Home Forums Local Groups England Kent I just started a whole be lifestyle. Single and a...

Janmoore56 Posted 1 year ago
I just started a whole be lifestyle. Single and a guardian to my granddaughter who is 6yrs old. Moved to a completely new area just the two of us. Covid is crazy it’s made socializing impossible so it’s a little lonely staying positive and can’t wait till it’s all sorted I want life more normal

I want to meet new friends but first have to figure out some way to do that 😂

5 likes & 17 replies
    • mazarron04 8th January 2021 at 5:44 pm

Hi Jan

Where have you moved to. I’m in Herne Bay, only been here for 4 years. It is tough to make new friends when you move to a new area.

Barbara

• Janmoore56 23rd January 2021 at 5:50 pm

Hi Barbara
        I am in snodland Kent
        Yes it’s going to be tricky and made worse by covid. I’m still trying to figure out how to use this site in not up with the navigation.lol
        I’ve been to Herne bay for day trips but long time ago.

Sorry it took some time to reply only because I didn’t know I had a message lol

• Nikkir 9th January 2021 at 4:57 am

Hi there, I’ve lived in Petham village now for 4 years, I moved here fromLondon after retiring. My son and his family lived nearby at that time. I live on my own, I think it’s lovely for you and your 6 year old grand granddaughter that you are together. So much you can do. Wondering where you are in Kent. Of course Lockdown makes it hard, but be strong and positive especially for your little granddaughter. Can you go on walks safely. Play games, teach er card games. Cooking togethe, writing stories. I do hope you can pu5 your mind to these things, I’d love to have my grandson or granddaughter living with me. I wish you luck. I’m up for a chat any time. X

• Wombat 13th January 2021 at 5:41 pm

Hi Nikkir, is that petham village near Canterbury? I have a friend who lives there but lost touch with her 5 years ago and don’t have her address or contact number. Her name is Kathy she’s probably late 60’s. it’s such a small place wondered if you knew her. I don’t have many friends here since moving back to Kent and would love to reconnect with her. It’s a long shot I know but just wondering. Dave

• Nikkir 15th January 2021 at 9:45 am

Hi there – yes that is Oetham village just outside of Canterbury – I’m actually in The Downs – not in the centre of the village. I know a few people, I’ve only lived here four years. I can’t say I know a Kathy though – sorry .

• Janmoore56 23rd January 2021 at 5:59 pm

Hi
        Yes your right it’s lovely to have a young life around 24/7 and she does keep me young at heart.

We do lots of things together I live near a park so we go there and walk around the lake. It’s very cold so not out too long.
        I enjoyed last lockdown in the summer we had more to do it was warm and we hadn’t moved yet.

Life is a million times different
        Now.

We moved to Snodland in November so just before Christmas or lives totally changed. We used to live with granddad but he was not happy with a child at 70 that’s what made me decide to go it alone with her. I got Guardianship in 2016 already knew we wouldn’t be staying together when I went for it.

Life is so different I’m happy very happy just on hold waiting to start living it.

I have 3 children they all have families. I have my son’s daughter she has feotal alcohol syndrome not high on the scale but can be difficult at times so she’s better with me
        Her mum drunk a lot and took drugs during pregnancy she had very little input in her daughter’s life now.

All will be much better once covid is under control and it warms up lol

Sorry it took so long to reply I didn’t know I had a message then once I did to share to figure out how to reply 😃
        Stay safe

• Marica 9th January 2021 at 3:45 pm

Hi Jan, I know how you feel with this Covid issue, I am on the Kent /London borders . Such a shame more of us cannot meet to go for a walk or even a coffee

• Janmoore56 23rd January 2021 at 6:07 pm

Hi I’m in Snodland think it’s going to be perfect once I can get out to explore. So cold and covid a problem but soon it will warm up and we will all be loose lol

I don’t drive so getting so meeting outside my area would be tricky not sure even of the bus routes lol getting around might cause a problem.

It’s nice though getting to know new people while in lockdown

Stay safe

• JeanBWR 15th January 2021 at 10:16 am

Hi Jan I live near Faversham, great place to be but the last year has been so difficult for everyone. It was my granddaughter’s birthday yesterday but we had to make do with zoom and FaceTime which was lovely but I long to give her a big hug. She’s a teenager now she might not want hugs for much longer! Anyway hopefully now the vaccine is being rolled out we will be back to something like normal later this year, I hope so. Take care and enjoy the time with your granddaughter x

• Janmoore56 23rd January 2021 at 6:10 pm

Awe birthdays have been lonely. Even in zoom or any video app

I was 65 on 13th January when this is over facilities will have a big part to celebrate missed special days. I personally can’t wait to give all mine a hug like it or not lol there all getting one.

Sorry for late reply learning how to use these online sites not good at navigation lol

Stay safe

• Purdy 18th January 2021 at 4:57 am

Hi Jan I’m in the same situation as yourself and I moved with my granddaughter to a new area and we’ve been here since June 2019… our lives are waiting for better times to come away from this virus 🦠 and hopefully a nice spring and summer time 👌🙏😘

• Janmoore56 23rd January 2021 at 6:15 pm

Awe do you have an SGO
        Special Guardianship order.

It’s difficult but I am much happier raising her alone and get dad is amazing he helps loads and can have her weekends.

I literally only just ventured out some in November Christmas was tricky were getting life on track just need covid to do one and let us out

Sorry it took so long to reply I didn’t know I had any messages then I didn’t know how to access them 🤣 learning new things all the time.

Stay positive
        Stay safe
        Hope you get this reply

• Angietheexplorer 24th January 2021 at 2:27 pm

Whereabouts in Kent are you am in a similar position but can’t see the family for safety sakes

• Angietheexplorer 24th January 2021 at 2:39 pm

My mum died on the 15th Feb and had been expected she had dementia it was a hard time she was totally dependent on me bless her so we were free after 4 long years then my husband died 3 days later totally unexpected then covid lockdown so my daughter convinced me to get a dog she is my saviour

• Janmoore56 24th January 2021 at 5:11 pm

Sorry for your loss .. you had to cope with so much on top of each other. Thank goodness for your best friend.
      I lost mine weeks before I moved devastating.
      stay safe stay strong your doing a great job

• Janmoore56 24th January 2021 at 5:20 pm

I’m moving this to another phone. I’ll probably mess it up an have to start again
      So if I don’t reply then that is why

Add