Home Forums General I am very interested in the paranormal as i was ra...

spooky Posted 10 months ago
I am very interested in the paranormal as i was raised with it – my mum and aunts were all into ghosts ! and my first home was haunted – i would be interested to hear your experiences from the paranormal – do you believe in ghosts or are you skeptic ? what are your views ?
4 likes & 54 replies
    • loislane 28th March 2021 at 1:20 pm

Interesting question, I posted something similar a while back and many people responded, it was wonderful to hear people’s stories. There were ghosts mentioned but mainly to do with out of body experiences.

I believe more supernatural/paranormal than horror.

I do believe that when some die, they can die in limbo.

I know my uncle visited me after he passed and made physical contact, people laughed and came up with all other explanations but I know what I heard, I never saw him, but a sharp pat on the head was enough to convince me, lights flickering, my books were knocked over.

Some people , like children, are very open and susceptible to those who stay to communicate.

I really look forward to hearing your stories.🙂

• spooky 28th March 2021 at 1:59 pm

So am i looking forward to hearing the stories of others , even the skeptic ones – i have personally seen ghosts – my first one was when i moved into my first home in the Crystal palace area many years ago – a lot of strange things started to happen like items being moved , finding doors and windows open when i knew for a fact i had closed them , strange sounds and coldness even on a hot day and then an apparition of an old man going from one room to the next which at the time scared me witless ! since that happen i started to see many ghosts and experience many things to do with the paranormal that i joined a paranormal group and became a member of a spiritualist church – i still want to explore it further – it`s a subject you never tire off !

• loislane 28th March 2021 at 2:08 pm

I find it fascinating, I recently listened to a podcast, BBC, about the 15 year old girl back in 1957, her whole family was witness to the paranormal, they had journalists around, it was big news, and they interviewed her recently, she can still recall it all. The man was rooted to that house like he was looking for his lost love. It was in London and I never caught the third installment.

• Marica 29th March 2021 at 8:05 pm

It is good you joined a spiritual church , Spooky as your power as such needs harnessing. If you are a beacon for a lot of spiritual attention (and have not closed down) , you are a magnet for some rather unsavoury things. I was recommended in my house with my first husband to have the spiritual church people round to cleanse the house (had to happen twice) as there was so much going on there .A bit worrying at the time. After they had been , i knew shadows were following me about the house but I knew they were not a problem. My last encounter of anything was after my husband died. About 3 months later , I could not sleep and about 3am , I sat up in bed and read . Suddenly I heard breathing , as clear as anything and I thought it was a machine but it was too erratic. I kept looking over to my left side but could see nothing but knew there was something there. I wish I had asked out loud if it was my husband. After about 5-10 min,. suddenly there was a deep breath , a sigh and it stopped. I was not scared. But it was an interesting experience. If a “sensitive” as the term is, always close down before ever going out

• spooky 28th March 2021 at 3:48 pm

Ah ! The Enfield poltergeist ! heard many times the story and got the dvd on it starring Timothy Spall – Janet Hodgson was the girl .

• Deleted User 28th March 2021 at 4:21 pm

There’s so much unexplained and that we have no understanding of so the theories abound. I live in an old house – 250 years old, and my bedroom lights went on one night, there has been knocking on my bedroom door and I live alone. I’m not afraid, just interested. I enjoy other people’s stories.

• AndymW 28th March 2021 at 5:45 pm

I believe when we pass we transfer from one energy to another, we exist in a different dimension, on a different plane of existence or something similar. I think ghosts on the other hand can be echoes of the deceased, as they are often seen in the same places, same times, repeating and performing the same actions etc. I think i have seen unexplained phenomena, i’ve had ‘corner of the eye’ glimpses of shadows. Years ago i got home late for work, about 11.30pm, at the time my mother and brother who i lived with were both in bed and fast asleep, but i clearly heard footsteps walking down the hall then stomping up the staircase. I checked and my folks were still fast asleep. My mother told me of an experience she had on the night her brother died. He appeared to her as she lay in bed and asked her to ‘go with him’ as he was scared, she said no and he left. Many things that happen seem difficult to link to, there have been times when i can be round the home and all of a sudden i’ll get a blast of perfume or the scent of flowers, knowing damn well there is nothing around to cause it. I( can never link the dots and make the connection, if there is one.

• loislane 28th March 2021 at 6:16 pm

I’m with you there, I believe that

• spooky 28th March 2021 at 8:20 pm

I have also experience all of that as well – the smell of perfume and cigarette smoke and i don`t smoke ! i have woken up to hear talking in my bedroom and listened for several minutes but could not understand what was being said as it sounded foreign – i have also been working in the kitchen when the light came on by itself – T.V also changing channels – perhaps ghosts didn`t like what i was watching ! the list is endless !

• Marica 29th March 2021 at 8:09 pm

Yes, same here ,Spooky just as you said , I know my old boss came into the office after he died , his son worked there and the lights flickered and I felt someone pulling my hair . We both looked at each other and knew it was his dad

• PhilB 28th March 2021 at 6:20 pm

I’ve been in plenty of old buildings such as castles and abandoned insane asylums and never had even a hint of the paranormal, so until I can experience it myself I’m sceptical.

• SteV1Da 28th March 2021 at 6:46 pm

I have a story – No time now but will post in next day or so.

• spooky 28th March 2021 at 8:22 pm

Look forward to it

• SteV1Da 28th March 2021 at 11:07 pm

Ok. This happened around 8-10 years ago. I work in Newcastle City Centre every Friday & used to get the train in to Central Station, then walk up to the Clinic. My journey would take me up Grainger Street, crossing over at the top of the Bigg Market towards Grey’s Monument.
          It was very early January on a grey & cold morning around 8.25ish. At that time of year it was normally quite quiet (not by lockdown standards though !) and there were few people around. As I approached the crossroads with Newgate Street I was walking with my head slightly down.
          I suddenly noticed just ahead to my left that someone was walking the opposite way & about to pass me. What I noticed was their left lower leg and their “trousers”. They were darkish grey/brown in colour & of an open weave I would liken to what I’d seen before as industrial rags or rough sack cloth. In that split second I was so surprised that I looked up & leftward towards the persons face.
          They appeared to have somewhat unkempt black hair, were of Hispanic/Mediterranean appearance and their face & hair had the appearance of being coated in oil or a tea like liquid.
          The result was to stop me in my tracks & I even said “eh?” out loud. I turned around within a second or so to get a better look at this person and saw nothing. The pavement behind me was empty. I quickly looked across Grainger Street – again nothing. This was the case in all directions. I continued on to work, puzzled & peturbed That dinner time I walked back down there – looking for likely doorways that the person might have entered. There were few to choose from & I was no further forward.
          A week passed & by the following Friday I’d settled on a plan to look at any business on that side of the road which was open that early in the day. There were no real candidates in 20-30 yards.
          My overall response was just curiosity/ puzzlement. If I had to guess I would say that the person looked like depictions of workers, possibly sailors from the late 17th/ early 18th Century. For no obvious reason I got the impression that they were Portuguese.
          Anyway, that’s my story. Sorry it’s a bit long – but I though the context was important.

• loislane 29th March 2021 at 1:14 pm

Very possible that they still walk where they were last. There are docks there,???

• SteV1Da 29th March 2021 at 2:42 pm

Not too far from Newcastle Quayside.

• loislane 29th March 2021 at 3:26 pm

That does make sense of what you saw

• SteV1Da 29th March 2021 at 5:16 pm

Yes indeed. It was a very ordinary & dull morning. Totally normal…… It did then prove to be quite startling.

• AdrianSF 30th March 2021 at 12:48 pm

Intriguing !

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 28th March 2021 at 7:44 pm

I have never believed in this before. But a few year back this was after my grandpa passed. I was in my kitchen a bright sunny day windows where closed I was not thinking of my grandpa at that moment. When l left like someone had blown on to my face. Like when you blow out candles. So strange.
      Also just before my father passed, we was driving to the hospital, and in the air I saw two clair rainbows 🌈 my father had sent them to us. We got to hospital just in time. 😢

• Linda T 28th March 2021 at 7:46 pm

When younger l used to know what the person l was with was going to say before they spoke. lt used to happen often and sometimes l had a feeling of visiting a new place before which seemed strange. Also when my father died l was eleven but l remember a picture falling off the wall and a black bird falling down our chimney l was told it signified death. I also have had experiences of happening which were uncanny but l put down to fate .

• spooky 28th March 2021 at 8:28 pm

You were giving signs and and that feeling you got of i have been here before was deja vu which refers to past lives – another big subject we are interested in ! but that`s another matter .

• loislane 28th March 2021 at 11:53 pm

I get deja vu a lot and especially since I moved to Suffolk from london

• spooky 29th March 2021 at 8:29 pm

I get dreams of living in a past life – i often dream of places and homes i know for a fact i lived in but not in this life and very often i am sisters with a friend i know in this life now – some religions believe we meet the same kind of people from our pervious lives – perhaps next live i might be your sister lol!

• Sanden54 28th March 2021 at 8:40 pm

When I was very young I lived in a very old house and used to see people in Elizabethan clothes walking through the walls ..I knew if I told anyone they would not believe a child.I was about ten years old and have always wanted to find out about the house and the previous owners .I live alone now and although
      I would like to investigate it I feel it might make me a little scared.

• pete T 28th March 2021 at 9:35 pm

lived in a house in Bristol,always hearing things moving up stairs even visiting friends making comments about footsteps ect up stairs I used to just brush it off with an excuse saying old house ect ,at the time my children were young and on a number of occasions getting home from work I would ask the wife wheres the kids she would answer playing with their imaginary friends upstairs I never, not once made any comments to my kids regarding imaginary friends as I did not want to encourage it,so I knew nothing regards who they were talking to be it a woman,boy ect,but one night about 0130hrs I woke wanting the toilet getting out of bed I turned towards the door and standing in the door way was a male (mid30s)on his left a young girl (11 ish) on his right a young boy (8ish) dressed in victorian clothing,to say I shat myself is an understatment they were not a faded image these were full on people if I was not so scared I believe I could have reach out and touched them,I jumped back in bed under the sheets ,did not move till the sun came up, next day I mentioned it to the wife and she thought I was joking as these are the people my children say they play with

• Marica 29th March 2021 at 8:13 pm

Young children have a far closer link to spirit than adults as their acceptance and minds are not tainted by everyday restrictions. My daughter did the same , she used to tell me a man kept coming into her bedroom (very worrying!) but this was all before i had the house cleansed by the spiritual church as too much was happening there

• spooky 28th March 2021 at 10:07 pm

Sometimes ghosts do come in solid form and turn up in the most unexpected of places for example one came to my till when i was working at a Tesco branch – and she started taking to me asking how i was and do i remember her in the canteen – well i could not at that time – she smiled and moved away and then i suddenly remembered who she so i turned around to say yes i do remember her seconds later but she had vanished – there was no way she could off got out the shop so quickly – i racked my brains out and i did remember her working in a canteen in another store but she had passed over many years before !

• witchemandy 29th March 2021 at 9:48 am

As a medium I do believe in and have spoken with the spirit world and when passed our loved ones can visit us they are always with us guiding us on our lifes journey. There are ghosts that appear at the same time same place on a regular basis and it is believed that these are recordings within old buildings as they used the same chemicals in the mortar as what is used in old vhs cassettes

• spooky 29th March 2021 at 3:32 pm

I also find that i had psychic abilities and joined a circle and done a couple of church demonstrations which were very successful however i found that it used to know the stuffing out of me and the very next day i could not do a thing ! and ever so often i get probed by spirit even now to go back to church and resume the circle and just when i had chosen to do so we had this lockdown!

• Irene Taylor 30th March 2021 at 10:35 am

What do you see when you contact spirits. Have you ever seen one yourself. Is it just a feeling in you. Or do you hear or see something and if you see something is it a solid person or is lt like what I have seen a smoky grey in colour that foams into a persons shape like a cobweb that you can see through ? The first time I so one it terrified me that was about twenty five years ago I did not know the spirit. It was in my boyfriends house. I was never comfy always sitting on the edge of my seat I never liked that house. This was before I seen what I seen. I could never have lived in that house.
        But the second one I so was of my Mum about two months ago. I’m not crazy I don’t think I’m sure it was a spirit what do you think ? It has made me feel that there is some sort of life after death.

• Irene Taylor 29th March 2021 at 12:24 pm

Hi so am I as I have had experiences in my past

• Carol.L 29th March 2021 at 12:57 pm

I have no personal experience of anything supernatural but am open minded about the subject.I would like to think that my spirit somehow lives on after my physical body dies.

• Optimistic 29th March 2021 at 4:54 pm

I had a neighbour years ago she had two sons one died of leukemia. I did not know her when that had happened and never saw her children only a photograph of them, with the one who had passed away bloated from treatments. I went home wondering what he had looked like before getting ill. The next day a little boy appeared on my stairs smiling at me. I went to my neighbour and asked to see a photo of when he was not ill and there he was in exactly the same clothes. I saw him a couple of times more, then told him it was ok and he did not have to keep coming to me, so he laughed waved and disappeared and I never saw him again

• Irene Taylor 29th March 2021 at 5:18 pm

I lost my Mum last August she had a fall and had to go into hospital, but when she was in the Accident and Emergency deportment. due to them being very busy she was left on her own for about four hours they visited her every hour to give her a drink we were not allowed to be with her. She was 91 at the time, she fell off the trolly and injured herself. Anyway she had a perforation of the intestine she was in real pain I was told that because of her age she would not survive a operation. And she was going to die. I was so upset and asked if they would let me and my sister stay with her as they did not expect Mum to survive the night they said yes. When we arrived Mum was suffering they give her very strong painkillers to help her through the decline but it put her in a coma state so we don’t think she even know we were with her. It took six days and nights we sat with her she went peacefully in her sleep we were so upset. As we never got the chance to speak to her.or say goodby we did talk to her but she was sleeping We loved her so much. I could not stop crying for months and five months after Mum died I was so upset I was screaming out crying to think of her as being dead was too much to bare, I was in bed it was about 4.30 in the morning I looked at the bottom of my bed to see a grey missed a spirit not a ghost it looked like a grey cobweb that I could see through I sat up and it went into a figure of a person I could see the face looked just like my Mum my heart lifted I was delighted to see her she turned away from me I said OMG. I told her how much I loved her twice then she left I was tingling all over my body from head to toe. I was awake and not asleep. the night after I had a strong beautiful perfume hit me as I was in bed this frightened me as I did not want to have something happen again it made me frightened to get out of bed this time but I have not seen envy thing since but what I was delighted about was it made me feel happier to know that my Mum was not dead she was in a new life in spirit and I think she came to say by by.

• spooky 29th March 2021 at 8:21 pm

Your mum came back to show you she was okay now and watching over you and there is no reason to be afraid.

• Irene Taylor 30th March 2021 at 9:33 am

Thank you, I did feel a lot better after this it was weird to see her like that, has anybody else seen a spirit like light grey in colour she was not solid like a person ?

• spooky 30th March 2021 at 1:32 pm

I have seen shadow people and i often see someone looking at me from the side of the eye but when i turned to look there is nothing there – i sometimes think it`s my brother who i lost last year .

• Marialyn 29th March 2021 at 7:12 pm

I too am very interested in this subject, always have been and I really enjoyed reading your stories. I remember when I was young, an elderly neighbour passed away. When she was alive, every night from my bedroom I could hear her walking around her garden watering her plants, I would also hear the gate opening and closing. One night after she died, I heard the gate and walking around the garden. It was exactly how I heard it when she was alive. I froze, too scared to look out of the window. It only happened once.

• Marica 29th March 2021 at 8:27 pm

Sometimes I have been told that people who die do not realise they are dead and their spirit carries on doing things they did when alive until they come to terms with what has happened.

• adeliza0165 29th March 2021 at 8:53 pm

I have a story and it’s only ever happened to me once but made me realise that there really is something else out there and it’s all around us!…
      I woke up one night, unable to sleep. So I got up and went over to the window. Just as i went to slightly close it, I saw a strange formation on the neighbours back wall and it turned into a dark shadow of a person – round face but no facial features and in a dark cloak down to the ground. It moved across the wall and as it did, it slowly went down into the ground and disappeared! I couldn’t believe what I had just seen! I knew people wouldn’t believe me and the only ones who did were the ones who had also had some sort of an experience too.
      Some while later, I went to a clairvoyant and as I walked in, the first thing she said to me was, “you’ve seen an apparition, haven’t you” She told to look into it but I never did and left that area a few years later. But I do know that the gardens used to be allotments many years ago, so maybe someone was there on their allotment and maybe passed.

• Deleted User 31st March 2021 at 9:28 am

My brother and I found out we had seen the same spirit or ghost when we were children. We were talking about 6 years ago and were astonished to find we had had these experiences. My parents were military and were stationed in Hanover, Germany in the 1950’s where my brother and I were born. We were about 3 or 4 years old when my brother woke one night to see a woman sitting at the end of our beds. He turned over and went back to sleep. In the morning he asked who the lady baby sitter had been and my parents said there was only a soldier sitting downstairs, no lady in the house. I was talking to this lady on the stairs one morning when my mother asked what I was doing. I turned and replied to mum but when I turned back the lady had gone. We both felt she was looking out for us and we still think that. There was something about that house and there were swastika’s on the bed linen when my parents moved there. The linen was soon replaced by the military!

• Chris S 4th April 2021 at 8:41 pm

I’ve only ever seen a ghost once in my life, and that was of a much loved pet dog who had recently died. I’m convinced that she came back to say goodbye to me.

Add