Home Forums Local Groups England Wiltshire I moved to Swindon six months ago to be near my fa...

Knitaholic Posted 8 months ago
I moved to Swindon six months ago to be near my family. Due to lockdown I have found it difficult to meet people. I play bridge, would like to find a knitting group, a book club and perhaps an art class.
3 likes & 8 replies
    • Gaetano 10th June 2021 at 3:28 pm

Great nickname there,

You really must like your knitting!

Welcome to Rest Less and thank you so much for choosing to join our Community!

My name is Gaetano, customer service manager at Rest Less and here to answer any questions you may have about it.

You are now part of a very friendly community where you will make new friends in no time and, for that, feel free to add your contribution to any conversation you may find of interest.

Also, it would be great to hear from you with your feedback: no matter how small, it helps us enormously in understanding what you are trying to get from Rest Less and how we can improve our service to you.

Thank you again and happy posting!

• Linde 13th August 2021 at 11:52 am

Hello, knittaholic! What a lovely new word! What do you like making? I have been a CARER for many years and spent hundreds of hours on buses with my charge, he enjoying the countryside, and me as well, of course, but often knitting and crocheting. If you find a group for knitters,etc. Please let me know. Am only just getting out of the house a bit more after some nasty health issue, hoping to travel a bit more in the near future. Welcome to the RestLess site! Linde

• gail roberta 7th September 2021 at 10:48 am

Hello i have a few groups of all kinds of things ,this is a hobbies one where people paint ,knit sew all sorts so pleas feel free to join we are in Swindon so you can find out more about the hobbies you do
      Gail
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/352644186037060

• Linde 10th September 2021 at 9:08 pm

Hello, Gail, glad I came back to this site and found out about your group in Swindon,it sounds very interesting and varied, just what I like. So as soon as I have my confidence back to go out on my own again I shall try and join you, if that’s ok with you. Thanks, Linde

• Linde 1st October 2021 at 9:48 pm

Hello, knitaholic, have you found a knitting group yet? I would be interested too. Which items do you usually make? Blankets, baby clothes, toys, hand puppets ( I made a number of those, in all shapes and sizes, blond hair, dark hair, plaits, no hair ( just joking), boys outfits, girls outfits, my grand children loved them all. Please keep me updated regarding your search for like minded people, thank you. All the best, Linde.

• Deleted User 13th October 2021 at 9:00 am

Hello and hope the knitting is going well 😊

• Bakingbree 13th October 2021 at 4:12 pm

Hello Knittaholic! A great way to meet people is to join the WI. There are several in Swindon, all very different, but all places to make friends and enjoy learning new skills, listen to interesting speakers and have fun. Most WIs have subgroups. Ours has book, craft and genealogy groups. I’m sure some will have knitting groups! I hope that you find something and get to meet lots of new people.

• Linde 25th October 2021 at 9:34 pm

Hello, knitaholic, how are you getting on? Have you found a knitting group yet? I am interested, though not very mobile, which is a pity. But have taken up my knitting again after a long break and making little pillows and blankets for some toy mice of my grand children! Fiddly, but fun! When they come over from LA next I want to teach them the craft. Anyway, hope you have found some new friends, and enjoying ‘freedom’ before we get lock down again! All the best, Linde.

Add