Home Forums Local Groups England London Hi there london, I’ve been in the group now for...

Dermac Posted 1 year ago
Hi there london, I’ve been in the group now for about 5 weeks, and it seems to be the same all the time, maybe iam doing something wrong, but I’d like to know, since I’ve joined , it’s made me feel worse?

Giving my aunties garden a make over, all Iam looking for is a couple of pals, male or female any age, any nationality, any height, fat slim, it doesn’t matter to me, as long as your genuine👍

14 replies
    • Deleted User 12th February 2021 at 11:42 pm

Hi, I finding it a bit like that as well.
      I dont think you are doing anything wrong.

I think you really need to start up specific conversation topics to get a lot of interaction.
      I’m not great at starting conversations online.

I hope you will feel a bit better knowing it’s not just you.

I will persevere a bit longer.
      Take care

• Dermac 13th February 2021 at 12:01 am

Hi there scotlad, it was great to hear from you, and that Iam not the only one that finds it hard, in meeting people, I’ve even tried to unsubscribe, as just , maybe I’ve no patience, ive lived and worked in london for 30 years, engineering on the underground, i took early retirement, after an accident, and haven’t worked since, 2004 looked after my mother, till she passed away,up in scotland. Came back to london, my ex had an affair with a so called best mate, so now iam on my own, and before this virus, everything was looking good,but lockdown is doing my nut in,thanks for writing, really appreciate it, if you keep in touch, that would be 👍

• Andy Paddles 13th February 2021 at 1:21 am

Hi Dermac,

Welcome.

I’ve found this site to be a pretty friendly place – lots of nice folk and usually something interesting to read or discuss.

I tend to think of it like being in a decent pub (ah the pub!) lots of chat going on – if a conversation catches your attention, just join in!

Sit back, relax, enjoy and contribute to the craic. There’s usually someone who’ll chat back.

• Dermac 13th February 2021 at 1:33 am

Hi andy, thanks for the text, really grateful, and thanks for the advice, and for taking the time to reply,ive never joined any type of groups before, never really had to, as ive never felt lonely before, as i always had someone in my life, thats almost two years now, people say you get use to it, but i dont want to get use to it, iam joining the dating, and let you know how I get on, thanks again, are you in london?

• Andy Paddles 13th February 2021 at 1:38 am

Good luck with the dating site Dermac – hope it works out for you.

As for London, nah mate, I couldn’t be much further away and still be in England, I’m in Cumbria!

• Deleted User 13th February 2021 at 3:24 pm

Sounds like you have had a tough time in recent years.
          Hopefully things will get better for you once lockdown is over.

Sounds like your due some good luck , here’s hoping it comes soon.
          Keep in touch .

• Dermac 13th February 2021 at 3:35 pm

Hi,good to hear from you, as you said this lockdown, is hard on everyone, things can only get better👍Definitely Keep in touch

• Blauro 13th February 2021 at 6:02 pm

Hi Dermac,
      I hope you give this site a little more time, the people on here are genuinely friendly. I’m sure you will eventually find it a useful way of connecting with other people.
      Whereabouts in London are you? I originally come from Edmonton in North London but I now live in Cambridge. I get back to meet up with a few friends quite regularly, well it used to be quite regularly. Now it’s just down to zoom meetings.
      Who’s is that in the picture with you?

• Dermac 13th February 2021 at 6:28 pm

Hi , great to hear from you, Iam in hackney just off mare st, find hackney ok. As you said just give it time, and the people are friendly, once the lockdown is over, and we get back to something like normality, then it will be better, thanks for writing, really appreciate it, the dog belonged to my neighbors, but it’s away now, called angel , I’ve always liked dogs and have always had one in the family, thanks again👍

• Deleted User 13th February 2021 at 7:45 pm

Hi Dermac,
      I’ve just joined the group and probably wouldn’t have done so had it not been for lockdown. I too have come out of a relationship it takes some adjusting, I’m still trying to get there.
      If you keep posting things you’ll keep the momentum of communication and it seems the people here like to chat.
      I’v stopped going on Facebook so this is a welcome change.
      We will get through this eventually, keep in touch,
      Clare

• Dermac 14th February 2021 at 12:16 am

Thanks Clare, really great to hear from you, since I joined about 5 weeks ago, I’ve found it a bit slow, maybe Iam just impatient ,a few guys have replied, giving me advice, which I appreciate, I started to join the dating site, but I find they ask to many questions, find them so nosey lol so I’ve just left it, about 3/4 filled . Never been on a dating site before, Hope iam not to late, as I just noticed, it’s the back of 12, (Valentine’s Day) please keep in touch, and tell me your life story and I’ll tell you mine, hope to hear from you soon, and have a happy Valentine’s Day, nite nite ❤️👍

• Deleted User 14th February 2021 at 1:43 pm

Hi Dermac,
      I’m a nurse and have been for around 27 years, I work full time.I have a daughter in uni and a son who is 15. I’ve had my vaccine at the end of December and waiting for the second one in March. I’m not sure I would venture into dating apps, probably a lot of married people in them!
      Looking forward to the summer, this cold weather doesn’t agree with me. I keep chickens- have four with very unusual names! I love kayaking camping and outdoorsy things.
      What about you?
      Clare

• Dermac 14th February 2021 at 5:23 pm

Well Clare, Iam 64 years young, never married, no children, and retired now for a few years , you’re a nurse, no doubt it’s been very hard for you this past year, let’s hope it gets back to some kind of normality soon, so you have chickens, that sounds good fun, I live in the heart of London, and couldn’t imagine having chickens, so many foxes about at night, iam really not the outdoors type of a guy, with me its football, I love to travel to where it’s hot, as it’s freezing here, roll on the summer yippie

• Deleted User 14th February 2021 at 7:09 pm

A hot place sounds good as it’s freezing every day- where are you wanting to go?
          I’ve got my sights on Thailand Bali, been to a lot of countries and I love Greece and Italy, there are so many places to visit.
          What work did you do before you retired?

Add