Home Forums Men’s Health Hi my name is Colin and I’m involved in developing Men Shed projects for men aged between 40-80 plus. See below for further details, let me know if you would like to get involved in your area.

Add comment

• Hi my name is Colin and I’m involved in developing Men Shed projects for men aged between 40-80 plus. See below for further details, let me know if you would like to get involved in your area.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A MEN’S SHED PROJECT?
    • To improve the health and wellbeing of men!
    HOW DO YOU DO THIS?
    • Provide men with a safe, warm, welcoming place to attend.
    • Provide men with a place to relax, take time out or get involved in an activity or start an activity themselves.
    • There are no expectations for men to do anything while attending the shed.
    Our aim over the next few months is to create a joiners workshop, a pottery class, guitar/banjo lessons, photography group, painting, cooking and many more activities for men. We will be offering computer training, along with talks on internet safety and information fraud. We are always looking for new activities, come in and talk to us if you have some new ideas for activities!
    If you require a more planned and structured programme that requires a teacher, trainer or tutor to help you, we cannot offer this service at the moment and suggest you contact your local college of Further Education! This project is for the men who attend to develop the project further themselves. It is important to remember that this is not a workplace with deadlines and targets to meet. What we offer you is a safe, friendly and welcoming environment with no stress, no pressure and no expectations.  We are also developing  out community allotment for those men  interested in  gardening.  Thanks Colin

Posted by chorleycolin