Home Forums Local Groups England Merseyside Hi, I’m viv, im 58 and from liverpool. IR...

Let’s start again Posted 2 years ago
Hi, I’m viv, im 58 and from liverpool. I’m a tour guide on the open top buses in the city centre. I’ve 3 grown up girls all with their own families. I’ve just moved out of my apartment and moved into another leaving my partner of 9 years in the old one…. so looking for friends support etc.
23 likes & 32 replies
    • Tania 9th November 2020 at 9:17 pm
      1. Hi Viv

just thought I’d pop by and welcome you. I’m down South, looking to make friends and if a nice man comes along, maybe start dating again.

Hope you’re coping…..difficult times.

Take care

Tania

• Let’s start again 10th November 2020 at 11:36 am

Hi there thanks for the reply. Stressful times indeed… some days are good but today feels bad. I woke up all positive and went on a long walk with the dogs. My lifesavers they are. They’ve got to go out which makes me get out.

• Showqa 17th January 2021 at 9:45 pm

Hey there – I really do understand as I know how hard it is when you’re no longer in the first flushes of youth (I found myself suddenly alone 7 years ago). But dogs – well – they are the best therapy! I’ve done some tour guide stuff in town (people on the cruise ships booked me for bespoke tours) and I loved it! So sad that Covid has done for that too. I guess you’ve got the same problem with the bus tours.

• E1drabble 10th November 2020 at 11:47 am

Hii im from bootle

probably heard I talking when the bus goes past haha

ill talk yo you anytime xx dont stress

• ryanmary35 13th November 2020 at 6:43 pm

Hello Viv

We went to your amazing city in February for my husband’s birthday. We had a great time. Such a interesting place to be. Love the accent and the friendliness of the people. I was like yourself in 2006. Scared and not sure what my future held. But I knew it had to be better then the past. I like this staying FAIL

First

Attempt

In

Learning

Enjoy discovering who you are 😀🌈

• Let’s start again 14th November 2020 at 6:20 am

Many thanks for your reply….. it’s a scary place to be in…..but one I must try….its not what I want to be doing at 58… but its come to a situation where I’m resenting the person I’ve become… and I need to change that…

• Officeboy 13th November 2020 at 7:06 pm

Hi Viv How are you? Great i understand im same age and very similar to you, especially support and friendship. Only thing is im in Essex within London. Take care. Mark

• Let’s start again 14th November 2020 at 6:17 am
        • Thanks for your reply…. means slot especially when you think your alone…. scary times but two weeks today I’ve been here and it feels…. like home…. I think…. trust the gut feelings ……they seldom let you down… onwards and upwards… lol ……stay safe…. x
    • whovian1406 15th November 2020 at 7:01 pm

Hi Viv

I’m 59 and was in the same position a few years ago after 22 years. Thought I would hate being on my own but I got used to it. Whilst I enjoy being single I still enjoy female company but that seems to be elusive at the moment. Keep positive and give me a wave as I am just up the coast in morecambe.Martyn

• ScouseMouse 22nd December 2020 at 9:15 pm

Hey good luck in taking the big step into your new life !

• Didi 1968 29th December 2020 at 10:35 am

Hi I’m in Liverpool and never been on one of your buses I’m ashamed to say x

• JuneEg 29th December 2020 at 12:00 pm

Hi Viv I’m June and live in Liverpool City Centre. Happy to meet for socially distanced walk and coffee outside when practical. Take each day as it comes. Relationship break ups are really difficult and I feel for you especially during the pandemic of 2021. Lovely you have your dogs to keep you company. Direct message me if you wish about meeting up in the future. Best wishes

• John_C 8th January 2021 at 10:32 pm

Hi Viv ..Happy New Year..hope you are still doing OK..tricky times but let’s all hope it starts improving next month. All the best x

• N125 10th January 2021 at 9:47 pm

Hi Victoria, hello. Live 8n Southport & work in Seaforth in the Docks 🙂

• Deleted User 31st January 2021 at 4:43 pm

I live in Litherland just up the road from Seaforth Docks. Do you think you guys could keep the noise down of a night bashing those containers around. I need my beauty sleep 😂

• N125 31st January 2021 at 4:52 pm

Ha ha Sue,
          I don’t have any part in that ma’am. I’m in a Soya plant !
          Hope they don’t disturb you too much ! Besides you look just fine considering the lack of sleep x lol😊

• Deleted User 31st January 2021 at 8:31 pm

Why thank you Sir ☺️ Ah yeah that does stink a bit. You’ve gone nose blind to it. It isn’t as stinky as the waste treatment plant though 🤮

• N125 31st January 2021 at 9:06 pm

Been there nearly 17 years now so probably am nose blind .. 🤣🤣

• Let’s start again 11th January 2021 at 2:56 am

Hi there, I live right next door to the docks at sea forth… your a bloody noisy bunch in there… lol

• N125 31st January 2021 at 7:21 pm

As I said to Sue….not me that one. That said I’m told the place smells a bit, must be immune to it after all these years as I don’t smell it myself !
        Keep your head up stay positive & open to what chapters life throws your way next x🙂

• Deleted User 30th January 2021 at 7:21 pm

Hi Viv
      I’m 6 months out of a 10 year relationship. I’m 60 and never thought I would end up here again. The lockdown only adds to our loneliness. I’m still having bad days although they are becoming less frequent. I’ve just joined the group. Not sure what I’m doing yet. But… it’s a step forward x

• Let’s start again 31st January 2021 at 12:16 pm

Hi there,
        Many thanks for the reply, yes I moved out in october so a few months in already. I’m having many more good days than bad. I’ve been concentrating on doing up my new place which I’m achieving by selling loads of jewellery I dont wear so that was a bonus I had around 500 pounds to play with. Got loads of stuff on market place on facebook so really pleased as to how it’s all coming together. I’m still friends with my x and he helps me walk the dogs when hes free. But I dont miss the relationship one tiny bit. Which probably means it was over years ago for me…I just needed to be pushed over the edge to jump. I’m so glad I did. Just feel emotionally so much better…not as wound up or fed up as I was with him. Which is good. I surprised myself really. I have just gotten another job which I start tomorrow in the care industry so that should keep me busy for a while. Looking forward to a new future chapter.

• Let’s start again 21st April 2021 at 7:15 am

Hi there, yes its strange to be this age and your facing life alone. But I’m trying to stay positive for the most part. Its been 7 months now and I don’t regret it one bit. I’m almost done with the decorating and feel in a much better place. Although I’m still not sure where I’m headed but just take one day at a time. Thats all you can do. Take care x

• Akiwi 31st January 2021 at 12:32 pm

Hi Viv !
      I too find myself alone in my late 50’s like yourself. Just too say you are not alone.
      Hard as it is, keep smiling and love yourself first.
      Here’s too the good time’s ahead!🥂

• Let’s start again 31st January 2021 at 12:42 pm

Hi there, thanks for your comments. I’m actually enjoying being alone.. its giving me time to heal. Which is what I need so that I can work out what I actually want in life.

• BBLiv 8th April 2021 at 11:37 pm

Hi Viv, Just jumped on this site, Read your post, Hope your doing well, I live not far from you, Keep yourself busy get out with the dog, I’ve got a little schnauzer he is my focus to get up and out, Everyone’s had a tough time but keep positive, Enjoy your time to yourself, Take care, I’m still trying to figure what I want to do in life at 53 think of lots of things I would love to do, Enjoy your life, Might see you by crosby beach some time, Look out for a blonde woman with a bouncy schnauzer 🤣🤣

• Let’s start again 21st April 2021 at 7:10 am

Hi there, sorry I missed your msg I don’t come on here often. Yes I’m always down the beach. If you can hear a dog howling squealing and screaming its my beagle ruby. I’ve also another beagle frankie he doesn’t say much but she makes up for his non verbal walks. Lol

• JayCee 20th April 2021 at 1:55 pm

Hi Viv. What an exciting, fun job and I’m guessing you’ll be up and running again or very soon if not already. I’m in North Merseyside and a former educator (several roles), I took early retirement too eighteen months ago but haven’t managed to enjoy it yet.
      Hope the move went ok?
      Happy to keep in touch and once the world becomes a safer place, perhaps meet for a coffee in town maybe?
      Jacqueline

• Let’s start again 21st April 2021 at 7:08 am

Hi there, thank for your msg. I havnt been on this site for ages not sure why lol. Yup the move was 7 months ago and I’ve got to say I feel so much better. I have more good days than bad I have a wobble now and again but in general I feel a million times better for making that call. Yes a coffee and a natter would be fab. I’m not sure why everyone’s so excited about people in your bubble I haven’t got one. Lol

• yvonne.lyons 25th April 2021 at 11:49 am

Hi Viv,
      my name is Yvonne and I’m looking for the same kind of social things as yourself. My partner left me in October last year and so I’m now looking to get out and about again. Email me if you like and perhaps we can become friends. Take care

• JD 15th June 2021 at 3:45 pm

Hi viv how u are u back on the busx

Add