Home Forums Bereavement Hi my names Ann.I lost my husband 4days before Chr...

Necz Posted 3 months ago
Hi my names Ann.I lost my husband 4days before Christmas last year it was sudden and very traumatic He died from anafalactic shock .I have had a lot to deal with over the last few months and has left me totally drained
1 like & 9 replies
    • goldfish63 15th September 2021 at 10:27 am

Oh my that is sad happening over Christmas and I guess Christmas will never be the same for you, stay strong and keep busy, enjoy the support from friends and family and try and stay positive, it never goes away and gets better in time, early days for you yet and if you have other issues to deal with too, remember your husband would not want you to give up and that life is for the living! take care and hope that helps 🙂

• Necz 15th September 2021 at 10:45 am

Thank you .Yes all very hard losing him has been hard enough but the way some of the thingsI have had to sort has made it a lot worse Two medical negligence cases and sorting his pensions what a nightmare that has been .I know it’s going to take time and am trying to stay positive .Thank you again

• goldfish63 15th September 2021 at 10:52 am

Not at all I am here if you need to talk, have you thought about bereavement counselling? the CAB might be able to help and deal with things for you so call them, it might take some pressure off you and you can get on with other things, how are you spending Christmas? try not to be on your own this year as the grief is still raw, yes stay positive, Positive mental attitude and deep breaths when needed, you will get through it slowly,having medical negligence claims going on for ages does not help either but you will get there and see the light at the end of the tunnel 🙂

• Necz 15th September 2021 at 11:10 am

I did have bereavement councilling in the beginning but still numb and hadn’t really hit me .I can go back to them .I am fortunate that I have got family two daughters and four grand children plus some lovely friends and neighbours .I think I am finding it hard at the moment as the grand daughter who lives with me is off to uni at the weekend

• Pam63 16th September 2021 at 3:42 pm

I feel for you Ann, I lost my husband last July. He had cancer diagnosed at stage 4 we got 9 precious months together, I am just starting to feel like living my life again its a bit scary ! Take it one day at a time don’t feel you have to do it all on your own , plenty of support on here if you need it. Take care x

• Necz 16th September 2021 at 4:41 pm

Ah bless you Pam it’s hard isn’t it .I’m feeling worse at the moment but think that’s because I was kept busy in the beginning .I know it will get better and thank you so much for the support .Take care x

• Heartfelt 23rd September 2021 at 10:21 am

I feel so sorry for you as my husband died at the end of December last year. He was in hospital from 8th December and I , because of COVID, was not allowed in to visit. It was the first Christmas we had spent apart in 58 years. It would have been his birthday tomorrow so another hard day to get through. It is so hard to cope without your husband and I hope you can get through every day.

• Necz 23rd September 2021 at 3:54 pm

Hi I am so sorry so sad really feel for you.As I said mine died 4days before Christmas .He actually died on our kitchen floor although they did manage to start his heart again and eventually getting him breathing but unfortunately they said he was brain dead when we got to the hospital so they just let him go.Its all been very hard coming to terms with him dying and all the inquests etc .Things have got worse for me over the last few weeks as my grand daughter who lived with me has gone away to uni.I do still see our daughters and grandchildren but just hate the loneliness.I am thinking of you today as going to be hard am here for you x

• Necz 15th October 2021 at 11:06 am

Hi how is everyone I haven’t been able to comment on here for a few weeks as had problems with my phone. I am really struggling at the moment very low but trying to work through it .Hope you are all OK

Add