Home Forums Health Hi there, I’m new here so came to say hello,...

Deleted User Posted 2 years ago
Hi there, I’m new here so came to say hello, I but would also like to ask for a recommendation of a multi vitamin for women over 50, and thanks
4 likes & 6 replies
    • Deleted User 31st December 2020 at 9:39 pm

I would advise against taking a multivitamin. There have been several studies over the years which show an increase in cancer in people who take supplements, especially A, C and E. There was a good documentary on BBC, i think with Michael Moseley, a couple of years ago, looking at the vitamin industry and how unnecessary and possibly harmful they are. Athletes had found that taking certain supplements actually decreased their performance. We dont need our immune system boosted, our body carefully regulates it. A boosted immune system means inflammation and allergies. No vitamin company can make any claim about their product because it isnt true, all they are allowed to say is ‘may help’. By all means take vitamin d, which many of us are deficient in, and b12 if u r vegan. A healthy diet for a good gut microbiome should be what you aim for. 7 portions of veg and fruit a day and lots of fibre. See Nutrition Facts online. A not for profit charity aimed at promoting good health by Dr Michael Gregor

• Deleted User 1st January 2021 at 1:23 am

I would disagree with you here – I take a multi vitamin and I buy from Life Extension online. If you believe Vit D and Vit B12 help, why not believe a multi vit helps? People may not always get enough of the right foods for various reasons, so I would say a multi Vit does help.

• Sandy64 31st December 2020 at 10:02 pm

I take Tescos own brand A-Z vitamins and all my blood tests have come back normal

• Becks68 31st December 2020 at 10:55 pm

The only Vitamrn I take is D. I really focus on what I eat and look after myself. My sister is a nutritionist and menopause health coach if you need some help.

• TmonT 1st January 2021 at 1:24 am

Gin an tonic 👍 never fails to boost you up 😂

• Yogi 1st January 2021 at 8:48 am

Nutrients are best absorbed with good quality, decent food. Try adding kefir to your diet for a healthy gut 💓

Add