Home Forums Arts & Culture Hi, My name is Veronica and I’m a crafter

Craftynan Posted 2 years ago
Hi, My name is Veronica and I’m a crafter

I love arts and crafts, and can mostly be found at my desk in my bedroom surrounded by pens, paper, inks, stamps etc. I make greeting cards, keep a journal, and love working in my anything goes books.

16 likes & 32 replies
    • djcourt 2nd November 2020 at 6:32 pm

Hi Veronica. It sounds as though you’re never bored!  I think if you have a passion for art, there is never any reason to be at a loss for something to do. I am a sculptor and I’ve done more work this year than ever before. Lockdowns have meant no distractions….just time in my studio.

• Ellen Turner 2nd November 2020 at 7:09 pm

Hi, I’m Ellen and I live in Nottingham. it’s nice to meet other creative people. I have painted for years on and off and have recently given up work, so have more time to indulge in arts and crafts, but I’m finding it hard to get going again. I think I need a painting group but of course nothing is running at the moment. I have recently competed a couple of mosaics and a painting of a friend’s cat. I’d like to have a go at cards (previously I’ve painted snow scenes and had them printed as Christmas cards). I love making Christmas decorations and dressing the house for the festive season but things will be a little subdued this year. I also have a hankering to try a sculpture – but probably need to go on a course first.

• Craftynan 15th November 2020 at 8:52 am

I am in two minds to decorate for Christmas as this year has been so downbeat. Also, I’m not sure I can afford Christmas this year.

• Caz4345 21st November 2020 at 12:23 pm

I like the idea of sculpting or pot making but I’d need somewhere to do it. My home isn’t really set up to have a space to do that unfortunately!

• Lisa J 2nd November 2020 at 7:47 pm

Hi Veronica

What do you craft? You don’t know how to knit by any chance, do you? I am keen to learn.

• Craftynan 13th November 2020 at 8:58 am

I make cards, art journal, junk journal and diamond paint, Sorry I don’t knit.

• Mumburt 21st November 2020 at 11:19 am

Hi there are lots of really good videos on you tube that will help you learn to knit. I have learned to crochet this year in lockdown and finished a blanket that looks ok to me!

• Deleted User 11th February 2021 at 5:32 pm

Hi. I am trying to learn to crochet from YouTube videos. I am using Kate. Pollizzi. I have looked at others eg Bella Coco but didn’t get on with them as well. Which videos did you use and what would you recommend please. Thank you for any information

• Marica 14th February 2021 at 8:49 am

I was going to ask the same question, Katie! I wanted a decent learn to crochet video but am unsure where to start

• RKD 14th November 2020 at 1:00 pm

Hiya, I’m also a crafter. I started with recycling Christmas cards, then got into designing stationary (weddings, funerals and other occasions). 18 months ago, I got hooked on making wine glass charms, then expanded into making key rings and handbag charms. Currently, I am making face masks. I’ve made around 200 so far! Who is your favourite craft expert?

• Craftynan 15th November 2020 at 8:50 am

I don’t have a favorite as they are all an inspiration to me. But if I have to pick one it would be The Frugal Crafter, she really helps us who craft on a tight budget.

• Craftynan 22nd November 2020 at 9:43 am

Would you be interested in joining group craft where we could all craft our own thing and chat too? It would be online so every crafter is welcome and we would set a date and time to meet up in Messenger or What’s App, what do you think?

• RKD 22nd November 2020 at 6:57 pm

Hiya. The only things I’m really making at the moment are face masks. I’m also pretty busy with work. But keep me in mind, and if you do set something up, maybe I’ll have a bit more time (hopefully!) after Christmas when I can join in x

• Mumburt 21st November 2020 at 11:21 am

Hi I am heather. I love to make cards, knit , make ATC,s, crochet basic stuff! I used to do beadwork but had eye cancer which has reduced my vision but still enjoy my crafts. I just use brighter colours and bigger needles/ hooks 😊

• Craftynan 22nd November 2020 at 9:41 am

Welcome Heather, I make cards too and I do Art Journaling and Junk Journaling.Sorry to hear you had to suffer that illness but it’s great you kept going anyway. Would you be interested in joining group craft where we could all craft our own thing and chat too? It would be online so every crafter is welcome and we would set a date and time to meet up in Messenger or What’s App, what do you think?

• Caz4345 21st November 2020 at 12:18 pm

Hi! My name is Caroline and I like to journal (I LOVE stationery!!), doodle, crochet (I learnt when I turned 50). I’ve made Christmas cards in the past and made some jewellery and key rings. I’ve just bought some diamond painting kits so am looking forward to giving that a go!

• Craftynan 22nd November 2020 at 9:35 am

Hi Caroline, You will love diamond painting, but watch out for it’s addictive.

• Craftynan 22nd November 2020 at 9:42 am

Would you be interested in joining group craft where we could all craft our own thing and chat too? It would be online so every crafter is welcome and we would set a date and time to meet up in Messenger or What’s App, what do you think?

• Deleted User 22nd November 2020 at 7:56 pm

Hi I’m Marie and I love to art journal, paint, draw, Gelli print, bit rusty but knitting again. Making some cards right now.

• Deleted User 26th November 2020 at 11:28 am

Hi I am Graham or on here Graham23 and enjoy art and craft and normally run a self help art group or that’s what I call it although I do step by step painting for some of the members to do now and again usually pastel or acrylics but of course at the moment we are probably looking at starting back at least Easter time

• Leighla 14th February 2021 at 7:43 pm

Nice to see a crafter like me on here. Enjoy it all.

• Craftynan 15th February 2021 at 2:20 pm

Hi I used to do Diamond Painting but lately, my eyes are having problems seeing the symbols on the canvas and the options aren’t doing eye tests due to lockdown si I’ve taken up adult colouring and any recommendations on books, sites, pencils1 and pens would be great please

• Deleted User 15th February 2021 at 6:02 pm

Lock down project!

Add