Home Forums Loneliness I am new to the area and feeling quite isolated.

Jules26 Posted 2 years ago
I am new to the area and feeling quite isolated.
7 likes & 27 replies
    • Colin 4th December 2020 at 3:05 pm

Hello Jules
      There are many lonely people around and as thigs are we cannot get out to meet anybody
      You do not say what part of the country you live in
      I’m in Hereford and quite happy to correspond if you wish to write
      Colin

• Deleted User 4th December 2020 at 4:11 pm

Where abouts are you? I’m in suffolk, this time of year can be quite lonely, but remember you’re not alone in feeling the way you do, have you no family or friends you could facetime or phone?

• Birdlife 4th December 2020 at 9:03 pm

I’ve just moved to a new area and don’t know anyone. I’ve started volunteer work to help meet new people

• Kay Reeve 5th December 2020 at 8:21 am

I was faced with being alone for the first time and joined this community, but when lockdown2 added to it, I decided I have a choice. To cry every night, or get online and do something. I did a Live talk every evening on Mental Health Awareness, and invited guest speakers. It was like volunteering from home and some night’s were talking to old friends while others were talking to brand new connections. I’m now going to continue it once a week. Is there anything you could talk about on social media such as a hobby or skillset, to connect with and inspire others? Even reading short stories to grandchildren and sharing the audios or videos privately.

• Maria Writes 5th December 2020 at 9:19 am

Hello Jules, What sort of things do you like doing? I’ve not long joined this forum (a few days ago) but I’ve gone to a few of the groups on the right of the screen in the dark section and picked out things that interest me such as photography and health etc and I have tried to make conversations with people and had responses.

If you don’t have any hobbies or pastimes, perhaps now is the time to start something and you’ll be able to ask questions of group members with an interest.

If you are new to the area, why not put a shout out to meet up for a walk and get to know your area? Walking is brilliant for your mental health too.

Or if you are a book lover, perhaps there is a book group – I haven’t got that far with my explorations yet but it’s something I’d like to get involved in one day.

My tip is to ask questions – it starts conversations and join in with conversations as it gets easier with time and practice.

You’re here now, amongst friends and we’re all in this together.

Take care.

• Jules26 5th December 2020 at 9:23 am

Thank you for your reply. My hobbies are music, movies tennis ice hockey. Take care

• Maria Writes 5th December 2020 at 12:56 pm

I’m sure there will be lots to talk about there.
          Maybe see you over on the movie forum – I miss going to the cinema but not as much as I thought I would…life is very strange.

• SueAnn 18th December 2020 at 8:23 am

Were are you from? if ou need to talk ..i am here

• Philly 23rd January 2021 at 11:15 am

I’m in Essex and like everyone else it gets lonely. Miss going out so much to my dance fitsteps. Meeting friends and family, I go for a walk each day makes you feel much better. I’ve taking up knitting. finding it very therapeutic. Feel free to chat anytime take care.

• Jules26 23rd January 2021 at 3:10 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I try to go for a walk every day but the weather isn’t good at the moment. I love music , movies, tennis ice hockey. I like traveling and reading. I really miss not going to concerts and movies. Take care Julie.

• Philly 24th January 2021 at 3:33 pm

Has any one got snow, was hoping to have a nice covering this morning, but none here in my part of Essex just rain so no walks today just very cold. My sister lives in Surrey where they got lots, sent some lovely pictures some of her daughters horses rolling in it.

• Jules26 24th January 2021 at 4:47 pm

Hi there yes we ‘ve had lots of snow here in Stoke. I can’t remember it ever being weather like this. I always get scared about going out in the snow!. Take care.

• Deleted User 25th January 2021 at 9:31 pm

Hi Jules 👋 I moved just before this lockdown ive spent most of my time in the house since February last year barely seeing my family so I moved to be nearer and lockdown again so loneliness again and isolation its hard I am sheilding so I am finding it hard.

• KayDanceStyleSparkle 26th January 2021 at 1:03 pm

Happy Tuesday, Lovely “rest less” Peeps”!

I hope everyone is well.

I’m busy planning this week’s dance classes for our “rest less” community. Such fun on an otherwise dull, damp Tuesday! We’ve made new friends; lovely way to feel part of a group and not so isolated/lonely.

😊

• esther.bray23 27th January 2021 at 5:16 pm

Which part of the country do you live?

• Jules26 27th January 2021 at 8:27 pm

Stoke on Trent Staffordshire.

• behindmyeyes 28th January 2021 at 10:01 am

Hi Jules26

• Jules26 28th January 2021 at 10:12 am

Hi there how are you?.

• Deleted User 13th February 2021 at 12:04 am

Hi Jules,
      I’m a long way away from you, I’m in Central Scotland but I’m always up for a chat.
      We could start by comparing our retail experiences as I worked in retail for a long time.
      Take care

• Jules26 13th February 2021 at 9:39 am

Hi Scotlad, many thanks for your reply it’s kind of you. I have worked in a bookshop and fashion shops. How about you?. Take care Julie.

Add