Home Forums Local Groups England Kent I am thinking of getting a small dog would love a...

Merton Posted 1 year ago
I am thinking of getting a small dog would love a westie Whats the best way to go about it? Thanks
2 likes & 4 replies
    • ArtyFartyAngie 23rd January 2021 at 2:58 pm

Hi. My personal feeling is to see if a rescue centre has one. If you have a rescue dog there is a good chance the puppy training has already been done and often the rescue centre will have observed the dog to see how it behaves and interacts with adults, children and other animals. Then they know which is the best type of adoptee to settle the dog with. Also, small dogs often come up for adoption when their owners have passed away, so all they want is someone to love them and to feel secure again.

Personally, I hate the idea of breeding pups just so people can earn cash. If you buy a pup you have to find all of the above out on your own.

Good luck. And please post a photo when you find your perfect little companion x

• NeilP 23rd January 2021 at 4:45 pm

Kennel club for registered breeder.

• Deleted User 24th January 2021 at 3:42 pm

Totally agree, if you visit a rescue center you’re sure to find as much love waiting for you as you will receive from a dog that will cost £1000 or more. Do visit a center or two before deciding. Good luck.

• ArtyFartyAngie 24th January 2021 at 5:42 pm

I’m not sure where in Kent you are, but there is an absolutely fantastic team at Happy Endings Rescue in Well Lane, Faversham

Add