Home Forums Travel Holidays in the UK.

adeliza0165 Posted 5 months ago
Holidays in the UK.

Due to restrictions travelling abroad, we’re settling for a nice holiday in Cornwall. I love the beaches down there.
If you’re holidaying in the uk, where are you going to and why have you chosen to go there?

5 likes & 89 replies
    • Grace Fu 5th July 2021 at 8:04 am

Just back from a mini break in Kent with my grown up daughter and son in law and son. We visited Canterbury and saw an exhibition on Thomas Beckett, very interesting. Stayed in Broadstairs and visited Ramsgate and Margate and Whitstable. Amazing break🥰👍

• Sue V 5th July 2021 at 4:53 pm

We did Torquay at end of May, busy but very nice.

• adeliza0165 5th July 2021 at 5:21 pm

There’s a lovely ambience about Torquay. Went there years ago with children. Good memories 😊

• Whittler 17th September 2021 at 6:58 am

We live near Torquay, avoid the place in July /August. We escaped to New Milton in Hants this year, lovely beach right on the doorstep as well as the New Forest and surrounding lovely towns.

• Ms Dee 5th July 2021 at 5:15 pm

I will be going away to Glastonbury for 3 days and I am looking forward to it very much. I don’t normally take holiday here.

• VFP 5th July 2021 at 6:09 pm

I’m going to Center Parcs Sherwood Forest with my kids/grandkids in the autumn for a few days. It will be great to be with everyone without having to think about dishes and laundry! 😁

• CT 19th September 2021 at 9:26 am

When my kids were small we went every year. Always found it the most restful of holidays as the kids were kept busy. Sometimes they’d take a friend each and we’d travel in two cars. They’d take it in turns to cook in pairs, just easy things that go in the oven, then eat in one of the restaurants on the last night. I have great memories of those holidays. It’s my 60th birthday next year and I had thought it would be nice to go as a family now I have a couple of grandkids, but it seems a lot more expensive now and we’d need a big villa.

• AMW 5th July 2021 at 8:46 pm

I live in Pembrokeshire and feel very lucky to have access to a stunning coastline. I will also be venturing further afield to London, Cardiff and Scotland to see my friends who I haven’t seen for ages!

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 5th July 2021 at 10:16 pm

Great choice but I’m biased. Kernow bys vyken 🙂

• Oracle06 7th July 2021 at 9:32 pm

Off to Suffolk in September, staying in and old dairy looking forward to a week of exploring the area as we have only ever been to Southwold for day trips.

• stevev 8th July 2021 at 7:36 am

I posted earlier in this thread about a lovely week we had on the Yorkshire coast. I’ve just booked another UK break. This time it’s a seaside break in Kent. Most times I’ve been there it’s been rushing to Dover for a ferry so I thought it deserved a proper look. We’re staying in Herne Bay, which means visits to Whitstable (oysters!) and planning a coastal drive to Margate, Broadstairs (there’s a really nice looking beach called Botany Bay – hope our dog will be allowed to run there) finishing in Deal with its castle. Hope to spend half a day in Canterbury and either Hever Castle or Leeds Castle. The return journey down to Plymouth we’ll do along the south coast taking in Rye and Dungeness. Plenty to see.

• Brighton Belle 8th July 2021 at 10:09 am

I like my creature comforts prefer holidays in hotter climates visited most places in UK Plus weather never hot enough for me in UK even when suns out…

• Shirlann 8th July 2021 at 10:36 am

Got a week booked for Devon end of august 🙃hopefully weather might of improved!

• Nirupa 8th July 2021 at 7:11 pm

We are planning Scotland for short break this year and hoping it’s going to be warm.

• Julia k51 8th July 2021 at 8:20 pm

Hi, we are heading to Middlewich in Cheshire for a week in August. It is a cottage on a working farm, something really different for us.

• The cake lady 8th July 2021 at 8:28 pm

I’m going to the Lake District. There is a steam train journey there which is a lovely day out , they have an amazing zoo and castle. The scenery is just so beautiful. I go for 2 weeks every year.

• RLel 8th July 2021 at 8:57 pm

We recently had 3 weeks camping in Cornwall, love the place. 2 weeks later and we’re in Wales for a week. We love the peace and quiet of the campsite we stay on, right out in the countryside

• adeliza0165 8th July 2021 at 9:08 pm

That’s really nice. i love Wales. Next month we’re going down to
        Cornwall for a week. Looking forward to it. Are there any places that you would recommend visiting down there?

• RLel 8th July 2021 at 9:58 pm

We love Mevagissey, it’s got a lovely harbour. If you like walking, Sennen Cove has a 1 1/2 mile walk along the cliffs to Lands End. That’s lovely too. Lost Gardens of Heligan, near Mevagissey, is another great place, if you like that sort of thing. Enjoy when you go. I could go 2 or 3 times a year!

• Compass 360 8th July 2021 at 9:13 pm

Camping in Shropshire and then Milford on sea Hampshire 😀

• Linda T 8th July 2021 at 9:54 pm

Love south Devon our favourite place. Shaldon and Teignmouth is where we have a static caravan with lovely views of Dartmoor in the distance plus green fields & river views. There is a train track ferrying happy passengers to and fro. Sheep in the fields, birds twittering in the trees, seagulls flying overhead what’s not to love. Beach close by and good walks enjoying nature at it’s best. Love it all.

• Dh 8th July 2021 at 10:12 pm

Just did North coast 500 in Scotland and were really lucky with the weather. Stayed a different place every night and was a great road trip! Also saw deer and sheep and fabulous birdlife, amazing beaches, stunning scenery , got a bit lost snd had to travel miles out of our way to get fuel as we were in the middle of nowhere . A great place to forget there ever was a pandemic! Also Ben Nevis area was stunning ! But rainy. Some great castles including Dunrobin and Balmorel on the east side. Even ferries up to Shetland’s or Orkney’s. Fabulous accommodation and food! I’ve always found Cornwall expensive and busy. Each to their own . Good luck! Also Northumberland is amazing for beaches and scenery and walking . And north Norfolk coast!

• Wills 8th July 2021 at 10:35 pm

Just been to the Norfolk Broads and loved it so much that we’re thinking of going again next year. We hired a cruiser with 2 of our friends and our dog. It’s a very relaxed pace, lovely scenary and it’s great to moor up at a pub for the night and have a meal then climb back onto the boat.

• adeliza0165 9th July 2021 at 6:11 am

That sounds lovely – Norfolk has some stunning beaches such as holkham, wells next the sea and old Hunstanton – love it there and it’s not too far.

• stevev 11th July 2021 at 10:11 am

With you on Norfolk. It seems to be one of the unsung gems of our islands. I had a lovely stay in North Norfolk last September. I was bemoaning the fact that we couldn’t go to France and would miss seeing those fields of sunflowers.. Guess what, there were sunflower fields everywhere and lavender too. The beaches are amazing, we had wonderful weather and there was so much to see and do. Loved seeing the seals at Blakeney Point and also Horsey beach. Would definitely recommend it.

• Joliv1202 8th July 2021 at 11:15 pm

Just come back from Cornwall, stayed in St Merryn in a lovely b&b. There are great beaches around that area too.

• Margaret B 9th July 2021 at 8:30 am

Going with two friends to Lytham St Annes in September for a short break.

• Ms Dee 9th July 2021 at 12:52 pm

Hi, I am going to Glastonbury for 3 days in September, really like it there. I am looking forward to it

• Yorkshire traveller 12th September 2021 at 10:17 pm

Went down there 3 weeks ago it was heaving , st Ives and newquay in particular , most places don’t accept money and pubs etc table service ..but the weather ohh the weather it was scorching ! ..enjoy

• Guy 14th September 2021 at 7:24 pm

Everyone goes to Cornwall, so I live in Devon and went to kent, had a fantastic holiday on Romany Marsh.

• Sue22 16th September 2021 at 7:07 pm

Hi. I live in Truro, Cornwall. I am from Yorkshire. Love both these places. X

• CT 16th September 2021 at 7:12 pm

I did manage a month in Spain in June but mostly cleaning and tidying. During the pandemic my brother decided to buy a campervan, so off to the Gower in South Wales to give it a try next week, then a trip to Devon in October. Looking forward to sampling the campervan life. Hoping to get another month in Spain in November all being well.

• Countrywalker 16th September 2021 at 9:53 pm

I went to the Yorkshire Dales for the first time a month ago, near Leyburn, and thought it was great round there (apart from some of the driving on the smaller roads – single lane, walls on either side, blind bends/summits and 1 in 4 slope!). I spent a couple of days in Matlock recently – some fantastic walking in the Peak district and I am due to visit Skegness in a couple of weeks.

• Optimistic 19th September 2021 at 7:14 am

Going on a 9day luxury train journey in Scotland the scenery there is breath taking

• Margaret B 19th September 2021 at 10:24 am

Just got back from a short break in Lytham St Anne’s, lovely and flat for walking, great weather and lovely friendly people

• Mrs P 19th September 2021 at 10:29 am

North Wales for the mountains and then Cotswolds for the 1st to explore.

• Stroudgirl 10th October 2021 at 8:15 am

Just back from walking in the Ironbridge Gorge, so much history, so beautiful 😊👍

Add