Home Forums Local Groups England Kent Hi there I’m from Cape Town South Africa moving...

Denise6 Posted 1 year ago
Hi there I’m from Cape Town South Africa moving to Canterbury, any other n the area
1 like & 9 replies
    • Gaetano 26th May 2021 at 3:15 pm

Hi Denise,

Thank you so much for joining Rest Less and welcome!

I’m Gaetano, I look after the customer service operations at Rest Less and available to answer any questions you may have about it.

This is the perfect place to make new friends, simply participate in any of the conversations that you may find of interest and you will see how easy it is to start new friendship.

Thank you again and happy posting!

• SouthernSoftie 27th May 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hi Denise
      Welcome to Canterbury and Kent.
      I was living in Chartham for 20 years and moved last August to a village near Sandwich so closer to the coast.
      I love SA and have visited Cape Town a couple of times work and play.
      Hope you enjoy your new home. Plenty to do in the area and hopefully now things are opening up you can explore. It will feel like you are on a permanent holiday hopefully.
      Christine

• S_usan 13th June 2021 at 10:29 am

Hi there. I just recently moved back from Africa and I live in Sandwich. Would love to make new friends in the area. Are you interested in showing me around?

• SouthernSoftie 13th June 2021 at 11:22 am

Hi Susan
          I moved here last August and know the area quite well.
          Happy to meet up for a tea and can show you round.
          or at least give you a heads up about the area. Lived near Canterbury for 20 years.
          I have joined the Bowls club in Sandwich and also volunteer sometimes in St Peters Church.
          I have a few things going on this week including Dentist, trip to Essex
          But hopefully we can meet soon
          Christine

• S_usan 13th June 2021 at 11:39 am

That would be lovely Christine. Thanks for the offer. I am intrigued by bowls too. I have done a lot of ten pin bowling and a little Petanque so I’d be interested to compare. I have the whole summer ahead of me so please do get in touch again when your calendar is a little more open. All the best.

• SouthernSoftie 13th June 2021 at 11:41 am

Hi again
          I will send you a direct message as don’t want to bore others.
          The Bowls is a great idea, I joined recently on my own and they are very friendly and all ages.

• SouthernSoftie 14th June 2021 at 11:30 pm

HI Susan
          do you get the Sandwich times delivered to your house? If so it will have details about this sunday at the Bowls club, inviting people to an open day. I could come along sunday too and meet you if you fancy.. I can send you details?

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th May 2021 at 6:41 pm

Hi Denise.

I live in Whitstable – 6miles from Canterbury town centre. Hope you settle in to your new home well. I work weekdays, but coffee one Saturday or Sunday might be good (although weekends are busy in June)… Gill

Add