Home Forums General I believe do you ?

Dave the poet 1970 Posted 7 months ago
I believe do you ?
7 likes & 19 replies
    • Robert K 26th October 2021 at 4:06 pm

The short answer is no I don’t.

However there was an incident I can’t explain. Years ago when I was a teenager I was staying in my sister’s flat while she was away (looking after the cat). She told me the flat was supposed to be haunted before I went.

It was the days of ghetto blasters, enormous portable sound systems, I put it safely on a table and went into the kitchen. Moments later it crashed to the floor. I could not explain it then or now – beyond spooky.

I still don’t believe though!

• goldfish63 26th October 2021 at 4:30 pm

I do not think so really as with the amount of people who have died in history we would be bumping into one every second! it is just an irrational fear to explain a possible after life ! however strange things do happen for sure but with no explanation!

• VFP 26th October 2021 at 4:36 pm

Yes, but only friendly ones like Casper.

• Deleted User 26th October 2021 at 5:25 pm

Most definitely.

I have been on many a paranormal investigation and had experiences. Even had the bed move whilst stopping at the Station Hotel in Dudley.

Also had a cloaked figure walk by my bed at home and through the wall.

• abc. 26th October 2021 at 7:45 pm

No, I don’t believe in ghosts but i will if i see one.

• loislane 26th October 2021 at 8:17 pm

Yes

• Always 26th October 2021 at 11:33 pm

Depends on the time of day

• Deleted User 28th October 2021 at 10:49 pm

Absolutely not. Total twaddle.

• MikeyG 28th October 2021 at 11:17 pm

No…No…and Hell No……

• HH 2021 28th October 2021 at 11:44 pm

I’m kinda on the fence with this one, I’ve never seen one, but some very odd things do go on.

If I did see one I’d freak out to be honest! 🥴👻

• Vervain 29th October 2021 at 8:35 am

No but l am surprised how many do.

• Brianx 31st October 2021 at 3:17 pm

Yes seen them

• Colin in Kent 31st October 2021 at 3:47 pm

Depends what you mean by ghosts. People see ghosts, people have inexplicable experiences. That happens, so believing it doesn’t is akin to disbelieving water is wet. But whether those are spirits of the dead is another matter entirely. I think there are things that science hasn’t yet grasped at, but what those phenomena are I can’t say. The stone tape, something to do with time, rogue psychology, intrusions from frequencies in the spectrum humans aren’t able to perceive, environmental effects that are so rare as to be unknown, or something else, are all probably more likely than revenants and ghostly visitants from beyond. There is a really excellent book called ‘Will Storr vs the Paranormal’, in which a journalist attempts to get to the bottom of ghosts, ghost hunting and all associated phenomena. It’s both light hearted and analytical as he looks at a different case in each chapter, which he then personally investigates. It is completely objective and even handed. Plenty of things he discounts or discovers little beyond wishful thinking and fakery. And yet, at the end of the book, there are one or two experiences he has which he simply cannot explain. He doesn’t rule out that they have an explanation, just that nothing he knows or understands about the physical world explains the experience. I read an interview with him some time after it was published in which he said the same thing. That in those instances it requires almost more convoluted thinking to explain it than to accept it.

• Brighton Belle 1st November 2021 at 9:07 pm

Yes lived in cottage that was haunted he was friendly even dogs sensed when he was about -the villagers told me the story who person was + his tragic death…..

• Sue47 2nd November 2021 at 12:29 pm

I believe in spirits rather than ghosts, which conjures up eerie figures floating about in white robes. Children are very receptive to spirits, an example is when my granddaughter was 3 she was chatting away while playing and my daughter asked her who she was talking to. She said ‘Grandma May’. May was her daddy’s mother who died when he was 14. The parents had only ever referred to her as Mum, never by her first name of course. One of my many examples is when I moved into my current house, after the previous owner had lost his wife, I saw the lady going up the stairs one morning. I asked my neighbour if she would have worn certain clothes and described her hair, my neighbour asked if I’d found a photograph as I described the lady perfectly. When I told her I’d seen the lady she let me know that she was very interested in the afterlife and spoke to her late mother several times.
      On another note, many people think the sight of a white feather is an angel nearby. If that’s so there must be a host of them in my bedroom every time I change my duvet cover!

• Mad Ralph 2nd November 2021 at 1:16 pm
    • Island Hopper 2nd November 2021 at 4:18 pm

Yes, completely. I have no doubts at all that the spirit world is alive and kicking!

Add