Home Forums Bereavement Hi I’m new to this group and having been widowed...

Woodlandgirl Posted 11 months ago
Hi I’m new to this group and having been widowed 3yrs ago and enduring lockdown I feel I need to make new friends.
3 likes & 11 replies
    • Gaetano 30th June 2021 at 1:35 pm

Hi Woodlandgirl,

Thank you so much for joining our Community and welcome to Rest Less!
      I’m Gaetano, I am the Customer Service Manager at Rest Less and, should you have any questions about it, I’m here for you.

You are now part of a very friendly community where it’s very easy to make new friends.

There is plenty to choose from as you can see from the groups we have available and you only need a bit of pro-active approach and participate in any conversations you may find of interest to make new friends.

Please, do share your feedback with us, no matter how small: it is powerful information for us to understand what we have to do to improve our service to you.

Thank you again and happy posting!

• Woodlandgirl 30th June 2021 at 2:04 pm

Thank you Gaetano.

• jonpru 1st July 2021 at 1:10 pm

skype name?

• Gaetano 1st July 2021 at 4:09 pm

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much for your post.

I just wanted to make sure that our house rules, https://community.restless.co.uk/community-rules/, are known and that, being a public forum anyway, we never recommend to exchange personal details on a public post.
        We have added the direct messaging function that keeps the communication private so you may want to use that instead.

Thank you!

• Woodlandgirl 1st July 2021 at 3:03 pm

I’m not sure how this site works but I live in North Devon and used to travel a fair bit.

• Gaetano 1st July 2021 at 4:06 pm

Hi Woodlandgirl,

sorry the functionalities of the community are somewhat confusing.

I could see the other post you have added and maybe you only wanted to send that as direct message to another fellow Member instead?

Here you can find some basic instructions, hopefully you will find them useful.

Reply –> it sends your public post to that thread as direct reply to that specific Member’s post
      Like –> Does exactly that
      Direct Message –> it allows you to privately communicate with that specific Member
      Report —> you can report a post/thread to us if you feel it’s abusive or for any other reason
      Edit –> It allows you to change your own posts content
      Add your reply —> It sends your public post to that thread, however as a continuation of the posting chronology rather than a message specific to a Member’s particular post within the thread.

Please, do let me know if anything is not clear and I will be more than happy to help you.

• SuzieC 10th July 2021 at 6:30 pm

Hi there
      I’m also new and need to make new friends esp those that have felt grief
      I have been widowed 10
      years and now a new relationship but miss my husband every day.
      I grew up in Devon and have just been to Dartmoor walking
      Went to near Tavistock for a weeks hol
      How are you with life now?Suzanne in Dorset

• Louise F 10th July 2021 at 6:36 pm

So sorry for your loss xxx I’m going through a bereavement right now – it’s certainly tough, to say the least 😢

• SuzieC 10th July 2021 at 7:27 pm

If un need to talk lm here
        For me10 years now and
        I still feel the grief but if anyone had told me l could find love again l would never would have wanted it to happen but
        It has in anatural way and l feel my loved one
        is beside me and gladl l am not lonely for the rest of my life.

It is time we need to heal
        and memories that bring us joy.

• SuzieC 10th July 2021 at 7:48 pm

I could hardly get dressed after 5weeks l
      had to try and be brave as the children grown up
      we’re so in a bad way also to be honest l just wanted to be with him
      It was hard to get through each day going
      to the sea helped.

Add