Home Forums Loneliness I need a Crocheting teacher who is lonely like me

Cazzmc Posted 4 months ago
I need a Crocheting teacher who is lonely like me

Hi I’m stuck at home because of health issues and I would love to learn how to crochet I’ve tried watching videos but I just can’t get it from that I need someone with patience to come and teach me have a good chat and tea and coffee whilst I’m learning

8 replies
    • lindsay 21st January 2022 at 9:20 am

Are you on the Nextdoor network. If you Google and join you will be put on your local group, you can then request from there. Also, see if there is any social prescribing in your area where they might be able to put you in touch with people. Maybe you could start a group making stuff for causes egwildlife centres will be after baby nests for small mammals in the spring.

• Cazzmc 21st January 2022 at 10:36 am

hi thanks for replying I’ve tried Nextdoor with no luck and my Liason from social prescribing has searched and come up empty

• lindsay 21st January 2022 at 11:24 am

Oh shame. The only other thing I can think of is a Zoom session, our local wool shop does them as does Hobbycraft. Not quite the same as actually meeting up but a start.

• Cazzmc 21st January 2022 at 11:55 am

I know I’ve tried watching YouTube videos I’m more of a person that has to be there to watch than stop and start a video lol

• John 64 23rd January 2022 at 7:41 am

My sister is an expert in that art, I can’t believe some of the items she makes, I just can’t get my head around how she makes them, much more patience than me,
      But On the same thought, I wonder if there are any lonely guitar teachers in the Brighton in Hove area! 🙂

• DeeGee 3rd February 2022 at 10:43 am

Hello I live in Worthing are you anywhere near me.
      I crochet and could teach you the basics

• Moira62 7th February 2022 at 10:50 am

I would love to learn how to crochet

Add