Home Forums General I have just received an invitation to book in for...

Deleted User Posted 9 months ago
I have just received an invitation to book in for my 1st vaccination, now absolutely petrified but i know it has to be done. Has anyone else felt petrified and if so how did you cope? My daughter is trying to reassure me but to no avail 🙈. Any advice would be much appreciated 😥.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND MESSAGES OF REASSURANCE.
I HAVE NOW HAD MY VACCINE AND HAVE HAD NO SYMPTOMS, APART FROM A SORE ARM 😊.
LIKE YOU ALL SAID…..IT WAS QUICK AND PAINLESS, THE STAFF WERE AMAZING TOO!
THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN ❤️

8 likes & 198 replies
    • Max01 23rd March 2021 at 11:13 am

Just had my 2nd Jab this morning..
      I would say that you need to think postive, know that it will protect you and the ones you love..
      The press only pushes bad news about the vaccination as it needs to sell it product.

Have a great day.

• Deleted User 23rd March 2021 at 4:25 pm

That’s great that you’ve had your 2nd vaccine, i hope it has all gone ok for you?
        Yes absolutely, i have to think of my children and my grandchildren…. they are priority.
        Me also, i want to start going places and living my life, someone said it’s a passport to normality…. so without it i can’t live my dream! Thank you Max01 😊

• Max01 23rd March 2021 at 4:53 pm

All good thanks — took the afternoon off and just enjoying the sun ..

• Deleted User 23rd March 2021 at 5:42 pm

Glad to hear your all good.
        Sun?? How lucky you are, there’s been no sun here for a few days, just overcast and boring. That’s why they say it’s grim up North 🙃

• Hi 23rd March 2021 at 8:23 pm

Hi I’ve had both jabs now as I work in Social care and health and I did feel a wee bit off colour after the second one but only really for a day. When you think of the consequences of not getting the jab the slight yukkiness doesn’t compare in my opinion

• Estrella515 24th March 2021 at 8:13 am

I had mine two weeks ago and had no side effects at all…maybe just more tired than usual for one day. So don’t worry, will be fine 😉

• Deleted User 25th March 2021 at 5:59 pm

Thank you for your reassurance Estrelia 😊. It’s been nice to hear you and many others have either had no side effects or just a little bit of discomfort and tiredness.

• Roger F 25th March 2021 at 5:00 am

Perfectly safe, it affects people different and any discomfort is shortlived – any form of protection is better than none only thankful that in certain parts of the world people are offered a low grade vaccine . Take care and stay safe

• Sezza 25th March 2021 at 8:35 am

I had my first jab a few weeks ago. I don’t know why but I did feel really nervous prior to the appointment. Never felt like that before with any other jab. I had some symptoms for a couple of days and a sore arm but nothing to worry about and nowhere near as bad as it would have been with COVID. Try and think of it as a positive thing that could be saving your life.

• Deleted User 25th March 2021 at 6:04 pm

It’s normal for us to be nervous, especially with something so new. But you did it and yes definately better to have some minor side effects than have the awful disease, which i do think i had at the back end of 2019 when i was pretty poorly.
      Thank you for your reassurance and i’m glad to hear you are ok now. 😊

• Ems 25th March 2021 at 6:53 pm

Hi, please dont worry, I had my AstraZeneca jab last friday and I have a phobia of both needles, doctors surgeries and hospitals, but I went on my own and as long as I dont look at the needle I’m ok, I just look up at the ceiling. It was so quick, didn’t hurt. I will say I did experience side effects with the AstraZeneca one which were extreme shivers, body aches, mild headache and extreme fatigue and my arm hurt like it had been kicked, but I took paracetamol which the doctor recommended, it lasted 4 days and I feel fine now. It’s the only way out of this pandemic, it’s a good thing to do and it’s better than getting covid. I felt utter relief after I walked out of the gp surgery as I know I’m protected now. Good luck

• Deleted User 26th March 2021 at 4:13 pm

Hi Ems, thank you for reassuring me. It must of been quite hard for you to do with all your phobias but you did and that is excellent 😊. After everyones input on here i’m feeling rather silly for worrying.
        You are right, this is the only way out of the pandemic. Thank you again x

• Ems 3rd April 2021 at 10:13 am

Hi

You should never feel silly. This last 12 months has been really scary. For a lot of us this will have been the biggest thing we will have ever had to cope with in our lives. It has been and still is a rollercoaster of emotions. I think for me it’s dealing with the thoughts that I feel very helpless that I can do nothing to change the situation for the better, that this global pandemic has changed my life by being made redundant last year and struggling to get another job. Before this I had a pretty nice life. It’s the lack of control in my life now, as a fiercely independent person, I now have no control over my life, every day is the same with no end in sight. So I get your worry and fear, but at least the vaccination is here and I never thought one year on from the start that I would be vaccinated, trust me it is a great relief. I think it’s now hard having all of us gone through a year of this we are faced still with another year of all this chaos. I have to say finding the rest less community is a big help in not feeling so alone. Spending your days at home, all blurring into one is quite isolating. I do have a husband but he goes out to work, so he’s not having the same experience as me. Sorry this seems to have gone into a bit of a diatribe. Hope your vaccination goes ok, let me know x 😊

• E-man 26th March 2021 at 5:57 pm

Probably by the time you read this I will have had my second Pfizer ( sounds like a soft drink ) at 14:50 and speaking instant fluent Belgian . No effects first time and even less (!) this time > I am well into my octo so you should be fine . Book your self a treat afterwards .

• Karen Rose 26th March 2021 at 6:10 pm

I just had a bit of a sore arm after my first vaccination. The nurses are very experienced and all done quickly and efficiently.

• Dreamyboy 26th March 2021 at 6:14 pm

My good lady took her training recently to be a vaccine giver and had her first shift last Saturday. – surprise, surprise, she said the louder and more tattooed the person was – the bigger wimp they were! She said the amount of big, butch men they had to have a quiet, reassuring word with was ridiculous and it was the woman and the quiet men who were the brave ones! During the whole day no-one suffered any reaction or fainted so no worries.

• Deleted User 26th March 2021 at 9:13 pm

I thought about doing it as I got the invite as an NHS volunteer responder which I only did for a short while, but I didn’t feel I could hold the responsibility.
        Your good lady is clearly an amazing person 😊. I can imagine the humorous side of seeing big butch men being scared 😂.

• AngieDay 26th March 2021 at 7:05 pm

I had my first jab (Astra Zeneca) last Saturday, I was a bit nervous but not sure why as I get the flu jab every year! It was absolutely fine, all very well organised and efficient, and the jab was over so quickly. I did get some side effects, the next day I felt like I had the flu so spent most of the day in bed! Bit of a cough lingered for a couple of days but I now feel pretty much back to normal. My colleagues had AZ and had similar after effects, however my Mum and partner both had Pfizer and had no side effects so I guess it is the luck of the draw! Well worth it though! No-one should feel silly for worrying, it is unknown situation and a lot of people dislike needles, but it will all be fine 🙂

• Deleted User 26th March 2021 at 9:16 pm

Thank you AngieDay 😊. I’m glad to hear you and your family didn’t suffer to badly/no effects. But like you say, its the luck of the draw. Each and every single one of us is different

• Jojo15 27th March 2021 at 8:02 am

I had mine a few weeks ago. I was petrified too, but it was honestly a very well managed process. I was in and out within 20 mins. Everyone was really jolly. I felt a bit tired for a couple of days but nothing that affected me. Others I know had a mild headache the next day but that’s it. Good luck with the first step to freedom!

• Deleted User 27th March 2021 at 10:03 am

Ahhhh thank you Jojo. I’m glad to hear everything went well for you, i suppose it would help immensely when the atmosphere is jolly (i imagined it as being like a scene from a sinister sci-fi movie 😨).
        Here’s to freedom, for all of us! 😊

• Jojo15 27th March 2021 at 10:09 am

No definitely not – everyone I’ve spoken to, who have had it, have said how lovely everyone was and how great the camaraderie was. I think it’s normal to be worried but just think of the benefits once it’s done 😊

• Fin 27th March 2021 at 8:16 am

I am having mine tomorrow 😬

• Deleted User 29th March 2021 at 10:53 am

So many will say “I’ve had it, and I’m fine”…..Maybe they are,….so far. But has nobody heard of ‘delayed reaction’?
      The chemicals in the injections they are giving people latch onto cells in the body, and create pathogens. Pathogens can make your own body make you seriously ill as your body tries to fight what’s going on….and when the first injection receives ‘back up’ in the form of the 2nd injection it can make a person dangerously ill. Not always immediately, but it can even kill some people further along in time.
      More to the point, the injections don’t prevent you from getting this plague, they don’t wipe it out if you’ve already got it, they don’t prevent you from spreading it, they don’t mean you can stop wearing face muzzles or social distancing, and they don’t mean you can stop hiding in your house.
      So why have it at all ?
      I can answer that for you…….Because the people who manufacture them and distribute them have frightened everyone into believing they need them…….because the more people that have the injection, the more billions the manufacturers make……and the more billions they make, the more power they have over everyone else…..and no, I don’t wear a tin foil hat, LOL I just look into things when somebody tells me they want to pump chemicals into my body, that THEY KNOW can cause adverse effects on some people.
      The thing is,….they dont care, as long as they’re making money.
      Furthermore, why doesn’t anyone care that there are wealthy people who claim there’s too many people on the planet, and some of them are involved in the manufacture of the injection liquids. ??????
      Doesn’t THAT cause people to ”not want” to be injected ?
      Doesn’t anyone find that suspicious ?

• Deleted User 29th March 2021 at 5:39 pm

I appreciate you have ‘your’ views on the current situation.
        But i only asked for ‘advice’ from the friendly people on here

• Colin in Kent 31st March 2021 at 7:25 am

How do you square that with Astra-Zeneca giving theirs away and purposefully NOT choosing to ‘make billions’ (and now rethinking that after the extensive abuse they’ve received)?

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th March 2021 at 3:13 pm

I had mine a few weeks back I have a Pro phobia to Needles although I was okay when I had my jab no problems at all just the thought of the needle is enough for me.

• Laser 29th March 2021 at 8:58 pm

Just give the jibby jab a ‘life necessity’ classification, and go with the flow, treat yer self to a vod when its over.

• Deleted User 29th March 2021 at 9:33 pm

I suppose it’s like any other vaccine that’s the norm to have now, it was all newness once upon a time.
        I’ll swap the vodka for Pink Gin…. a nice large one too. I think we’ll all be having one heck of a celebration when it’s over Cin-cin! 😊

• Jimck46 29th March 2021 at 10:59 pm

It’s frightening going in but the needle is absolutely painless it’s done in seconds couldn’t believe it and so well organised so don’t worry painless

• Mojomouse 30th March 2021 at 6:03 pm

Hi, our fears can really impact how we deal with things. It’s a shame there has been so much negativity around, which is really influencing take-up. I’ve had my jab and although wary, more so about being in a crowd, I viewed the whole experience as ‘it’s got to be better than the alternative’ . Plus my daughter is an A&E nurse so I was doing it for her to ensure she can’t carry the virus into her workplace.
      As for the jab itself is hardly felt not even a scratch. Yes I had side effects but my friend didn’t. It’s all down to your own physiology.

• Deleted User 30th March 2021 at 8:30 pm

Hi Mojomouse,

Thank you for your message, and i totally understand what you are saying.
      I have now had my 1st vaccine (which was yesterday), the procedure was simple and painless, the staff were all amazing and today i have felt nothing but an aching arm. So all my fears are over and done with now and my 2nd vaccine is in June.
      Thank you once again and i hope you and your wonderful angel of a daughter stay safe and well x

• Squeaky66 30th March 2021 at 8:52 pm

I went in quite calm about the whole thing. Just as he was about to do it I got really nervous! Its not been out that long, what will happen in the future etc etc. But anyway, had it done. Felt rough the day after but next day was fine!

• Deleted User 30th March 2021 at 9:10 pm

It’s hard not to overthink thing’s tho isn’t it? But at least you did it, and i’m glad to hear you didn’t suffer too much.
      I think i was one of the lucky ones having no side effects, i feel a little silly getting myself in a tizz over it, but i couldn’t help but fear the worst.
      The two staff that did mine were one step ahead, one talked away to me whilst the other did it 😊, they were all amazing tho.

When we have our next one Squeaky we will be more prepared, you could say we will be ‘arm’ed but not dangerous 💪 😉

• Shonzie 30th March 2021 at 9:45 pm

Had both my phizer ones and no side effects at all. My 88yr old mum and 91yr old Dad had the Astra Zeneca one and again no side effects apart from sore arm for a couple of days. You’ll be fine

• Deleted User 30th March 2021 at 9:51 pm

Hi Shonzie, i’m so glad to hear you and your parents had no problems and are all good.
      I had my vaccine yesterday morning and today i have felt nothing but a sore arm.
      Thank you so much for letting me know 😊

• Colin in Kent 31st March 2021 at 7:19 am

That’s brilliant Wendles – I’m so happy for you. Well done, that was no small display of courage!

• Deleted User 31st March 2021 at 9:14 am

Thank you Colin 😋, feel a little silly for getting so worried now haha.
          Brave is my middle name don’t you know? 😉😂. But unfortunately not brave enough to go out and tazer the idiots that swarmed the park’s yesterday 😩

• Colin in Kent 31st March 2021 at 11:10 am

I know – awful, such idiots. I would say ‘that’s one danger of the vaccine, people will just think everything is fine’, except they were doing that last summer as soon as we were allowed out.

• Deleted User 31st March 2021 at 11:45 am

I was saying the exact same thing this morning, it’s a pity BJ couldn’t put all the younger one’s in a total lockdown and allow all those who have had vaccinations to play out and rub it in their faces….. right back to ya kid 👊😂

• Colin in Kent 31st March 2021 at 11:46 am

Ha, now THAT’S an idea!

• Karen Rose 31st March 2021 at 9:24 pm

Great news!❤️

• Deleted User 31st March 2021 at 9:35 pm

Awe thank you Karen ❤️, i hope you are well?

• Grenouille 4th April 2021 at 10:21 am

Fab! Well done.

• Roger F 12th April 2021 at 9:42 pm

Accept the invitation , discomfort is generally short lived and any protection is better than none
      Stay safe and well X

• Sonny1234 12th April 2021 at 10:08 pm

You were fortunate Wendles & I am glad for you, I had mine & for 48 hrs I felt like I had the worst hangover ever , I am not looking forward to the 2nd jab but if it helps get things back to normality I will not refuse it, I have no issues with it & I have lived safely as I don’t want to catch Covid so this is all part of the process as far as I’m concerned.

• Jimper 30th April 2021 at 1:42 pm

If you have any doubts trust your feelings and do not have it

• Deleted User 21st March 2021 at 8:17 pm

This is so very true Michael, like many of you have said…..there are definately more reasons to have it than to not.
      Only a week to go and it will be over and done with 😊

Add