Home Forums Dating Hi I’m Russ I’m 57 . I live in Cheshire and ha...

Riggerboy Posted 1 year ago
Hi I’m Russ I’m 57 . I live in Cheshire and have been in the USA for 28 years . Looking for some company after lockdown is done. I’m a diver and my interests are consciousness and cosmology to name just a few. I’m very laid back and don’t drink .FYI I have big holes in my ears and Buddhist tattoos.
5 likes & 16 replies
    • Bezzyboo 23rd January 2021 at 10:47 pm

Hi,

Quick question as I’m curious… do the big holes in the ears have a meaning? Or is there a reason you have them? Or is it just you being a dedicated follower of fashion? 😁

• Riggerboy 24th January 2021 at 12:34 am

This is what some Buddhists believe.
        To Buddhists, Buddha’s long earlobes symbolize a conscious rejection of the material world in favor of spiritual enlightenment. abandon. to desert or leave entirely. Buddha.
        But to be totally honest I got them pierced 37 years ago and it was a total vanity thing and to be different and 37 years ago it was very different. I’ve had them so long they are just part of who I am and I like the look it kind of suits me.
        I guess a bit of the first statement is true as I’ve got older and wiser I am far less concerned with material things and do tend to focus on just being as happy as I can in this messed up world .
        Hope that answers you question .

• Bezzyboo 24th January 2021 at 11:31 pm

Thank you for answering – always been intrigued – never wanted to ask a random person walking by.

And from it being a vanity thing to it having some meaning in your life is a great step forward.

I think as we all get older we become less interested in material things – and what people think of us. Personally I think they suit you, but don’t envy you wearing big heavy jewellery pieces in them 😊

• Riggerboy 25th January 2021 at 9:11 am

I don’t wear the heavy surgical steel jewellery, I now wear mahogany tunnels which weigh nothing.
          Over the last 15 years I have become some what of a minimalist and have tailored my life more to what I need and not what I want, I’ve found it a very liberating experience .
          It’s taken me a while to get to a selfless minimalist place but I’m glad I’m here now , life is a journey after all .

• LeighS 23rd January 2021 at 11:04 pm

Hi, where did you live in the USA? We lived over there for 14 years, California and then Oregon. Been back 10.5 yrs.

• Riggerboy 24th January 2021 at 12:39 am

Hi ,
        I lived in LA for a long time then went to Vegas for a couple few years . Did 2 years in New Jersey but hated it , so I went back to LA.
        I did travel extensively though went to every state except Hawaii.
        I would go to Oregon from time to time as I had friend who lived on the Rogue river , it was amazing so beautiful and green , lots of wild life and the fishing was out of this world .

• LeighS 24th January 2021 at 10:34 pm

Hi Russ,

Ah the Rogue River, took a boat trip along it. We lived, from what I recall about 30 miles away from it. Of course in US terms, not far at all considering when we went shopping it was a 40 mile round trip 🙂 We lived rurally and had deer roam around, loved them, but wasn’t that fond of the snakes!!! The scenery was beautiful, do miss it.

Re California, we were further north, the Central Valley, very hot in the summer and could get extremely foggy in the winter. Lived longer in Oregon though but have good memories of both 🙂

Actually lived in Cheshire prior to moving to the USA, but returned to Nottingham.

Leigh

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 24th January 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi Russ,
      Are you a practising Buddhist? I’ve been practising yoga and meditation for 5 years and over the last year become curious about Buddhism.

• Riggerboy 25th January 2021 at 9:15 am

I haven’t been to temple for quite a few years and probably should .
        I think it’s something I should push myself into after lockdown is over .
        I do meditate , never been sure if I’m doing it right but at least I’m trying .
        I try to be a good Buddhist, but some days it’s hard , anyway life is a journey . A long one apparently if your a Buddhist ha ha ha .

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 25th January 2021 at 10:22 am

I know what you mean! I dipped my toes in and did an online meditation retreat between Christmas and New Year, promising to keep it up every day… I definitely felt the benefits, but I’m slipping back into old habits. At least I’m keeping the yoga going 🙂

• Yellow Socks 30th January 2021 at 2:14 pm

Swadee Krub in Thai or Hello in English you can resite the mantra when meditating this will focus your mind. San Mar Arahan is what it sounds like if you do not know. Do this ha loy = 500 times.
          I was a Buddhist Monk in Thailand and lived in a village Wat or Temple.
          Quietness, breathing, correct positioning while seated are important.
          I have also practiced walking meditation eyes closed and complete focused on the present. Very slow and set procedure to be followed in the Wat. Maybe 200 people at the same time.

• Grapes 27th January 2021 at 10:29 pm

Good evening

• lyndaberry12345 29th January 2021 at 3:44 am

Hello Russ just wonder. When the. Lockdown is over. Could we both meet. For brew. And cake live in Cheshire. As well. Just laid. Back. Same. As you. Lynda

Add