Home Forums Women’s Health Hi I’m Sandra bee I was told last year I was...

Sandrabee Posted 4 months ago
Hi I’m Sandra bee I was told last year I was pre menopausal I’m 53 a bit shocked.
2 likes & 27 replies
    • beetlejuice 4th January 2022 at 3:16 pm

Hi Sandra, which bit are you shocked about?

• Sandrabee 4th January 2022 at 5:23 pm

I was shocked about the hormonal effects such as night sweats feeling tired and always felling angry

• beetlejuice 4th January 2022 at 5:34 pm

Hello, and happy 2022.I have been angry for 20 years!! only teasing, if the symptoms are mild, just accept them as another part of being female, If severe see GP about oestrogen replacement.Get the tiredness checked out though as can be underline causes for this, Thyroid for example lack vit B /iron.I think it,s the luck of the draw, some women really struggle others have few problems.There are many herbal meds if you dont want something prescribed.

• Deleted User 4th January 2022 at 5:11 pm

Can happen a lot earlier than that Sandra. Certainly did for the present Mrs E. Late forties for her – and the whole process is not quite over yet, in her mid-50s. Better than it was but Jeez, it takes a while 🙄😕

• SouthernSoftie 4th January 2022 at 7:11 pm

I was on HRT for 15 years, came off two years ago. Am thinking about talking to my Doctor about going back on it. The night sweats are dreadfull , soaked. For some ladies it wont stop.

• SteveKent 4th January 2022 at 8:51 pm

Worth watching is a brillianty brave documentery by Davina McCall
      Davina McCall: Sex, Myths and the Menopause – Channel 4
      Your not alone

• Soixate 4th January 2022 at 9:19 pm

I agree the documentary is worth a watch and there is an app called balance which is very informative and helps you keep a diary on your symptoms that you can show to your doctor if you want to give hrt a try.

• Amanda in Durham 5th January 2022 at 10:37 am

The average that women go into menopause is 51, so being pre-menopausal at 53 is quite within the norm.

Why were you shocked to hear this?

Wishing you all the best!

• Forestbather 5th January 2022 at 10:41 am

Do you mean post-meno, surely??

• Lookforwardnotback 5th January 2022 at 11:12 am

Hit mine at 50 ..65 now and still have many symptoms..is it ever over..i think not 😟

• Purple boots 5th January 2022 at 8:51 pm

I started at 51 and 10 years later it’s still going strong. 😟 My doctor was useless and gave me information which I told him was exactly what I had already found on the internet. I didn’t want to go on HRT as it was only delaying it

• Deb T 10th January 2022 at 6:47 pm

hi purple boots , you wouldn’t be delaying the menopause. When you’re out of eggs …you’re out of eggs . That happens along side taking HRT. HRT helps with the symptoms and times are changing . HRT Won’t pause or delay the menopause. It just puts back the oestrogen you have lost . It’s like a diabetic needs to take insulin , women need HRT to put back oestrogen which the female body needs to stay healthy and strong . HRT is worth considering again because it helps keep your heart healthy as well as your bones, brain , muscles – the list is huge .

• Nelle96 18th April 2022 at 12:00 pm

I certainly found HRT very useful for 5 years. I was literally waking up every 15 mins soaked to the skin and unbearably hot, it was totally disrupting my life. Within a week of starting the HRT the symptoms stopped. After 4 years I put myself on half doses for a year, no symptoms returned. After another year I stopped completely, symptoms did come back but much milder. Five years after stopping HRT I still wake up once or twice a night burning up, but that’s manageable.

• GTR 5th January 2022 at 12:52 pm

I was 38 when I started perimenapausal . Gradually increased with symptoms. I’m now 55 still having flushes x

• Phill 5th January 2022 at 6:43 pm

Hi Sandra, I was floored by the severity of some of my symptoms (the hot flushes for example). I share my experiences in my (non commercial) blog.
      Here’s the link if you’d like to take a look:-
      https://menopausalskinstories.com/

• MORENOCH1 10th January 2022 at 3:23 pm

HI SANDRA, WHAT DOES PRE MENOPAUSAL MEAN?

• Deb T 10th January 2022 at 6:54 pm

You’ll learn lots if you look up Dr Louise Newson and the menopause campaigner Diane Danzebrink

• Sandyg 14th January 2022 at 11:32 am

I’d consider myself lucky to be pre menopausal at 53, most of us have had the full blown thing by then!

• Sandee12 21st January 2022 at 12:35 pm

Don’t worry, I went through menopause in my late 20s, it was a shock, but also as I was not that bothered about having children I coped, the thing that I really have problems with is the view of menopause, doctors take ages to diagnose it, if you are not the “normal” age. You will get through it try not to panic, and yes it is normal for your body, but think positively, you are not getting older its just another phase of your life.

• Collieflower2 4th February 2022 at 3:26 pm

Pre – menopausal symptoms can start at any age. Some women are unfortunate that it hits them in early 20’s or 30’s. Approximately 14% of women are lucky that they go from hero to zero in one fell swoop. No sweats, no flushings, no pre – menopausal symptoms. However some of the 14% find it’s payback for years of misery with painful periods (not due to endometriosis). Every woman is different in what they experience.

• Team Rest Less 15th February 2022 at 10:52 am

We’ve run a few online events with our partners My Menopause Centre. This was the first one which might help – ‘Demystifying the menopause’:

https://restless.co.uk/health/healthy-body/rest-less-presents-demystifying-the-menopause/

You can find more information by clicking in the ‘Health’ section of the Rest Less website and then clicking on ‘Menopause’

• Annabelle 13th April 2022 at 7:17 pm

My menopause was completed at 42.

• Mo22 16th April 2022 at 4:52 pm

Hi I went through it around 50. There were a few signs looking back but I honestly looked in the bathroom cupboard one day and thought haven’t had any use for those for months. That was it. I know how lucky I was. My friend was on hrt for many years as her symptoms were so bad. So it varies so much woman to woman. Keep my fingers crossed your also one of the lucky ones.

• Loulebelle 18th April 2022 at 11:52 am

Hi Sandra, I’m peri menapausal at 50. Tough going with sleepless nights and mood swings. Oh joy 🤣

• Toni Samantha 20th April 2022 at 12:06 am

Hi i’ve been peri menopausal since i was 46, now 52, periods started getting less, down to 1 every 5 months then since Christmas back to the regular 1 a month, I still occasionally get night sweats, but not as bad as at the beginning, I get emotional easy now though. It’s not too bad, have heard it can last 15 years in this stage.

Add