Home Forums General I have just got back from having my 1st jab, no pr...

Deleted User Posted 1 year ago
I have just got back from having my 1st jab, no problems, really efficient and quick. I know there is a long way to go yet but I feel like I have just taken the first tiny step on the road back to ‘normality’
18 likes & 25 replies
    • Deleted User 13th February 2021 at 3:45 pm

Well done Margaret B. There is a light at the end of the tunnel

• loislane 13th February 2021 at 6:31 pm

Glad to hear it, I haven’t been called yet even though my doctor called me last year to shield.

• Deleted User 13th February 2021 at 7:00 pm

They will get round to you soon

• Larnette 13th February 2021 at 8:18 pm

Good for you 😊 It’s definitely a step forward. What vaccine did you have?

• Larnette 13th February 2021 at 9:33 pm

Thank you. I was asking as I have allergies so I’m likely to be advised to have Astra Zenica.

It’s good to hear people’s experiences, thank you for sharing 🙂

• loislane 13th February 2021 at 11:58 pm

What sort of allergies? I have asthma, do they talk it over with you first?

• Larnette 14th February 2021 at 12:35 am

Oh gosh!! Most antibiotics, cleaning products, toiletries, most hair dyes, feathers, fur (I really want a dog!!), plasters, 🙄must sound a bundle of fun 😂….I haven’t taken antihistamines for about six weeks now though 😊..

From what I Understand Pfizer has something called PEG which if there is a rare allergic reaction is the most likely cause!
          PEG is in a lot of everyday household products inc hair products, Ibuprofen and Tramadol though.
          A serous reaction to it is very rare! I’ve known a couple of people to say they got a rash around the vaccine site which was treated with antibiotics and fine after a few days.
          If you’re unsure though, it’s best to speak to your go.

• loislane 14th February 2021 at 7:21 pm

I will thank you

• Larnette 14th February 2021 at 12:42 am

I just read your other reply. Yes if you was told to shield then I would certainly chase it up with your gp.. then you can ask them any concerns you have as well.
          Good luck 🙂 hopefully you’ll get yours soon

• Diamonique 14th February 2021 at 7:08 pm

Had mine last Friday, they ask any allergies, medications, health matters, are you on blood thinners

• loislane 14th February 2021 at 7:18 pm

No, thyroid meds, inhalers

• Marica 15th February 2021 at 9:22 pm

Snap, Larnette. I was not going to have the jab as I react badly to so many vaccines and medications but I went for it and was shaking when I went in . I am pleased to say it was fine, slight reactions the day after but nothing that was bad. I had the Oxford jab and would have far preferred that the the Pfizer one,. I would say go for it.

• Selsdon 13th February 2021 at 9:57 pm

Had mine a couple of days ago. Same experience… quick & efficient. I had the AZ jab too.

• Franko John 14th February 2021 at 12:07 am

That’s good I had my vaccine nearly 2 weeks ago

• ericnelsie 14th February 2021 at 8:30 am

I had the Astrazenica Friday am by 9 was in bed headache feeling sick arm hurting as the night went on sore throat felt like I was getting the flu this morning am fine!

• Deleted User 14th February 2021 at 8:58 am

Sorry to hear about your reactions , I didn’t have any at all, in fact I had the best night’s sleep I have had in a long time!

• Diamonique 14th February 2021 at 7:14 pm

I had mine on Friday, started feeling thirsty then slight headache, by bedtime everywhere hurt so bad it was difficult to find a position to sleep, went back to bed mid morning next day, so out of energy. Felt just like bad cold, stuffy, earache & slight sore throat. Friend who works in hospital offices had same reactions Now Sunday & nearly normal. Guess some of with any other health conditions prone to being more senstive

• juleswalker 18th February 2021 at 9:11 pm

I had my first jab three weeks ago – the Oxford Astra-Zeneca one. The nurse told me what side effects I might expect, and which ones might be of concern. I had mild headaches for two days, and an expectedly sore arm but no other side effects. I think what this thread of comments shows is that whichever vaccine is had we all react differently, and shouldn’t expect to have the same reactions that others have. The main thing is actually having the vaccine and the country – the world – getting on its collective road to recovery. We’ll never be free of Covid-19 now, but vaccination is giving us some armour. Just vaccination always does.

• Susie58 20th February 2021 at 8:53 pm

I had my jab on Monday, only because my daughter who had bi-polar was booked in. I asked when I was there if I could be vaccinated and was told no problem. My daughter cried with relief as I teach and she was so worried about me working. I had Pfizer and had a sore arm for 2 days as its an injection in the muscle, feel much happier going back to school on Monday. My daughters 3 friends have lost their parent to Covid. There is a bright light at the end of that tunnel as long as we are all still very careful.

• Shirlann 21st February 2021 at 4:25 pm

Husband had his first one this morning don’t know when I’ll get mine still too young at 61😁

Add