Home Forums Local Groups England Essex Hi I’m Nicky, I live in wickford. Interests....

Nickystar Posted 2 years ago
Hi I’m Nicky, I live in wickford. Interests. Card making and love singing and learning new songs. Cinema, countryside, museums, military museums, friendship, theatre once in a blue moon etc
2 likes & 14 replies
    • David.W 21st November 2020 at 8:06 pm

Hi nicky, from a fellow Wickfordian. How are you managing under our new regime. I,m trying to find my way round here as its all new to me. Can we see each others profiles on here?

• Nickystar 16th March 2021 at 10:17 pm

Hi David,
        How are you keeping with all this going on? I am sort of new to this site. Lots I haven’t even looked at yet. Probably take a while to learn. Profile pictures you should be able to see and to see each others profile I will have to look and see what you do and let you know.
        Wickford is a nice little town needs more shops. A couple closed down and changed hands. It does make you wonder how many will still be able to open once the lockdown is over and it’s safe to open. All of them hand the hand sanitizer at the door and social distance stickers on the floor.
        Take care
        Nicky

• Andy Paddles 16th March 2021 at 10:29 pm

Hi Nicky,
      Probably a bit of a trek for you – but if you ever get up North (and really, why wouldn’t you!) and you like a military museum – you’ve got to go to The Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds! Outstanding!

Enjoy the site, lot of fun!

• Nickystar 16th March 2021 at 10:39 pm

Hi Andy,
        How are you?
        I will type the name of the museum in and take a look.
        I’ve been to a few now. Plus 3 Military events that were amazing. It will probably be a long time before they happen again. Plus I don’t know where is best to find military penpals. A lot of sites charge a big fee. Don’t know if you know any?
        Thank you for telling me the name of the museum. Take care.
        Nicky

• Andy Paddles 17th March 2021 at 12:22 am

Hi Nicky,
          The Armouries is certainly worth a Google and if you can manage it a visit – Leeds is a pretty cool city!

I can’t help with the military pen pals I’m afraid – but I’m sure some of the ex Service Men’s associations would be able to help – websites charging are to be avoided I’d have thought – I’m sure there’s lots of ex Service Men out there who would benefit from a friend.

All the best, Andy

• Nickystar 17th March 2021 at 2:10 pm

Hi Andy,
      Nice to hear from you again.
      Yes that sounds like it could be a nice trip one day.
      Yes I will avoid paid sites they might not be real because there is lots of scams out there.
      Take care
      Nicky

• Maria1968 17th March 2021 at 2:53 pm

Hi Nicky I live in basildon
      How have you been coping thru all this ?

• Nickystar 17th March 2021 at 8:31 pm

Hi Maria,
        Hope your keeping well? Through all this going on I’m finding it a struggle. It affects the mental health not seeing anyone. So it’s phone calls at the moment only. How are you coping?

• Maria1968 17th March 2021 at 8:36 pm

Yes I know so so hard , although worrying I’m glad I’ve worked all through it all my work colleagues have helped alot

• Nickystar 17th March 2021 at 8:43 pm

That’s great to hear you are getting through this. It is a tough time. I can’t believe it’s been a year already.
          Covid is not nice to have. I got it last October and it lasted 16 days and did my bronchial asthma in for a while. Then I had my first vaccine injection in Feb. Lots of other health problems too.
          Hope you have been well?

• Maria1968 17th March 2021 at 9:34 pm

I’ve been ok last year was quite ill for about 7 days but couldn’t get a test .isolated and slowly got my strength back .I think I had it then tbh .
          Hoping to have my jab soon as I’m 53
          I’m ok now just it’s all so lonely and boring now

• Nickystar 17th March 2021 at 10:49 pm

Glad you got better again. Some people can get it and not know they have it. Good luck and hope you get the jab soon there’s 2 lots. Don’t know why the second one is a while after the first and was told there was 2 types. There’s the Oxford one and there’s a different one.

What would you do to get rid of the boredom what do you like to do? I find the card making and singing is great.

• Robin500 7th April 2021 at 6:15 pm

Hi Nicky, nice to meet you.

• Nickystar 9th April 2021 at 10:50 pm

Hi Robin, nice to meet you. I don’t know and I am looking for one.
      I just lost my wonder dad 5 April Easter Monday. Destroyed me.
      We are still letting people know and still doing paperwork. Still sorting out dads things. The council that own the pensioner place dad was in they are saying we don’t have long before we have to give the keys back. It’s very heart-breaking sorting dads things out. We have done the register death by phone today. Next week see the funeral director which I am really scared about that. My husband told me yes it’s going to be a struggle. My husband has been helping me do everything. My dad was so ill we was taking care of dad every day 24 hours.

Add