ago
I’d like some friends ,

I’m making a massive change to my life currently. I’m filled with a mix of excitement and dread..  both at the same time. If your reading this please say hi.

14 likes & 45 replies
    • Cardy 9th November 2020 at 9:10 pm

Hi Viv how are you? Sunk that submarine yet?

• Let’s start again 10th November 2020 at 11:18 am

Having a wobbly day today. Just want to curl up n hide somewhere

• LeighS 10th November 2020 at 9:52 pm

Hi, hope you managed to get through your day without too many wobbles and tomorrow will be a better one for you 🙂

• Let’s start again 18th November 2020 at 11:19 am

Thanks, now in week 3 feeling more positive I’ve had a few wobbly days but on the whole more good days than bad. Onwards and upwards

• LeighS 18th November 2020 at 10:25 pm

Good to hear you are feeling more positive and there are more good days than bad 🙂 How is the sorting going?

• Let’s start again 19th November 2020 at 12:06 am

It’s going great… I have days where I can’t touch anything….its all too raw…. then other days where I’m positivly like a machine sorting stuff….. but I’m getting there… wherever there is lol xxx thanks for your comment tho…. nice to know I’m not on my own…. that’s the bit that quakes my boots.

• LeighS 19th November 2020 at 7:26 pm

I’ve been part of this site for a while but have only recently become more active. It really is a good place to be and you are not on your own. For me it is good because it provides me with adult company that isn’t my son. He lives at home and is going to one of the local universities but all of his studying is online and he has his own world. I work at home so this site is the place I come to for company 🙂

As for the sorting, spent far too much of my life doing that. Each move, and I am in the double digits when it comes to moving I have a huge sort out, everything fits into the boxes and then I unpack and wonder how on earth it all fitted and why did I bother saving this and that but then I remember why and am glad I did save it 🙂 I think I must get it from my grandfather who used to save all sorts of things including bits of string, I save Amazon boxes and the packing out of them because you never know when they might come in handy lol

Am I correct in thinking you are in Liverpool? It is years since I have been there, my boys were very small and probably don’t remember the visit. I always liked visiting the city and it would be nice to visit it again. Nottingham to Liverpool by train, I guess that is possible 🙂 Leigh

• Let’s start again 20th November 2020 at 1:36 am

Yeah I’m from liverpool…and thanks for your reply…. yeah as you say with each move comes a sort out… I think we cling on to things as they remind us of the life we have lived… also think it comes from parents of waste not want not. ….but over time and relationships these things…. are just things…. we become like an old christmas tree…all the branches are broken a bit wonky and baldie….but we put the decorations on anyway… in the hope no one can see the damaged person you have become… well that’s just me… still feeling positive….ish…. another week almost over.

• LeighS 20th November 2020 at 10:59 pm

Oh I have definitely inherited the waste not want not trait, my younger son has it as well, not so sure about his elder brother!

Loved your analogy of the Christmas tree, it is a good one.

Glad you are still feeling positive ish, hope that carried on today and will continue as you move forward 🙂

• Let’s start again 21st November 2020 at 5:07 am

Thanks for your kind words much appreciated in these wobbly times…

• PaulaK 9th November 2020 at 11:04 pm

Hi how are you.  My life is changing too could be exciting x

• PaulaK 10th November 2020 at 6:52 pm

Dont do that if you have Netflix put on Gilmore Girls if not empty a cupboard and put stuff to sell or donate.  Keep going xx

• Let’s start again 11th November 2020 at 3:13 am

I’m currently waiting for my internet to be sorted… managing so far by using the guy upstairs server but signal is intermittent. I am in the process of cleaning cupboards and swapping the kitchen about as last week I just shoved stuff in. Today I’m going back to the old place… which is directly opposite to where I’ve moved to…. and emptying more cupboards to bring here…. it’s quite cathartic going through stuff i didnt deal with from the move 8 years ago.. I’m finding stuff i never knew i bought…or needed….. lol

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 10th November 2020 at 8:55 pm

Hello there my name is Angie, I am to looking for friends if you would like to chat sometime send me a message.

• Martin R 13th November 2020 at 6:09 pm

Hi viv… Nice to meet you

• Christopher Leslie 15th November 2020 at 1:01 am

Me too. But I have found it very difficult since moving and being laid off just before last Christmas. Of course the pandemic hasn’t helped.Still it can’t last forever it would just be nice to have people to chat with. And when this thing is under control, meet up for a coffee

• Let’s start again 15th November 2020 at 2:36 am

This pandemic has just dragged on and on… wish we could just get back to some normality. Lol

• Let’s start again 18th November 2020 at 10:53 am

Hi there, thanks for your msg nice of you to reply..yes I know it’s difficult and the covid situation hasn’t helped. But I’m on week 3 in my new place and beginning to really settle in. I have a few wobbly days …but on the whole….its been an eye opener.

• Ebony1806 18th November 2020 at 9:14 am

Hi I do hope that you have a wonderful day, I hope you will see sunshine through dark clouds.

• Deleted User 18th November 2020 at 10:11 am

Hiya

How’s you hope your having a good week?

I’m Steve lovely to meet you be good to chat xx

I’m near Plumstead in Greenwich, where are you?

• Let’s start again 18th November 2020 at 10:48 am

Hi there, I’m in liverpool up north lol. I’m fine thanks nice to meet you. I’m currently in week 3 on my own in my new place just me and the dogs. Feeling positive… I’ve had a few wobbly days but feeling much more positive about my situation.

• Deleted User 18th November 2020 at 11:01 am

I’m lucky my adult son lives with me and is working as he is in the police, so I get time on my own, and some company, but am isolating just going out for walks or shopping, can get s bit boring, not being able to meet people for dating

Good to chat and have a giggle though, so tell me something silly you have done? Lol xx

• Let’s start again 18th November 2020 at 11:17 am

Something silly,

I’ve watered an artificial plant for 4 months lol now that’s just daft…. lol… glad you’ve got company.

• Deleted User 18th November 2020 at 11:32 am

🤣🤣🤣🤣 that made me laugh

I’m good at falling off chairs, always gets a good laugh from my kids

Or sticking a two pound coin to the floor with super glue and watching silly buggers coming along trying to pick it up.

So are you on any other chat sites? Xx

• Let’s start again 18th November 2020 at 11:40 am

That’s just plain mean….no not really…tried match dot com but no good… I thought paying might give me a better class of wrongun sadly not…

• Parvs 18th November 2020 at 10:27 am

Hiya I am looking for new friends too – based in Bristol but location really doesn’t matter right now.. all about the communication 🙂 so give me a shout whenever you feel the need to chat about whatever! I am going through changes too, think everyone is in their own way but we dont have to go through it alone! xx

• Let’s start again 18th November 2020 at 10:46 am

Likewise if you fancy a natter I’m here to chat although the notifications don’t always get through.

• Ebony1806 19th November 2020 at 4:28 pm

Hello Parvs, I’m in a Leed, I’m new here just finding my way around  thank you for reaching out.

• Parvs 19th November 2020 at 4:41 pm

Hello nice to meet you too  lovely, finding my way around too. So you are in Leeds – how are you doing. How is your child doing, fingers crossed that you don’t get the virus.. drink warm water with fresh lemon as this drains the system and is a good anti-bacterial for the tummy releases all kinds of toxins 🙂

• Ebony1806 19th November 2020 at 6:18 pm

Hi we fine thank, yes I’m in leeds, thanks keep safe.

• David.W 18th November 2020 at 11:55 am

Hi there, only just come on here so bear with me as trying to learn ropes. I,m from Essex but dont worry about distance under current situation. I,m property maintenance engineer  looking to to get back into work again after being carer for parent when all this business kicked off. How are you coping with it all. All the best. David. (Picture to follow soon as i can fathom how to put it on here)

• Ebony1806 19th November 2020 at 4:25 pm

Hi David, I’m new here just trying to  find my way around.

I’m taking one day at a time, I’m home from work a few day now, because my child is in isolation,  one of her classmates have covid 19, life is full of one challenge after another. Hope you parents are doing fine.

• David.W 19th November 2020 at 5:36 pm

Hello there Ebony, just trying to work out things on here much like everyone else i should think as its a fairly new site. Sounds like you have your hands full there as your child has been in contact with a virus carrier.  Must be stressful for people like yourself with a child in school. I,m jobhunting at present so At home quite a lot. sadly, both my parents have passed on now thanks for kind thought. Take care of yourself and i will message again soon. David.

• David.W 19th November 2020 at 6:01 pm

Hello lets start again. Ive just brought the last of my stuff back from mothers place where i was  her carer. Like you was saying you come across stuff you didnt know you had. I had three piles, stuff i kept, to go to charity shop, and to be chucked. Then its finding a new home for all the gear. Like another chapter of your life has come to a close. Its rather strange for me as been living in two places for longer than i can remember now! Hope you get all sorted out in new place👍👍

• Let’s start again 19th November 2020 at 7:33 pm

Hi there … thanks for your reply … yes I’m in liverpool… thanks for your msg xxx much appreciated

• Compass 360 25th November 2020 at 7:07 pm

Hello lovely, just look forward to next year, it will work out.
      Stay positive 🌹

• Conna63 25th November 2020 at 7:09 pm

Hi hope it all works out

• Countrylover101 26th November 2020 at 5:33 am

Hello and welcome to the group. I live in Eastbourne. Being a tour guide must be great fun. I have heard Liverpool is a great city.

• Deleted User 26th November 2020 at 9:08 am

Hi Viv, I’m just bit down the road, across the river 🙂 Happy to chat if you wish, just drop me a message x

Add