Home Forums New Member Introductions hope to make some friends

Sunset Posted 3 months ago
hope to make some friends

Hi my name is Pamela and I am new to this site, at the moment I live in Wiltshire near Chippenham but am still hoping to one day go back home to South Somerset where I was born, I retired some time ago and although in my later years still feel very young at heart. I love nature, the coast & Tai Chi, would love to hear from anyone for a chat.

3 likes & 26 replies
    • Bakingbree 24th October 2021 at 11:37 am

Hi Pamela. Welcome and lovely to see you here. I’m Brigitte and just up the M4 in Swindon but hoping to move to Penzance in a few years time. I’ve not long joined this site and really enjoying it. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. x

• Sunset 24th October 2021 at 11:57 am

Oh Penzance how great for you. I lived in Plymouth and my Dad was Devonshire, all a bit different to Swindon. I moved to Wootton Bassett from back home and have to say it was the worst thing I ever did as I have never been happy in Wiltshire, I miss the coast more than anything. xx

• Bakingbree 24th October 2021 at 1:32 pm

I bet you do. I need my seaside fix every few months. I’m off to Penzance on my own for a couple of days tomorrow. I’ve made friends through Instagram down there and will meet up with them. It feels like my second home when I’m there. I have to admit that I’ve never considered Swindon as home. I originally come from Bristol.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 24th October 2021 at 11:39 am

Hello from Southampton.

• Mad Ralph 24th October 2021 at 1:36 pm

Hi Pamela, welcome along to restless. 👍

• Brig99 24th October 2021 at 2:18 pm

Hi and welcome. My name is Brigitte too. Do you have French connections as it’s spelled the french way?

• Catwoman 24th October 2021 at 2:31 pm

Hello and welcome

• LeighS 24th October 2021 at 7:23 pm

Hello Pamela, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. As you can see there are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends. There is also a local section if you are seeking contacts in your locality. It is:

https://community.restless.co.uk/local-groups/

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Sunset 25th October 2021 at 9:05 am

Hi Leigh Nice to hear from you, I am having problems signing in, it says I need to put my full e mail address which I do then says its wrong so I try and set up again and it says I have an account. I have gone through the process of saying I have forgotten my password/email but don’t get a reply back so not sure what is going on. ??

• Wunderwoman 24th October 2021 at 7:50 pm

Hi Pamela, and welcome from North Dorset.

• Sunset 25th October 2021 at 9:07 am

Hi Thank you for the welcome, lovely to hear from you. Dorset is a beautiful County, I have spent many happy hours around Swanage, Weymouth, West Bay etc and love the Dorset coast.

• NeilB 24th October 2021 at 9:13 pm

Hi Pamela, I’ve found Rest Less to be a breath of fresh air compared to Facebook etc. I know what you mean about the coast – originally from Portsmouth, I miss the sea still, having lived in Berks/N.E. Hants for many years. I was working in Corsham for the last 6 years until I retired but don’t know the area too well having commuted in and out to Chippenham (although I got to know the Chippenham taxi drivers well!).
      Hope you like it here in Rest Lest world.

• Sunset 25th October 2021 at 9:02 am

Hi Neil Nice to hear from you, I lived in Gosport for a few years with my late Husband who was in the Navy, loved it down there, then went back home to Crewkerne with my 3 year old and bad mistake moved to Wiltshire when she was eleven for the sake of a good job offer. Am loving being on this site.

• Staying Alive 24th October 2021 at 9:46 pm

Hi Pamela. I used to live in North Swindon, Oakhurst. Moved to Somerset two years ago. Don’t regret it one bit.

• Sunset 25th October 2021 at 8:58 am

Hi I bet you don’t regret it as Swindon is not the place it used to be, I am desperate to go back home to Somerset but am having Immunotherapy for Cancer & may not be able to get my treatment back there so feel pretty stuck at the moment.

• Staying Alive 25th October 2021 at 3:05 pm

Hi yes Swindon was beginning to go down hill when we moved out.
          I very sorry to hear that you have Cancer and are waiting for treatment I hope all goes well for you.
          I know that the health service in Somerset is Pretty good.

• Sunset 25th October 2021 at 3:35 pm

Yes it is much better than the service here that’s for sure.

• Brummie Boy 24th October 2021 at 10:02 pm

Hi Pamela, welcome to the community from Bob in West Mids👋

• Gloriabobbysocks 26th October 2021 at 12:08 pm

Hello Pamela. Messaging you from the North East.

• Sunset 26th October 2021 at 4:33 pm

Thank you Gloria nice to hear from you.

• Dianna 26th October 2021 at 11:02 pm

Hi Pamela….and welcome from South Devon 😊

• Sunset 27th October 2021 at 9:22 am

Hi Dianna Thank you for your message, South Devon wonderful, you have made me feel homesick, I was born on the Somerset Devon border & my Dad was from Crediton, I lived in Plymouth for quite a long time & my Parents gad a summer place @ Ladram Bay. I get so home sick as I don’t like Wiltshire at all and of course miss the coast like mad. Nice to hear from you. 😀

Add