Home Forums New Member Introductions Hi my name is Babs. I have 4 grandchildren and I a...

Brown sugar Posted 2 months ago
Hi my name is Babs. I have 4 grandchildren and I am now retired. I have an allotment and spend most of my summer picking fruit and veg and making preserves. It’s amazing how much fruit and veg you can produce on a little plot. I’m now looking for something to interest me in the dark winter months.
2 likes & 10 replies
    • LeighS 14th October 2021 at 9:07 pm

Hello Babs, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends. There is also a local section if you are seeking contacts in your locality. It is:

https://community.restless.co.uk/local-groups/

The community has lots of different interest groups which you might like to take a look at.

Can I also suggest that as you don’t have a profile picture, you might want to consider uploading one. It has been observed that profiles with pictures do get more responses.

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Linde 14th October 2021 at 10:22 pm

Hello, Barbara, you sound a very busy person! You will find lots of ideas and interest groups on this site, from History to book club, art and crafts to travel, etc. I am interested in ancestry, geology, languages and bi- lingual education, amongst a few more. So get in touch if you would like to. All the best, Linde

• Brown sugar 14th October 2021 at 10:42 pm

Hi Linde
        You sound very knowledgeable. I would love to be able to speak another language. I know in the Azores portuguese is the language spoken. I really hope i can learn it even at this stage in my life.

• Linde 15th October 2021 at 6:14 am

Dear brown sugar( what is behind that name, I wonder!) we’re you the lady possibly wanting to move to the Azores? As far as Portuguese goes, I am sure you would be able to learn it now. There are quite a few in the learning/ language/ further education group on this site, and the stories they are telling us!
          I am on a Babel Dutch programme at the moment, finding it very well structured and encouraging the learner, with plenty of revision and unlimited access to any lessons already covered, so you can repeat certain topics, and maybe revise at the same time.
          I am pretty sure Portuguese is on offer, but do check. It cost about £30 for the beginners course, and I have had approx. 10 months of tuition out of that, so am quite happy. Anyway, let me know how you get on!
          Other members suggested Duolingo, but I wasn’t that keen on it. All the best , Linde

• Dr Dave 15th October 2021 at 7:27 am

Hello from Bristol

• Linde 15th October 2021 at 7:59 am

Dear Brown sugar, I looked up babbel and they do offer Portuguese, so please give it a go! Best regards, Linde

• Chojo 15th October 2021 at 5:08 pm

Hi Babs, welcome to restless, hope you have fun here.

• Brown sugar 15th October 2021 at 5:28 pm

Thanks 😁

Add