Home Forums Women’s Health HRT

cazzygayle Posted 2 years ago
HRT

I have had great success with my HRT. It has given me back my life.

2 likes & 16 replies
    • Anonymous User (no longer active) 17th November 2020 at 8:13 am

Hi there.  I’ve never taken hrt but I’m now 60 and feel quite miserable and seem to moan/nag a lot does anyone think hrt will help or am I just getting old and moany now I’m 60 ……

• loislane 3rd December 2020 at 10:13 pm

You would have to have a consultation with your doctor on that one. Im miserable but due to life itself at the moment and I’m 58.

• mel 17th November 2020 at 8:55 am

So glad to hear it’s worked for you. Do you mind me asking what age you started taking it? Do you plan to come off it eventually or stay on it indefinitely? It’s something I know has worked really well for other people, but I think if I was to go on HRT my worry would be what happens when you stop taking it.

• Sandyg 21st January 2021 at 10:30 am

Do not ever continue HRT beyond 5 years or so..it has a high risk factor for Stroke…my mum was never reviewed,…left on HRT for 2 decades. she ended up a vegetable for 8 years until her death,

due to a series of strokes.

I’m certain the HRT was the cause.

• mel 21st January 2021 at 10:42 am

I’m so very sorry to hear that, heart-breaking. Thank you for your response.

• capri888 8th May 2021 at 8:49 pm

Sorry to hear this Sandy , so sad. back then they were not aware of risks but I have already been told that cannot stay on it for more than 5 years. I intend on using it for a Year or so Maximum

• CazH 17th November 2020 at 4:49 pm

I started taking HRT at 52. Only typical menopause symptom was the occasional hot flush. HRT suggested as I had chronic joint pain in hips, back and elbows and it worked perfectly for me. However about 6 months ago I started to get breast pain, depression,anxiety and had anger and intolerance issues so doctor suggested I should try not taking HRT. 3 months on and never felt better so hopefully won’t need it again.

• loislane 3rd December 2020 at 10:11 pm

I had to come off HRT a few weeks ago, I had been taking since June 2017 as my symptoms of flushes etc got worse. However, a change in the pills to a different brand lead to thickening of the womb lining and so I’ve come off them as I am now 58. Still getting the hot sweats at night but coping so far.

• capri888 8th May 2021 at 8:52 pm

This is so interesting as I did not realise that my joint pain may be down to menopause! My elbows hurt, I have arthritis in fingers and big toes, also pain at base of my spine. How long were you on HRT for before stopping . I am giving it a go soon ?

• CazH 9th May 2021 at 2:37 pm

I took HRT for about 2years. My joint pain went away completely within 2-3weeks on it. I did not realise menopause could cause such pain until my GP suggested HRT!
          Hope it works for you too.

• Julie67 21st January 2021 at 5:47 pm

I started using HRT patches two and a half years ago and had good results until about six months ago when the site where the patches were became red and itchy. Not sure if the manufacturers had changed the adhesive. Anyway, my GP suggested I should wean myself off them so I’ve switched to a low dose tablet, so far so good! HRT has definitely helped with my symptoms.

• Deleted User 6th March 2021 at 1:21 pm

I started HRT in September after 7 years of perimenopausal symptoms. My doctor refused to prescribe it as won’t prescribe until 12 months after no periods. Within 24 hours of starting it, my life was transformed. For me it’s means I can carry on with my job, I can walk the dog again and hold a conversation without forgetting my words mid-sentence. I had to pay privately but hoping my doctor will continue to prescribe now.
      I really did my research before going on it.

• capri888 8th May 2021 at 8:54 pm

WOw that seems so wrong that you had to go private for this ! Seems to be so inconsistent. I have never been told that I have to wait until in ‘Menopause’. It is peri Menopause where these take place no?

• Deleted User 8th May 2021 at 9:04 pm

For me I have needed HRT in perimenopause.. unfortunately my GP surgery still believe that HRT causes breast cancer and will not prescribe until my blood tests show that I need it. Of course this is against NICE guidelines but they wouldn’t budge.
          Because I can no longer afford to pay privately I am going to try again, I’m not sure I can be bothered to fight.

• Grenouille 7th March 2021 at 7:53 am

I really believe that it’s a case by case issue. We all have different reactions and these change over time. You will hear horror stories, success stories and everything in the middle. My advice would be, if you’re unhappy with how you are feeling right now, to consult a doctor, discuss pros and cons, try it if you think that it may improve your present wellbeing, and expect to have to adjust it or perhaps come off it at some point. Science is not perfect, it evolves and medication as well as opinion and findings also change with time.

• Hillary 11th May 2021 at 5:04 pm

Hi
      I have a Facebook Group ‘PAUSE the MenoPAUSE’ which you might all like to join.

It is still quite new and we have 400+ members who are still in the ‘rapport’ building phase – getting to know each other. It’s turning out to be a great community already!

I plan to have guest speakers come and talk to us about all things menopausal…

I’d love to see you there.

Hillary x
      http://www.facebook.com/groups/pausethemenopause

Add