Home Forums Travel I want to do a cruise to Croatia. But everywhere I...

suzlizeat Posted 2 months ago
I want to do a cruise to Croatia. But everywhere I try charges extortionate single supplements. Does anyone know any mor
2 likes & 9 replies
    • Forestbather 26th April 2022 at 7:12 am

Hi. Is there any reason that you need to do the single supplement thing at all? Just because you are a single traveller doesn’t mean you need to be alone.

I have travelled in the past and never bothered. I have met some really great people sharing tents and in dormitories. I realise some people are very private and quiet and it could be tricky for them, but meeting people is a really massive component of the travelling experience.

Croatia is awesome, by the way. I managed a trekking holiday there between the mad lockdown nonsense and it is a beautiful, friendly country with loads of outdoorsy adventures to be had.

• Crafty Annie 28th April 2022 at 8:13 am

Hi, I’m with you there 😣. I did a solo cruise recently with P & O and yes expensive if you definitely want a balcony (Which is a priority for me) whilst on that cruise they did a presentation of a 19 night cruise in may next year to Croatia (one of my favourite places) & Italy from Southampton on an adult only ship which is lovely. As you only had to pay £50 deposit I booked. If someone shares my lovely cabin, great. If not I’m still going!
      Have a look at prices for inside cabins if you are comfortable with that.
      By the way it was my first solo cruise and one of my best ever holidays.
      Good luck
      Annie

• Chi 28th April 2022 at 9:14 am

Hi. Great to hear you did it. I think there are a lot of folk on here who will be nervous about travelling solo. I have done it before (not on a cruise, which is probably easier to meet people I guess?) but it took some courage.

Did you take the cabin and then advertise for a cabin-share, or do the cruise company do that? Or did you end up paying full whack for the “double” cabin?

• Crafty Annie 28th April 2022 at 11:16 am

Hi,
      Initially I booked a single balcony cabin which was only slightly cheaper than a ‘double’. Unfortunately the single cabins on that ship had just replaced a children’s activity area (as ship now an adult only) & the ‘new’ cabins were above a evening/early morning entertainment venue – 😱.
      I was moved the next day to a lovely larger cabin 🤗..
      Talking to other solos, they book an inside ‘double’ cabin and not too expensive.
      Hope info helpful.
      Annie

• SouthernSoftie 1st May 2022 at 9:45 am

I hope you find something suitable. I love Croatia and am going soon on a Gullet holiday. I did one about 6 years ago in Turkey with Solo’s and loved it. Only ended up with 6 of us and the crew. Its the most relaxing holiday ever. This time I have booked with Adriatic Holidays and paid extra for my single cabin. I expect all the others on board will be couples. They moor in little coves and do various stops during the week. Lots of swimming, reading and looking at at sea.

• Dorcy 2nd May 2022 at 1:46 pm

I love travelling solo but never been on a cruise by myself. Looking forward to these ideas of ssolo travels very soon! Thank you guys!

• suzlizeat 2nd May 2022 at 4:43 pm

I love travelling solo but begrudge the single charge, its so expensive

• San cyc 11th May 2022 at 3:15 pm

Why not ask if others are interested then you can share a room if get a twin bedded room .

Add