Home Forums Local Groups England Kent Hi I’m Victoria and I live near Canterbury i...

Vic B Posted 1 year ago
Hi I’m Victoria and I live near Canterbury in Kent. I enjoy walking and have 2 dogs who usually join me. I also have 2 cats and 3 hens, and I’m a librarian. I like reading, going to the cinema and theatre.
3 likes & 4 replies
    • SouthernSoftie 21st April 2021 at 11:34 am

HI Victoria
      I was living in Chartham but moved to a village near Sandwich last summer.
      Retired with one small cat…
      I have walked far more since the first lockdown as don’t go to zumba anymore.

• Vic B 22nd April 2021 at 7:30 am

Sandwich is lovely, hope you’re enjoying it.
        I walked loads in the first lockdown, around working from home. I also found that i could fit in a twice-weekly online pilates class – something that i couldn’t have done if I’d had to go somewhere for it. Still doing it and I really like it. Shame you couldn’t do zumba online. In some ways it has opened up more possibilities.

• SouthernSoftie 22nd April 2021 at 8:03 pm

Yes I walked lots in Lockdown. this time last year I was seeing Bluebells near Chartham and baby lambs. Have already walked quite a bit near Sandwich, Pegwell Bay, Deal.
          I did try Zumba online but it did not match doing to a real class. I do yoga every day though online. Lucky to have quite a few friends so can meet for walks and have calls.
          Life if opening up and I have joined a Bowls club so looking forward to trying that.

• Vic B 23rd April 2021 at 11:20 am

There are some lovely walks around there. I moved down here from London 16 years ago and live in a village in the North Downs. It’s muddy in winter but starting to look lovely again now. I do love spring.
      Never thought about trying bowls, although there’s a very active club in my village. Maybe I should give it a go! I used to enjoy watching my son play cricket – the matches go on for hours and are very relaxing. He’s gone to university so I miss doing that. Maybe I could replace spectatorship with actually playing bowls!

Add