Home Forums Local Groups Scotland South Scotland Hi. Just signed up so not sure he this all works....

TrishS Posted 6 months ago
Hi. Just signed up so not sure he this all works. Just want to say hello for now and wonder if there’s anyone else here in D&G area?
6 likes & 15 replies
    • Deleted User 21st June 2021 at 5:21 pm

Hello and welcome. Just engage with chats and threads or start a thread of your own. 🙂

• Mary A 21st June 2021 at 8:49 pm

Of course we know D & G Trish. It’s the most beautiful place to live in the U K! 😃

• TrishS 22nd June 2021 at 10:55 am

Isn’t it 😃. Too hot for me today though 🥵. Dog walk will have to wait till dusk!! I’m near Annan. You?

• Mary A 23rd June 2021 at 8:22 am

I’m in Dumfries and live just a ten minute walk from the town centre. I used to teach music round all the primary schools in Annan. It’s a very friendly town and I can imagine, a great place to live! Best chippie in the area too! 🤣😂
          Much cooler today thank goodness.

• leo 25th July 2021 at 2:54 am

I used to work in Frood’s the printers and stationary shop in Annan I was there the year decimal currency was introduced.
          Not sure about the chippie I prefer Bruno’s in Dumfries.
          I’m in Heathhall where are you ?

• Heyjude68 22nd June 2021 at 11:07 am

Hi I am just below in Cumbria. Your news is covered in our border news 🙂. Lovely area but you probably suffering tourist influx like us down here in the lakes 🤔

• TrishS 22nd June 2021 at 12:25 pm

Yup. Hoards of camper vans.

• TrishS 22nd June 2021 at 12:26 pm

Is that a husky you have? 💕 🐾

• leo 31st July 2021 at 3:27 am

Hi Heyjude
        Another Beatles fan?
        We could say our border news covers Cumbria .We are both lucky to be able to travel over the border and enjoy beautiful scenery on both sides .
        We do have an influx of tourists but not to the extent of the Lake District , which is where my sister lives .Fortunately away from the main tourist hot spots there’s plenty of quieter places to be visited.

• Heyjude68 22nd June 2021 at 1:46 pm

It’s bandit who now huge but thankfully belongs to my daughter 😁

• JackieR 23rd June 2021 at 10:00 am

We’ve not long moved to Port William. Getting used to the long drives to places but the empty roads make it a joy – until you get stuck behind a couple of motorhhome and I’m saving a fortune not nipping into home and bargains a couple of times a week and never picking up that roll of tinfoil!

• TrishS 23rd June 2021 at 1:10 pm

Beautiful part of the area.

• SGarnsworthy 23rd July 2021 at 9:08 am

Just joined up too and live in D & G.

• leo 25th July 2021 at 2:46 am

Just joined also. Ivr live in D & G over 50 yrs moving from Hampshire aged 12.
      Three years ago I moved to Dumfries from Lockerbie and I have live near Ecceclefechan in Eaglesfield and on the road towards Corrie.
      Its a peaceful area and hardly a traffic jam when visiting all the lovely areas especially the beautiful coastline.

• Bridget 6th August 2021 at 9:14 am

Hello all
      Moved to just outside New Abbey last year. Moving to Carsethorn later in the year

Add