Home Forums Technology I was on ZOOM for the first time with a new NotePa...

• I was on ZOOM for the first time with a new NotePad, I was using it to attend a workshop, but everyone said the sound was breaking up, I could hear the speakers as well and their voice was very robotic. Has anyone experienced this and what can I do? I wasnt wearing head phones.

Sound quality on ZOOM. I was on a ASUS NotePad. I did not wear a headphone.

Posted by Mel212
    • Reply by Renoir64

Robotic voice is often a symptom of a bad or weak connection. It would also mean that you would be breaking at the other end.
      Try a speed test on your internet and see what it says.
      This explains how you can run a test zoom call to help identify any issues

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-test-meeting?mobile_site=true

• Reply by Mel212

Thanks, this so helpful,I accessed ZOOM through the web link, but haven’t yet downloaded the Client because Microsoft is blocking any download software except the ones bought from their store on my new Notepad. I have to turn off something with an S in Notepad to install. A real pain.

Mel212

• Reply by Renoir64

I think you mean that your device is in s mode and stops the installation of most apps.
          The following article shows how to switch it off but this can’t be reversed and according to the article there seems to be advantages to keeping it.

https://www.hellotech.com/blog/what-is-windows-10-s-mode-and-how-to-turn-it-off

• Reply by Mel212

Thank you for your reply.
          I want to come out of S mode to download ZOOM. But the thought that there may be consequences is putting me off as I cannot revert back, this is putting me off taking the S off.

Mel212

• Reply by Mel212

Hello
        Sorry,I wasn’t using a ZOOM Client but a web browser to visit a ZOOM workshop and as I am new to this with a new Notepad, I wasn’t sure what the problem could be when someone on the same workshop sounded annoyed because the sound quality was not the best.

Mel212

Add